Why is nobody talking about...

I think when we get the filed documents for Poly tower, we will have more info on whether this is something they plan to shift to now, if it was just for the cs in, or if maybe its for the future.

if Poly tower has nothing to do with the trust, then I do think it leads to being more for CFW, then a shift in strategy right now.
Not necessarily. If they have decided to add the Poly tower to the old association, the the Trust decision could just be delayed until the next property.
Which could be Reflection. And if that is added to the Cabins it still doesn't prove anything for the future, because maybe it's just how the cabins were planned from the start (as part of Reflection). We might be in for speculations threads about the Trust for the new 5-8 years. :sad:

Not necessarily. If they have decided to add the Poly tower to the old association, the the Trust decision could just be delayed until the next property.
Which could be Reflection. And if that is added to the Cabins it still doesn't prove anything for the future, because maybe it's just how the cabins were planned from the start (as part of Reflection). We might be in for speculations threads about the Trust for the new 5-8 years. :sad:

I should have been clearer…once we have have that decison,..especially if the do something related to the trust….it leads credence it’s not a one and done

If it’s PVB, then we know this may be for future or CFW only…

Just saying that this is the next project that could give insight.

I can't find any deeds recorded yet for the cabins. I would have thought there would have been some by now.
Quick update.

I see deeds dated 1/31 are starting to show up today on occompt web site. Based on that, either later today or tomorrow, we should see the first Deeds for Cabins at Fort Wilderness showing up.

Does Disney need to file the CFW sales (not sure if they will still be Deeds or another document type) with the county?

Asking because occompt website is showing Deeds for Riviera with a 2/1 and 2/2 date, but there are none for Fort Wilderness. I expect CFW sales to be slow, but no deeds so far surprised me. I realize Deeds signed can be delayed for numerous circumstances (credit card payments over a few months, etc).

Still, I thought there would at least be 1 at this point.

The emails said they would be deeded. I don't see how DVC gets around that one. You're right. Still nothing there as of 5 minutes ago unless they're filed under something other than DVC Inc as they always have been.

There's a lot of 'Palmetto' in there but nothing with the word 'trust' involved is getting any hits either FWIW.

The emails said they would be deeded. I don't see how DVC gets around that one. You're right. Still nothing there as of 5 minutes ago unless they're filed under something other than DVC Inc as they always have been.

Since its not deeded to real property but to a vacation trust use plan, maybe it doesn’t go to the site?

We know some have bought…a guide this week confirmed that sales have happened…but did say they are expecting it to be more popular with new owners…which I inferred to mean they have not been brisk.

My guess is if we don’t see anything by end of February, then it definitely won’t be recorded

Since its not deeded to real property but to a vacation trust use plan, maybe it doesn’t go to the site?

We know some have bought…a guide this week confirmed that sales have happened…but did say they are expecting it to be more popular with new owners…which I inferred to mean they have not been brisk.

My guess is if we don’t see anything by end of February, then it definitely won’t be recorded

Well, if anybody makes that sort of financial investment/commitment without there being a legal recording of the transaction somewhere... I won't even go there.

There aren't any mortgages showing up either, and I'm quite certain they will be recorded.

Well, if anybody makes that sort of financial investment/commitment without there being a legal recording of the transaction somewhere... I won't even go there.

There aren't any mortgages showing up either, and I'm quite certain they will be recorded.

Maybe it just won’t show up in the same way through that site?

But, we don’t know yet if financing will be a mortgage or not. Hopefully we will see in a few weeks at the most.

Maybe it just won’t show up in the same way through that site?

But, we don’t know yet if financing will be a mortgage or not. Hopefully we will see in a few weeks at the most.
The occompt website allows a person to enter data for a number of fields. Typically, you can enter Disney for either party field and it will find documents where they are the grantee or the grantor. Over the years, I have found a tiny percentage where the person manually entering this data for the county has a typo…example Disnee instead of Disney.
Nothing for the new association with Disney matching any part of either party yet.
I believe @WilsonFlyer is indicating he entered Palmetto and couldn’t find anything for the new association sales or mortgages.

Note: with new associations the county tends to make more mistakes, but we should have seen something by now.

I wonder if Disney is holding the records back for some reason. They may have all of these documents stored with the new trust. New trust policy may be slow or they could even have a policy of only sending their records to county at the end of the month. If this is the case, I would consider the trust as being less staffed and poorly organized. After all, we have decades of Disney non trust performing this work better.

Last edited:
They are finally showing up as recorded deeds as of today. Deeded interest in the Palmetto Trust with no direct reference to any particular unit interest. Points, expirations and dates are listed in the deeds, of course.

Looked at 8 deeds. Three are for 50 points each, one for 75, two for 100, one for 150, and one for 160. In essence, DVD is selling as low as 50-points, and only two of the eight have enough points to use the membership extras.

There is no mention of a unit because under the trust created, the cabins were not even transferred to the trustee, which appears to be required under the trust provisions applicable to create a valid Timeshare Estate but has not been done. Instead the cabins are just something the association (and thus DVCM and BVTC) control reservations for, and as a member of the association the purchaser can use the points to reserve the cabins.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter