Will $120 cover 4 adults and 1 child at Sci Fi Dine In?

Moana of Motunui

Mouseketeer
So long story short, we were comped $120 dining gift card from Disney because of a bad meal/experience at 50's Primetime Cafe. I wrote the complaint to Disney but my uncle paid for dinner (I have the gift card because he loses things all the time).

That being said, Sci Fi Dine In is the only restaurant we can agree on. The other is Ohana breakfast which will not cover it

Thoughts or suggestions for another table service that would fit our situation?

Thanks!

Look at the menu, add up what you would order, add tip and 6.5% tax. Nobody here can randomly guess how/what you would order and whether or not $120 is enough. It probably isn't.

Also not sure what "situation" you refer to and what recommendations you are looking for if you can only agree on two restaurants.

Look at the menu, add up what you would order, add tip and 6.5% tax. Nobody here can randomly guess how/what you would order and whether or not $120 is enough. It probably isn't.

Also not sure what "situation" you refer to and what recommendations you are looking for if you can only agree on two restaurants.

Ok situation was a bad term to use. I'm looking for suggestions on restaurants that could possibly cover up to $120 for dinner. If we don't agree on another one, we'll use it to pay for quick service food.

Agreed, really the only way you can know this is to add up what you'd order from the menu online.

No it can be anywhere. They like eating in parks so as long as it's in the park anywhere will be fine.

If you think you can stick to the $10-$12 for the child's meal and then $20 per adult (will get you a sandwich or burger and perhaps a soda), Sci-Fi is really fun. I would say in terms of food+atmosphere, it's one of the more fun, unique restaurants. There are other in-park TS that are within the same price range (Plaza and LTT lunch in MK for example), but none will compare to the atmosphere at Sci-Fi.

So, again, if you are ok with not ordering a three course meal or steak at Sci-Fi, you could make it work. Otherwise, you would get a bigger bang for your buck at QS where you would have an extra $18-$20 to spend because you won't have to tip.

You could share a large pizza at Via Napoli, perhaps order the family salad and a few beverages. Again, you would have to do the math but by sharing a big pizza (quattro formaggi is a crowd pleaser) I think you could have a table service meal in EPCOT.

So long story short, we were comped $120 dining gift card from Disney because of a bad meal/experience at 50's Primetime Cafe. I wrote the complaint to Disney but my uncle paid for dinner (I have the gift card because he loses things all the time).

That being said, Sci Fi Dine In is the only restaurant we can agree on. The other is Ohana breakfast which will not cover it

Thoughts or suggestions for another table service that would fit our situation?

Thanks!
With only $120 to spend, I would stick with counter service. I don't think it would be enough to cover 5 people's meals and drinks and the tip at Sci Fi.

Recently for 2 people with Tables in Wonderland we spent $50 (included dessert.) It may be tough but doable. As recommended, if you exceed the $120 you can pay the difference in cash or another card. Whichever you choose, enjoy!

I don't understand the issue here. If you go over $120, just pay the extra. If it's under $120, you can use the remaining money on another meal.

I was wondering the same thing. Disney will allow you to use an additional type of payment if your gift card doesn't cover the total.

You could share a large pizza at Via Napoli, perhaps order the family salad and a few beverages. Again, you would have to do the math but by sharing a big pizza (quattro formaggi is a crowd pleaser) I think you could have a table service meal in EPCOT.
I agree with this! You can share pizza at Via Napoli! And yes the quattro fromaggi is my fave. :)

The mezzo metro size pizza should be enough for 4 adults (there's about 16-18 slices in the mezzo metro)...the child can have the kids meal. And if you have big eaters, you can also add the salad bowl to your meal. BTW each mezzo pizza is about $45 give or take? Depends on which one you order. If you want to add a large to the mezzo metro to be safe, you can also do that.

Some people use sci FI as a quick service restaurant. Meaning since hs doesn't have any good quick service restaurants they go to sci FI and spend just a little more money than they would at quick service. You can spend a little or a lot at sci FI it's up to you.

Last edited:
People are recommending adding the family style salad at Via Napoli: I wouldn't do that. For 5 people, that's a $35 salad that's not that filling, and not that great. I'd get another pizza instead for about the same price.

Reactions: fbb
most of the entrees are under $20 here. Stay away from the pastas, ribs and steak and stick with a sandwich or salad and you can definitely stay under $20 per person. If someone wants one of those things you might have to kick in another $5 or $10.

I think it is doable if you don't do any appetizers, desserts or specialty drinks (like milkshakes). There are several options for $20 entrees. There are also some appetizers that are less than $20 that could easily be enough for many people as their meal.

People are recommending adding the family style salad at Via Napoli: I wouldn't do that. For 5 people, that's a $35 salad that's not that filling, and not that great. I'd get another pizza instead for about the same price.
Yes, good idea actually! This is the route i would take as well. Cant go wrong with more pizza! Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter