Wilderness Lodge or French Quarter?

I haven't even stayed at WL yet and that would be the one I rec. POFQ was a one and done for me, the whole time I was there I was wishing I stayed somewhere else.

The problem with this is you are assuming POFQ is rack rate with no discounts. Usually Disney offers some sort of discount. The summer promo has 25% off at FQ if between the offer dates, but there are other times where discount may be less too. So really depends what offers are out there at the time to fully compare the price.

Yeah, with discounts mostly non existent for the past few years it's hard to remember they are even offering some now.

Also, the bang for the buck with renting DVC is not as great when comparing with a Moderate.

We have 6 nites with rented points at AKL in June for $1,785. With the 30% Summer Promo, it's $3,084.

Last edited:
POFQ was a one and done for me, the whole time I was there I was wishing I stayed somewhere else.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. So many people rave about POFQ and the time I stayed there all I could think was "WHY????" Granted it probably didn't help that they stuck me in what was literally the furthest room from the front (the last building, back corner, top floor). But I don't get the fascination. (With POR either. I guess I'm just a girl raised in the south who doesn't get the deep south love.)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. So many people rave about POFQ and the time I stayed there all I could think was "WHY????" Granted it probably didn't help that they stuck me in what was literally the furthest room from the front (the last building, back corner, top floor). But I don't get the fascination. (With POR either. I guess I'm just a girl raised in the south who doesn't get the deep south love.)

It's funny....we have similar reasoning for not staying at WL. Although I was born and raised in SC, I have lived in WI since 1992. We have visited the Wilderness Resort in WI Dells many times so going to WDW and staying at WL holds no appeal to us as it feels like we are still at home. I prefer to feel transported to somewhere not woodsy/log cabinish on vacation outside of WI. I can understand the appeal of WL, especially to people who don't live in the upper midwest, but for us it's a hard no.

It's funny....we have similar reasoning for not staying at WL. Although I was born and raised in SC, I have lived in WI since 1992. We have visited the Wilderness Resort in WI Dells many times so going to WDW and staying at WL holds no appeal to us as it feels like we are still at home. I prefer to feel transported to somewhere not woodsy/log cabinish on vacation outside of WI. I can understand the appeal of WL, especially to people who don't live in the upper midwest, but for us it's a hard no.
Yeah. I'm not the biggest woodsy person either - so WL is not my first choice, but between a mod and a deluxe, I'd do the deluxe for the extra evening hours.

I don’t get it either, as a northerner. Everything people rave about at POFQ I found mid at best when I stayed there, including the beignets. It was nice looking but a bit bland to me, and the small size people cite as a positive just made it feel claustrophobic to me. Having access to Disney Springs for food wasn’t just a nice perk, it was a necessity considering the limited and mediocre on site option, and the boat suffers from the same issue as the Skyliner in the summer (I stayed in August). Even the bus service sucked bc we were constantly sharing with POR. After two days of frustration I just started taking Lyfts. I also found out on that trip that I really detest the motel setup with the outdoor hallways. About the only thing I enjoyed was the live music. That was cool. But I can get that elsewhere.

(POR’s theming badly wigs me out but it’s best I don’t talk about why LOL.)

WL theming doesn’t appeal to me all that much but I’m always going to prefer a resort near MK over anything else for practical reason, and EEH wins for me every time.

I don’t get it either, as a northerner. Everything people rave about at POFQ I found mid at best when I stayed there, including the beignets. It was nice looking but a bit bland to me, and the small size people cite as a positive just made it feel claustrophobic to me. Having access to Disney Springs for food wasn’t just a nice perk, it was a necessity considering the limited and mediocre on site option, and the boat suffers from the same issue as the Skyliner in the summer (I stayed in August). Even the bus service sucked bc we were constantly sharing with POR. After two days of frustration I just started taking Lyfts. I also found out on that trip that I really detest the motel setup with the outdoor hallways. About the only thing I enjoyed was the live music. That was cool. But I can get that elsewhere.

(POR’s theming badly wigs me out but it’s best I don’t talk about why LOL.)

WL theming doesn’t appeal to me all that much but I’m always going to prefer a resort near MK over anything else for practical reason, and EEH wins for me every time.
If the beignets were mediocore, the recipe was bad because real beignets are delicious!

My vote will be WL. Also, did you know that you can ask to add CL to your stay for (latest know price) $149 per night extra? Not guaranteed but an option.

I stayed at POFQ in March and it felt off to me this time. I did notice that the AC was noisy.

One day, the housekeeper next door must have had on a soap opera with terrible yelling (in another language that I knew some of the words, haha) Woke me from a nap, it was so loud. I thought police had to be called until I peeked my head out and asked her if she was watching tv. She was, crisis averted.

Also there was a vague weird smell around the resort during our stay that did bother me. Not sure what's going on.

imo the strongest point is that it's compact. I always ask for building 3 or 4 and get it. The other mods are very spread out.

Just back from AS and I'm feeling the same as a previous poster. Either deluxe or value, depending on what I'm looking for that particular trip. Price will be a big factor as well. I'm not paying $600 for a standard deluxe room. Just no.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter