Wild Africa Trek -- "no times available" after December 2019

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
Anyone else been keeping an eye on the Wild Africa Trek availability? On its page on the WDW site the dates through early February (i.e. everything 180 days out or less) are clickable, but instead of listing times it says "no times available" for all the dates in January and February. Multiple times are listed for any day I've checked up through the end of December.

Is this normal for tours--have other tours had empty calendar days that later get populated? Should I just call and ask about availability for my trip in late January, or is that a waste of my time when the website has already told me it's not available? Is Wild Africa Trek not offered in that part of winter and I just hadn't heard about it?

I'd decided on the tour last month and was ready to book as soon as the times popped up, but now I'm wondering if I should recalibrate and assume it's just not happening on this trip.

I don't know if they've changed it since we did the WAT, but you couldn't book it on line then, you had to call so maybe it's not really properly linked in terms of availability. So I'd give them a call and see. I had to book all of my last 2-3 tours by phone.

I don't know if they've changed it since we did the WAT, but you couldn't book it on line then, you had to call so maybe it's not really properly linked in terms of availability. So I'd give them a call and see. I had to book all of my last 2-3 tours by phone.
You do have to call to reserve it, but up through December they have times listed--I've been assuming that if it's available they'll have the times posted so one knows what's available before getting on the phone. I think I'll just have to call, yeah, and ask if it's available but just not listed or what's going on. Even if I get confirmation that I won't be able to reserve it, at least that would be info I can use for planning.

Update (in case anyone else is in the same boat): I finally got around to calling and it was no trouble at all to book it for my first choice date in January--it's unlisted on the site but definitely available! What's more, there's a 15% midday discount for Disney Visa. Sounded like there was an AP discount, too, but since I don't have an AP I didn't ask how much it was.

Update (in case anyone else is in the same boat): I finally got around to calling and it was no trouble at all to book it for my first choice date in January--it's unlisted on the site but definitely available! What's more, there's a 15% midday discount for Disney Visa. Sounded like there was an AP discount, too, but since I don't have an AP I didn't ask how much it was.
Thank You! Geez... I've been in the same boat as you, looking for dates in March and was worried that WAT was on the chopping block! Thank you for posting a follow-up after your call. I will be booking ASAP!

What was the earliest time they offered for the Disney Visa discount? We will be booking this but I’m not sure being out there in June at 2:30pm is worth $200-$300 savings for our group vs 10am ish while it’s not as hot.

What was the earliest time they offered for the Disney Visa discount? We will be booking this but I’m not sure being out there in June at 2:30pm is worth $200-$300 savings for our group vs 10am ish while it’s not as hot.
The CM on the phone didn't give me a run-down of all the available times; she just asked what general time of day I wanted and then offered a time slot. My tour starts at 11:45, so it'll be wrapping up around the hottest part of the day--not a problem in January, but maybe not the best in June. Not sure if there were any discounted before 11:45, but it's worth asking about the available discounts when you call just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!