Why not a Monsters Inc. attraction?

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
With all of the hoopla surrounding Alien Encounter's departure for Stitchapalooza or whatever . . . if WDW is planning to create a new attraction with Stitch, why not plan one based on Monsters Inc. Not necessarily in that same location, but somewhere. I've always thought that the scene where Mike & Sully are chasing Randall on the flying doors would make for some kind of great ride! Any opinions?

We were lucky enough to be at WDW during the week that Monster Inc opened, my son was Sully for MNSSHP to boot. When we got home we were wondering if Disney would ever make a ride that would pay homage to that very scene! I sure hope they do and I hope that its not "just" a simulator!

I agree with you on that scene in the movie, though I might prefer it as a 3D movie rather than actually doing it!

Anything involving Pixar characters is obviously on hold until the Disney-Pixar distribution contract is renewed, or not. I don't know if the theme parks rights are an issue in the negotiations, but if Disney has to give up a lot of money, as they almost certainly will, perhaps they can get theme park rights in the contract. It costs Pixar almost nothing, and it is of some value to Disney.

Interestingly enough, there was an engineering contest (I think it was international between the states and Canada,) and I believe University of Waterloo engineers created a concept and model of a disney ride for Monsters inc. It involved training "cadets" to be full fledge monsters. They won in canada, and last I heard, disney imagineers flew the team out to California. This was some time ago, maybe last spring. I remember reading about it in the paper (UofW) local University.
Thought you might be interested....

Rileygirl

Great idea! Monsters, Inc. is one of my favorite Disney movies, and I just love that little "Boo". Maybe they could do a show and if they didn't have a "Boo", they could choose little girls from the audience to play "Boo" in different scenes.

Everytime we watch Monsters INC and the door chasing scene comes on, DH will always say "Now, that would be a cool ride!" So funny to see others had the same reaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter