WILD animals at WDW

NewRVLady

Registered
And NOT those supposed to be there

WE have seen wild rabbit at bar b Q place at Animal Kingdom

Wild deer on bike path between WL and Fort Wilderness

Anyone else

Saw an armidilo at All StarMovies many years ago. Also had a frog I n my room at the old disney institue hotel (don't know what it is now). And plenty of little lizards all around.

Plenty of what I assume are geckos just about everywhere. Rabbits. We've seen alligators several times in the waterways of several resorts and MK. Snakes of several kinds. All sorts of birds, of course. Deer. I've never seen a live armadillo, but have seen their remains along the side of the roads. Rats.

And NOT those supposed to be there

WE have seen wild rabbit at bar b Q place at Animal Kingdom

Wild deer on bike path between WL and Fort Wilderness

Anyone else

We had a rabbit cross the exit path of the resort monorail at the TTC.

And while we didn't see it, a CM was guarding the area by the boardwalk pathway in Frontierland because there was an elusive alligator. They had to make especially sure that guests didn't try to feed it while they were working on its capture.

Fort wilderness has plenty of critters including Armadillo.

Marsh Rabbit and Eastern Cottontail Rabbits at various resorts.
Opossum, White-tailed Deer and Armadillos on the nature path between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, especially in the late evening.
Oak Toad once at Pop Century
Brown Anole everywhere ( a non-native lizard introduced from Cuba and the Bahamas)
Green Anole – native to Florida
Florida Softshell Turtles in the ponds at Pop Century and elsewhere
Ring-necked Snake in Blizzard Beach
Corn Snake at the Treehouse Villas
Broad Headed Skink being eaten by a Great Egret at Animal Kingdom
And many species of wild birds

Native animals are always welcome at Disney World as it is considered a wildlife preserve. We have seen bunnies, snails, lizards, Ibises (those white birds a PP talked about earlier), ducks, one armadillo, and a couple of turkeys. Oh, and three deer while we were on the monorail. And the turtle story. My husband will stop for turtles in the road if it's safe for humans. We once were turning into the Hess station near the Boardwalk and there was a turtle crossing the entrance. We swerved and I knew who was going to pump the gas since my husband made a beeline (no pun intended) back to the turtle to make sure the other drivers also swerved and the turtle found his/her way to the grass.

My husband says that if there is an afterlife, he wants to be a Disney bird.

I saw a snake in the que when I worked at Flights of Wonder at AK. I saw an alligator in the lake at Coronado Springs. I once saw a squirrel at Epcot chewing through the backpack left on a stroller outside the Land Pavilion. We almost got attached by various kinds of birds at Flametree BBQ. That was so bad my husband refuses to eat there now.

After AK closed we were in the pakring lot and there lots of large birds, grey..maybe egrets? Not sure but they were very big. The thing is they were all missing a foot or leg, and they were kind of stalking us! We joked that disney sends the defective animals off property and they must beg in the parking lot for food. They chased my one year old so while we were not scared we got in the car quickly.

I saw a turkey in the parking lot of Coronado Springs every morning. I also saw a lot of bunnies at CSR and saved a turtle once from getting hit by a bus as it tried to cross the road in the Epcot parking lot.

We have seen rabbits, deer and alligators but our favorite sighting was a bald eagle at Pop. We saw it several mornings flying around. It also liked sitting on top of one of the bowling pins.

Last time at POR we had either an otter or a beaver--didn't get a close look-- in the Sasagoula outside our room. Same trip saw a small gator somewhere along the river. And I love the little lizards everywhere.

Pretty ordinary animal but extraordinary experience - my son got bit by a squirrel near Splash Mountain! The bad mom in me thought it was really funny (but just because he was okay).

Ducks at the Grand Floridian were so aggressive we had to stand on chairs to get away from them.

A very large alligator in front of BC in the waterway.

And we all jumped a mile this summer when a small black cat walked out of the bushes at TL between our beach chairs.

A snake heading right down the path towards me at Ft Wilderness...very embarrassing :o I had to cross the road because he refused to yield.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter