Why only 7 days FP+ for AP's?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Why does WDW restrict AP holds to only 7 days of FP+? At 30 days there isn't much reason not to allow them the same number of days as the largest ticket pass sold. I don't see why it shouldn't be 10 days. It causes problems that they are unable to book FP+ even when staying on site as well.

We always stay on site, so it has never been a problem for us, but I have been reading of people unable to book legitimate FP+ because of this restriction.

If WDW is so worried about being 'FAIR' and 'fixing' the inequities in the system, shouldn't they look at the negative impact of this on their most loyal customers?

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Only WDW can answer that question. My guess would be that a lot of AP holders are regular guests and/or locals, so they don't want them "hogging" all the FP+ and not leaving any for people who travel long distances and make it a "once in a lifetime" trip.

We have been AP holder and stay offsite, so we're very much bound by that 7 day limit. It's never posed a problem for us at all. I'm fine with it the way it is.

I was able to book for length of my onsite stay (9 nights) I would expect it would be the same unless they changed it in the recent FP+ "overhaul"

AFAIK, nothing has changed in the recent 'overhaul'.

Plus, It continues to be all fine with onsite bookings. That is, unless you have an offsite stay in close proximity to your on site stay or some other unusual FP+ such as CL FP+ booked. Apparently, certain types of scenarios can trigger the 7 day rule and prevent booking more FP+, despite being entitled to them by staying on site.

I was just wondering why have the 7 day rule in the first place. I have an AP but live in Canada. we like to visit multiple times per year, so it makes sense for us. However, If I were to fly to Florida and stay offsite, I would only be able to book 7 days FP+. It feels like I am being punished for having an AP rather than a 10 day pass. One would think that I would be allowed at 30 days to book as many days as my friend with a 10 day ticket.

If locals want to book a lot of FP+ they can, but isn't that part of what would normally be expected with an AP? They can only book at 30 days, just like anyone else? If you have that amount of access, I doubt that you are booking FP+ when you aren't going to WDW.
BUT...if it IS Florida residents booking up all the FP+ that is the problem, then attach the 7 day rule to just the FL resident AP, which is significantly less expensive than the AP that non residents purchase.

Like I said, it hasn't affected me personally, as we have always stayed on site. However, it doesn't strike me as 'FAIR'.

Somehow, I'm not seeing the issue? I don't see any benefit to Disney either?

I'm just curious, I guess.

I was just reminded of these rules while setting FPs for an upcoming offsite stay. I'm travelling with a party where everyone holds an 8-day park hopper and I have an AP (for discounts, parking, etc). I reached our last day of FP reservations and sure enough, I could not add myself to the party. We're from Michigan so it's not like I'll be flooding the system with reservations. Instead I'll be trying to grab matching FPs after the first day of our trip. I get the rationale but it seems like it could be handled differently.

Won't the reservation system allow an entire party to book FPs at 60+ days if just one member of the planning party is on-site? Seems like if that's allowed, they could make the system more flexible for people in my situation. Not the end of the world but just another little caveat to manage while planning a WDW vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter