Why Price Per Point Fluctuates

Hi DVC Family!

I just submitted an offer and am now waiting on the ROFR for BLT...again.

The first contract got taken back at $130 pp. This current is $145 pp so I am much more confident that this one will go through just fine.

On the ROFR thread it appears (for the most part) that Disney is taking back anything under $140 pp. Above that seems safe and is passing just fine. Now keep in mind that this is all for BLT in 2019. In 2017 this was not the case.

In 2017 BLT was passing the ROFR at $100 pp +!!! That was over two years ago and now the price pp has increase by $40 pp + even though there's two years less on the life of this resort. Don't get me wrong, It's always good to see your investment go up BUT can someone explain why the price increases on contracts when the life of the contracts go down?

Should I have waited until the price pp dropped again?
Lets assume that you wanted to stay at a monorail resort (not a value or moderate) for 10 nights at WDW. What will you pay in CASH per night for a family of 4 these days? Perhaps 20 years ago it was a different story, but if you look up what it costs in cash (-and don't forget what it costs in additional taxes which are quite high) if you wanted to stay at the Contemporary for example in 2019-2020 for 10 nights it becomes obvious what advantage to either renting or owning DVC points gives a person after just a few trips to WDW. Numbers are numbers, at least that's how I got involved in DVC.

Lets assume that you wanted to stay at a monorail resort (not a value or moderate) for 10 nights at WDW. What will you pay in CASH per night for a family of 4 these days? Perhaps 20 years ago it was a different story, but if you look up what it costs in cash (-and don't forget what it costs in additional taxes which are quite high) if you wanted to stay at the Contemporary for example in 2019-2020 for 10 nights it becomes obvious what advantage to either renting or owning DVC points gives a person after just a few trips to WDW. Numbers are numbers, at least that's how I got involved in DVC.
Ps. Here's a thread on what room costs were back in the earlier days of WDW... It is hard to believe when you see what they go for today:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-resorts-in-1971-what-did-they-cost.2149578/page-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter