Will a surprise trip show up in MDE?

Welsh_Dragon

Y Ddraig Goch
My DD is on my family and friends list on MDE and we are visiting together in September and July. It is her birthday in December and I am about to book a surprise Christmas trip to give her for her birthday. When I book it will it immediately appear in my MDE (and hers) and spoil the surprise? If so, is there anyway I can get around this?

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question .... just wanted to say what a lovely birthday present for your daughter :)
Thank you. I should have said that she is a young adult so likely to check her MDE. The danger of APs!😂 . I am ready to press the buttons to book the flights and hotel but I don’t know how to keep it a surprise, if it is going to pop up in MDE. Hmmm🤔. Maybe if I don’t link it? At least until after the September trip and then hope that she is too busy to check MDE before December?

It can get complicated--if she is in your family and friends list and you have her set up to see "all my plans" then yes--she will. If you have her set up to see "only shared plans" and she is listed on the reservation--then yes she will; if she is not on the reservation--she shouldn't. Since you have APs, you can't really create separate accounts. Maybe you should check your setting and make sure she can't see all your plans--then book a room just for you and add her to the reservation when you want to surprise her. I would suggest trying this first with a spouse/partner/sig other also listed on your family/friends list just to make sure it works. Hope this helps and if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me---good luck!

Don’t put her name on the hotel reservation to start with. FP won’t be an issue since she’ll know long before the 60 day mark and you can put her name on the reservation after you tell her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter