Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

I feel its too early to start being negative with any changes... We are facing something we have never encountered in modern history...

My holiday was initially for 2019 then I had to move due to issues out of my control (Disney moved it free of charge)
Now 2020 I've canceled due to COVID 19... Am I upset not really as I don't want to travel and put kids at risk (Disney have refunded my deposit and also my tickets to MNSSHP)
Am I upset that 2021 isn't looking likely because I don't like the current restrictions... No

If your not happy don't go, get a refund and be happy your alive when many others have died from COVID 19 and all your concerned about is going on holiday

I feel its too early to start being negative with any changes... We are facing something we have never encountered in modern history...

My holiday was initially for 2019 then I had to move due to issues out of my control (Disney moved it free of charge)
Now 2020 I've canceled due to COVID 19... Am I upset not really as I don't want to travel and put kids at risk (Disney have refunded my deposit and also my tickets to MNSSHP)
Am I upset that 2021 isn't looking likely because I don't like the current restrictions... No

If your not happy don't go, get a refund and be happy your alive when many others have died from COVID 19 and all your concerned about is going on holiday

How did you do this? are you in the UK? Because when I tried to cancel they insisted it would be at cancellation charge, so lose of deposit and recommended I awaited further details from Disney via emails about potentially moving my booking or not losing out on monies paid. They flat out refused to amend saying they were 'not allowed' to make amendments at this time. I essentially waited for over three hours to be told there was nothing they could do. Disney Cruise have been much more helpful but it's hard to move that without knowing whats happening with my WDW plans.

How did you do this? are you in the UK? Because when I tried to cancel they insisted it would be at cancellation charge, so lose of deposit and recommended I awaited further details from Disney via emails about potentially moving my booking or not losing out on monies paid. They flat out refused to amend saying they were 'not allowed' to make amendments at this time. I essentially waited for over three hours to be told there was nothing they could do. Disney Cruise have been much more helpful but it's hard to move that without knowing whats happening with my WDW plans.

Yeah, I'm based in the UK... Really weird people are having issues when I had great service 😢

I initially tried to cancel my booking over the phone and was told to email them, I emailed them and got an email back telling me to phone them. I decided to hang on to this reservation a bit longer for the moment as I actually do want to go for my September reservation.
Disney are usually pretty good at changing things as the September trip was originally for last month and when I modified it last year I had no problems, but, they did charge me a £50 admin fee, but, because of the price difference I ended up getting 16 days in Sept for the price of 14 in May. When I called last week I was told I would have to pay £50 admin for this cancellation. It's the luck of the draw as to which CM you get, some are great and flexible, some are rigid.

this thread is for people to share their concerns about what disney is doing or not doing.
If what we say bothers you so much you can skip the thread.
There's no need to insult us.
No one here has done anything wrong.
Yes, we're aware people have died (one of them being my sister).
It doesn't make us terrible people to be upset or worried about something disney has done, is doing, or might do in the future and how it affects us.

this thread is for people to share their concerns about what disney is doing or not doing.
It doesn't make us terrible people to be upset or worried about something disney has done, is doing, or might do in the future and how it affects us.
Well said

Well said and I’m very sorry that your sister died

You deserve a nice holiday more than ever

Anyone with a stay booked with a check in date up to August 30th can cancel and get a full refund, no admin charges.

From September 1st you can still cancel, but it costs £50pp.

First off sorry to hear about your sister

I didn't mean to insult anyone but i find it an extremely easy decision to make... If you are not happy with the changes don't go, its the decision i made and i'm happy with the service i received from Disney. I don't feel Disney is to blame they are simply trying to adapt as fast as possible to ride this situation out without causing lasting damage to the company

I would have delayed until Summer 2021 but i didn't feel confident any of the 50th Anniversary celebrations would be ready... I might look at WDW back end of 2021 maybe for Xmas as never done a Disney Park at Xmas

I am refocusing on visiting the Asian parks now as they are 2-3 day park visits over a 2 or 3 week holiday to WDW so the changes there might be a little easier to stomach.

I'm just disappointed that Disney has upped the cost of going next year. My Pop reservation for 15 September 2020 £1968 for the room, the identical room reservation for the identical time next year is £2912. How can they justify a jump in price like that?

I'm twp, The dates I'm going include the 1st October, which is the 50th Anniversary of the opening of WDW. They'll have so many people booking to be there that day that they can charge that much. I'm happy to pass on being there on that actual day.

Last edited:

I didn't mean to insult anyone but i find it an extremely easy decision to make... If you are not happy with the changes don't go, its the decision i made and i'm happy with the service i received from Disney. I don't feel Disney is to blame they are simply trying to adapt as fast as possible to ride this situation out without causing lasting damage to the company

I would have delayed until Summer 2021 but i didn't feel confident any of the 50th Anniversary celebrations would be ready... I might look at WDW back end of 2021 maybe for Xmas as never done a Disney Park at Xmas

I am refocusing on visiting the Asian parks now as they are 2-3 day park visits over a 2 or 3 week holiday to WDW so the changes there might be a little easier to stomach.
It’s a perfectly valid view. It’s also the reality of life that what can you do. However it doesn’t feel fair to have the terms of a contract financially changed. Removing the dining plan is in reality pretty inevitable, they just do not have enough tables. But they should have offered to take the price of the plan off a booking, whether that be going at original time or for a years delay. Those that say why would they do that, well they should to protect their brand image.

Prices seem pretty similar for when I booked last July... however there are no offers atm. They don’t want people booking as they don’t know what 2021 looks like yet. Once that becomes clearer with how the parks look like, iinternational travel and possible vaccine or whatever then they will start to put offers and entice us to go holiday there next year.

It’s a perfectly valid view. It’s also the reality of life that what can you do. However it doesn’t feel fair to have the terms of a contract financially changed. Removing the dining plan is in reality pretty inevitable, they just do not have enough tables. But they should have offered to take the price of the plan off a booking, whether that be going at original time or for a years delay. Those that say why would they do that, well they should to protect their brand image.

I totally get that, I always booked when free dining comes up to take advantage of an amazing deal. As a family we love the table service restaurants so it saves us some serious cash

I just hope I’m in the position to afford it next year or 2022. I own a bar and it’s not looking great for us at moment, landlord isn’t willing to cut us a break even though we have essentially been forced to close but they still want the rent 😢

my concern isn't about what they're doing now due to corona, but what they might do in the future (post corona).
To say to us, "If you are not happy with the changes don't go" is simplistic and insulting.
We want to go, but we'd like the conditions to be conducive to an enjoyable holiday.
Having to reserve access to the parks each day would be less than ideal for those of us coming from overseas (again, i'm talking POST-CORONA).

the point of discussing it in a thread is in the hope that our particular issues will come to the attention of disney.
Disney actually does sometimes read social media comments, complaints and concerns.
UK and other overseas visitors have different needs than domestic visitors.
It would be great if we can possibly cause them to take those needs into consideration before making the reservation system permanent.

Last edited:
Just read UK site. They say they will be amending the price of packages that had free dining. Whether that means by the full cash price remains to be seen.

Also says they will allow you to move your booking, whether this means you can move the reduced price booking to a year later is quite another question.
Can you share the link please? I can’t find this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter