Why, in the name of God, would you LOCK "Welcome Home" ?

The sticky thread was never open. It is not a discussion thread, it is a DVC Board information post. One thing this tells us, though...is that people are NOW seeing the sticky threads because of the new sticky thread color scheme.

Last edited:
The sticky thread was never open. It is not a discussion thread, it is a DVC Board information post. One thing this tells us, though...it that people are NOW seeing the sticky threads because of the new sticky thread color scheme.
I'm new to the boards can you please explain what a sticky thread is? Thanks in advance

A sticky thread stays at the top of the list all the time. For regular threads, they are in the order of most recent posts.
Sticky’s are good for FAQ type information.

Yes, and the sticky threads (aka pinned threads) have been there all along, they simply got a recent color change to make them more noticeable.

Yes, and the sticky threads (aka pinned threads) have been there all along, they simply got a recent color change to make them more noticeable.
I did notice the slight color scheme change. Then again, I've been on the boards a long time and notice subtle things like that. . .usually. ;)

For whatever reason, the new color scheme pushes the stickies, in my mind, into a "spam" or "paid advertisement" category and they disappear to me, as I automatically cruise right past them.

Maybe it's the way the font matches the background?

For whatever reason, the new color scheme pushes the stickies, in my mind, into a "spam" or "paid advertisement" category and they disappear to me, as I automatically cruise right past them.

Me too. I had to go back and look after seeing this thread because my mind also had registered it as ads or such.

Stickies always are ignored by my mind, it doesn't matter what color they are, as I am looking for active threads.

Stickies always are ignored by my mind, it doesn't matter what color they are, as I am looking for active threads.

I think that is true for a lot of people, judging from the number of threads we have to decline on the Rent/Trade board. Anything we can do to make them more noticeable there would help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter