Will $120 cover 4 adults and 1 child at Sci Fi Dine In?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Moana of Motunui, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Moana of Motunui

Moana of Motunui Earning My Ears

So long story short, we were comped $120 dining gift card from Disney because of a bad meal/experience at 50's Primetime Cafe. I wrote the complaint to Disney but my uncle paid for dinner (I have the gift card because he loses things all the time).

That being said, Sci Fi Dine In is the only restaurant we can agree on. The other is Ohana breakfast which will not cover it

Thoughts or suggestions for another table service that would fit our situation?

Thanks!

2. ShellieMimi

ShellieMimi Mouseketeer

Look at the menu, add up what you would order, add tip and 6.5% tax. Nobody here can randomly guess how/what you would order and whether or not $120 is enough. It probably isn't.

Also not sure what "situation" you refer to and what recommendations you are looking for if you can only agree on two restaurants.

Hopefully likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Moana of Motunui

Ok situation was a bad term to use. I'm looking for suggestions on restaurants that could possibly cover up to $120 for dinner. If we don't agree on another one, we'll use it to pay for quick service food.

5. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

6. Moana of Motunui

No it can be anywhere. They like eating in parks so as long as it's in the park anywhere will be fine.

7. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 I miss my tags!

Agreed, really the only way you can know this is to add up what you'd order from the menu online.

8. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

I don't understand the issue here. If you go over $120, just pay the extra. If it's under $120, you can use the remaining money on another meal.

L&Lfan, tseitel, Shelbizzles and 2 others like this.
  9. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

If you think you can stick to the $10-$12 for the child's meal and then $20 per adult (will get you a sandwich or burger and perhaps a soda), Sci-Fi is really fun. I would say in terms of food+atmosphere, it's one of the more fun, unique restaurants. There are other in-park TS that are within the same price range (Plaza and LTT lunch in MK for example), but none will compare to the atmosphere at Sci-Fi.

So, again, if you are ok with not ordering a three course meal or steak at Sci-Fi, you could make it work. Otherwise, you would get a bigger bang for your buck at QS where you would have an extra $18-$20 to spend because you won't have to tip.

10. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

You could share a large pizza at Via Napoli, perhaps order the family salad and a few beverages. Again, you would have to do the math but by sharing a big pizza (quattro formaggi is a crowd pleaser) I think you could have a table service meal in EPCOT.

11. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

My 15 year old DD and her friend spent over $80.00 including tip....I'm still wondering on what they spent so much money...

Ddaba1 and AliceNDinah like this.
  12. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

With only $120 to spend, I would stick with counter service. I don't think it would be enough to cover 5 people's meals and drinks and the tip at Sci Fi.

Regan117, Cinderella94 and Hopefully like this.
  13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Recently for 2 people with Tables in Wonderland we spent $50 (included dessert.) It may be tough but doable. As recommended, if you exceed the $120 you can pay the difference in cash or another card. Whichever you choose, enjoy!

14. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

I was wondering the same thing. Disney will allow you to use an additional type of payment if your gift card doesn't cover the total.

15. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I agree with this! You can share pizza at Via Napoli! And yes the quattro fromaggi is my fave. :)

The mezzo metro size pizza should be enough for 4 adults (there's about 16-18 slices in the mezzo metro)...the child can have the kids meal. And if you have big eaters, you can also add the salad bowl to your meal. BTW each mezzo pizza is about $45 give or take? Depends on which one you order. If you want to add a large to the mezzo metro to be safe, you can also do that.

16. dclpluto

dclpluto DIS Veteran

Some people use sci FI as a quick service restaurant. Meaning since hs doesn't have any good quick service restaurants they go to sci FI and spend just a little more money than they would at quick service. You can spend a little or a lot at sci FI it's up to you.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  17. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

People are recommending adding the family style salad at Via Napoli: I wouldn't do that. For 5 people, that's a $35 salad that's not that filling, and not that great. I'd get another pizza instead for about the same price.

fbb likes this.
  18. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

We do this all the time. Take $50.00 GC and if we go over pay the rest with a credit card or cash.

DisneyHardin likes this.
  19. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

most of the entrees are under $20 here. Stay away from the pastas, ribs and steak and stick with a sandwich or salad and you can definitely stay under $20 per person. If someone wants one of those things you might have to kick in another $5 or $10.

vanellopevs likes this.
  20. GillianP1301

GillianP1301 DIS Veteran

I think it is doable if you don't do any appetizers, desserts or specialty drinks (like milkshakes). There are several options for $20 entrees. There are also some appetizers that are less than $20 that could easily be enough for many people as their meal.

21. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yes, good idea actually! This is the route i would take as well. Cant go wrong with more pizza! Lol.