Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

how long did you have to wait to speak with someone?
my daughter has to cancel her august 5th trip (15 nights) and needs to do so with member services to get the borrowed points back into the correct year.
Maybe about thirty minutes but there is great music whilst you wait, Disney of course, and it's a free call if you use the DVC access code.
This was the third cancellation we had made. The first one, for March this year, caused a slight problem because they put some of the points into the wrong use year. Another phone call resolved that quickly and the last two cancellations were fine.

ford family

Maybe about thirty minutes but there is great music whilst you wait, Disney of course, and it's a free call if you use the DVC access code.
This was the third cancellation we had made. The first one, for March this year, caused a slight problem because they put some of the points into the wrong use year. Another phone call resolved that quickly and the last two cancellations were fine.

ford family
good to hear it was relatively painless...
she's not looking forward to the call...
she said she's been getting email by email her ADR cancellations...
and she had something like 25 ADRs.......
so email by email is like water torture LOL....

good to hear it was relatively painless...
she's not looking forward to the call...
she said she's been getting email by email her ADR cancellations...
and she had something like 25 ADRs.......
so email by email is like water torture LOL....

Sure is like torture, whilst they mostly came off MDE couple days ago mine have been coming in all afternoon!

according to the article by the Orlando Weekly (attached below), some of the changes that Disney is instituting for the coronavirus may become permanent, including doing away with fastpasses and the requirement for reservations to access the parks.

the need to make reservations to access the parks is the one that bothers me.
I heard that Disney is going to restrict the number of days that any ticket can have reserved.
For those of us coming from overseas this is problematic.
Because of the high cost of flying to the US, many of us only go to WDW only every few years, but typically stay for as long as 14 to 21 days.
Meanwhile, the American ticket maxes out at 10 days.
If Disney doesn't allow us to reserve entrance for all 14 to 21 days, i'll be upset.

The only reason we fly to Orlando is to go to WDW.
Having to reserve access into the parks and possibly being limited on the number of days we can access the parks really does feel like they're going a step too far even for me.

i certainly understand the need for it during corona times, but once we get back to 'normal'? Nope.

Here's the article mentioned above:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...gKCRS0FFC8ytXiTfGEc1SCSVH2FfBmIzUs3od8-ZMnSCs.

Disneyholic I agree with you. Would seem little point having 14 day let alone 21 day ticket if you were restricted to say 10 days. In effect would stop park hopping. Guess water park days not included but I’d planned on water park then evening meal and 3 FP in a park.

Still bigger problem for now is being able to get there affordably and safely.

Disneyholic I agree with you. Would seem little point having 14 day let alone 21 day ticket if you were restricted to say 10 days. In effect would stop park hopping. Guess water park days not included but I’d planned on water park then evening meal and 3 FP in a park.

Still bigger problem for now is being able to get there affordably and safely.
our overseas trips are all canceled for 2020.
The next one is July 2021 with everyone (all 9 of us). Last time we all went together was in 2017.
We'll have to make the reservations in August (we're DVC), but for the first time, i'm not going to buy plane tickets until closer to the actual date.
The airline we fly doesn't refund money, so i'm not willing to risk $20,000 on plane tickets until i'm more certain the trip is on.

My big problem now is trying to figure out how to bring my mom back here.
She flew to the US to be with my sister (who died in March).
Now with corona, she's stuck at my brother in laws house. Kind of weird for a 92 year old woman to be living with her son in law.
But so far, i just don't know how i'm going to succeed in bringing her back home.

sorry for digressing!!

if they only allow ten then surely they will need to refund us something for the 14 day ticket? Will just have to find something else to do for four of the days of our trip I guess

you're of course right. It makes no sense to sell a 14 day ticket and then limit the number of times you can access the parks.
If they do require reservations to enter the parks, they're going to have to do something special for those with the UK tickets.

I read this article too earlier but I don't think I read it so pessimistically. A lot of it is certainly speculation but I agree that Disney will use this time to reset some of the functions such as fastpass which aren't great systems. I know the irony in the next statement given the UK and Ireland are in a black whole of silence from Disney right now...but I really don't think Disney would do anything to isolate their UK and Ireland customer base because there is typically a larger spend envelope we have for our trips compared to shorter US vacations

The next one is July 2021 with everyone (all 9 of us). Last time we all went together was in 2017.
We'll have to make the reservations in August (we're DVC), but for the first time, i'm not going to buy plane tickets until closer to the actual date.
The airline we fly doesn't refund money, so i'm not willing to risk $20,000 on plane tickets until i'm more certain the trip is on.

Now with corona, she's stuck at my brother in laws house. Kind of weird for a 92 year old woman to be living with her son in law.
But so far, i just don't know how i'm going to succeed in bringing her back home.

sorry for digressing!!

If your mother is a UK passport holder she should be able to just fly back. I work for the UK government and I believe people can still repatriate back to the UK. One of the families I work with in Rwanda are travelling from Florida back to the UK this week. Might be trickier if she needs assistance given her age but if you speak to the UK Embassy in US they can advise what assistance may be available.

sorry for digressing!!
Indeed I think if you can find a flight, I believe there still are some from US, then if a British Passport holder could come home. Better in next 2 days before the quarantine kicks in on the 8th.

Sorry to hear your news.

according to the article by the Orlando Weekly (attached below), some of the changes that Disney is instituting for the coronavirus may become permanent, including doing away with fastpasses and the requirement for reservations to access the parks.

the need to make reservations to access the parks is the one that bothers me.
I heard that Disney is going to restrict the number of days that any ticket can have reserved.
For those of us coming from overseas this is problematic.
Because of the high cost of flying to the US, many of us only go to WDW only every few years, but typically stay for as long as 14 to 21 days.
Meanwhile, the American ticket maxes out at 10 days.
If Disney doesn't allow us to reserve entrance for all 14 to 21 days, i'll be upset.

The only reason we fly to Orlando is to go to WDW.
Having to reserve access into the parks and possibly being limited on the number of days we can access the parks really does feel like they're going a step too far even for me.

i certainly understand the need for it during corona times, but once we get back to 'normal'? Nope.

Here's the article mentioned above:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...gKCRS0FFC8ytXiTfGEc1SCSVH2FfBmIzUs3od8-ZMnSCs.

Luckily this is just speculation as Disney hasn't announced anything yet. For me the big thing would be if they implement a park reservation system permanently. First of all, I don't see the need for this as it's very rare for the parks to be at capacity. Sure, they can use it for those busy periods (4th of July & New Years Eve) so people will know in advance if the can get in. Although this can affect Disney negatively as if people have a reservation and know they'll get in no matter what, they might just show up for the fireworks and Disney will loose more business in daytime. Second, it might discourage park hopping which is a big money maker for Disney.

Personally I'd hate a reservation system as we're the opposite of planners. We do book fastpasses at 60 days out, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll visit the park we've reserved fastpasses for that day. We usually decide the day before or same day what we want to do, so having to reserve in advance would not really work for us.

Indeed I think if you can find a flight, I believe there still are some from US, then if a British Passport holder could come home. Better in next 2 days before the quarantine kicks in on the 8th.

Sorry to hear your news.
From memory, I don't think Beth's family are UK or EU passport holders.

ford family

Luckily this is just speculation as Disney hasn't announced anything yet. For me the big thing would be if they implement a park reservation system permanently. First of all, I don't see the need for this as it's very rare for the parks to be at capacity. Sure, they can use it for those busy periods (4th of July & New Years Eve) so people will know in advance if the can get in. Although this can affect Disney negatively as if people have a reservation and know they'll get in no matter what, they might just show up for the fireworks and Disney will loose more business in daytime. Second, it might discourage park hopping which is a big money maker for Disney.

Personally I'd hate a reservation system as we're the opposite of planners. We do book fastpasses at 60 days out, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll visit the park we've reserved fastpasses for that day. We usually decide the day before or same day what we want to do, so having to reserve in advance would not really work for us.

Aww I envy that, I think I plan to death and maybe actually have a secret love of it, but oh the freedom to just change your mind the night before and switch park entirely, that sounds lush hahahaha! I think I need to be more relaxed about these things.

Aww I envy that, I think I plan to death and maybe actually have a secret love of it, but oh the freedom to just change your mind the night before and switch park entirely, that sounds lush hahahaha! I think I need to be more relaxed about these things.

I think it helps that I've been there several times already and I know that I'll keep going back, so I'm not scared of missing out. I usually don't have any problems getting fastpasses either.

I think it helps that I've been there several times already and I know that I'll keep going back, so I'm not scared of missing out. I usually don't have any problems getting fastpasses either.

UK packages are typically purchased a year in advance, in any case, far in advance..
imagine purchasing the package and airline tickets and then at 60 days out discovering that you can't get access to the parks?

our last WDW - UK package holiday cost us £20,000 just for the package, not including the plane tickets which were another £14,000.
so probably about £45,000 all in (for 6 adults and 3 toddlers).
how would i feel had i spent that much money and not had access to the parks all 22 days we were there?

(and from the above numbers, it becomes clear why we've since purchased into DVC.... :oops: )

Last edited:
Although the park reservation system may be in place for some time yet, I definitely think it'll be in place for the rest of the year, I doubt if it will be permanent. If they did that they would have to allow guests to make another reservation for the same day once you enter the park with the original reservation otherwise it'll be goodbye to the park hopper and less money for Disney. As for getting rid of FP+ permanently, also unlikely as it's a good way of controlling the flow of guests onto the tier one rides. Can you imagine the queues for FoP or SDR without FP+, people will be racing first thing in the morning to the top rides and that is going to be incredibly dangerous as no one listens to CMs asking guests not to run and it will also be disadvantageous to older guests, guests who are slower and it'll encourage queue jumping when families send the fastest person ahead and the rest of the family will join them when they catch up and how well do you think that is going to go down with guests who follow the rules. Dad gets in line then the rest of the group try and join in 10 minute later, there will be fistfights!
Not to mention the super large tour groups 😱

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!