Wild Animal Park: Any recent visits?

The tram vehicle they have now is similar to the one used for the guided Universal Studios Tour... they would stop once in a while for you to stand & take pictures but still without leaving the vehicle... I didn't happen to take pics of the actual tram tho' (too bad)... We went twice to rest our feet... I don't see why they wouldn't just include this ride with the park entrance fee as a given tho'... Overall, we enjoyed it, but we'll try SD Zoo next time too.

Are you able to get fairly close to the animals...in particular the cheetah's? My daughter is a cheetah freak lol. Her whole room is painted with cheetah's etc...

We are going in middle June and I'm trying to figure out if the Wild Animal Park or the Zoo would be better.

This may be off the subject, but are there any package deals..like for a motel and the 3 for 1 pass all together that anyone has found?

Thank you!
Kathy

I already bought our 3-1 tickets for the WAM, Zoo and Seaworld. Will our ticket include the tram tour or will this be an extra charge?

Are you able to get fairly close to the animals...in particular the cheetah's? My daughter is a cheetah freak lol. Her whole room is painted with cheetah's etc...

The cheetah enclosure is a large, fenced space off the Kilimanjaro trail. You can walk right up to the fence but if it's hot usually the cheetahs are snoozing in the shade. I have never seen one running.

I already bought our 3-1 tickets for the WAM, Zoo and Seaworld. Will our ticket include the tram tour or will this be an extra charge?

When we were there last month, we had the 3 for 1 tix, and it included unlimited safari tours and carousel rides. I loved the WAP and thought it was amazing. We were fortunate enough to be there the day a giraffe was born, and we got to see a THREE HOUR OLD giraffe!!! It was a highlight! The SD Zoo is equally amazing, but in a more zoo-like way.

We bought the best value ticket which includes unlimited carousel and safari tram ride, the general ticket doesn't include them... I didn't know about the 3-1 tix though, wish I knew bout those!
We also saw a baby giraffe, and some baby gazelles... On the tram tour we were only able to see the Cheetahs from a distance unfortunately... It was a very laid out park, so we might've missed that opportunity to walk up to a Cheetah enclosure...

Just got back from a trip which included the Wild Animal Park, had never been there before. The tickets were part of our Southern California City Pass booklet, otherwise I feel the $30+ entrance fee is rather expensive for what you see - though all of it goes towards the park. Like someone said earlier, if you like animals you'll probably like it, otherwise you may want to skip it.

It's not awful, but probably a one time thing. For sure get there early so you can see everything, they close early. And yes, there's a free Safari ride, and a more intimate one that you pay for. The free one is fine, but be sure to try to get seating on the left side of the tram, that's where most of the action takes place.

Our backpacks weren't checked if you'd like to bring in snacks and drinks. And be prepared to do a lot of walking, especially if you do the tram ride, the walk there is quite a trek even if you use the elevator.

Just got back from a trip which included the Wild Animal Park, had never been there before. The tickets were part of our Southern California City Pass booklet, otherwise I feel the $30+ entrance fee is rather expensive for what you see - though all of it goes towards the park. Like someone said earlier, if you like animals you'll probably like it, otherwise you may want to skip it.

It's not awful, but probably a one time thing. For sure get there early so you can see everything, they close early. And yes, there's a free Safari ride, and a more intimate one that you pay for. The free one is fine, but be sure to try to get seating on the left side of the tram, that's where most of the action takes place.

Our backpacks weren't checked if you'd like to bring in snacks and drinks. And be prepared to do a lot of walking, especially if you do the tram ride, the walk there is quite a trek even if you use the elevator.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to the WAP or any zoo if they didn't like animals. :confused3

FWIW, I go to the WAP at least once every couple of months, weather permitting. I think it's a really fun way to spend a day.

We are going in middle June and I'm trying to figure out if the Wild Animal Park or the Zoo would be better.

This may be off the subject, but are there any package deals..like for a motel and the 3 for 1 pass all together that anyone has found?

Thank you!
Kathy

If you want to get really close to the Cheetah's, I suggest the Cheetah Run. It is an extra cost, but amazing for those who enjoy Cheetahs and the speed at which they can run.

I also highly recommend the Jeep tour. You will have the opportunity to feed giraffes and get very close to the animals. I have done this tour 4 times and can't get enough! Get an early time slot before the heat sets in for the most active animals.

I love the Wild Animal Park and all it has to offer. Be sure to take in the bird show and really take the time to explore all areas of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter