Will Fantasy Dry Dock Fix Aft Vibration Issues?

Following... I would really like to hear back from people going on the cruise right our of dry dock to see if they were able to fix the vibration issue.

We noticed vibrations in animators on the 3 night, but this was also the night of the mechanical issue. We did not notice vibrations when we dined in animators 2x on the 7 day following the 3 day. I won't comment on the vibrations n the rooms above, but those were my observations

We were in 8662 just off the aft elevators the last cruise before dry dock. The seas were a bit rough Sunday and Monday. The vibrations were terrible. The room vibrated constantly. While laying in bed at night, the entire bed vibrated. It was a very unpleasant feeling. The trip from St Thomas to Castaway cay had decent seas, but the vibration was still there. This was our 11th Disney cruise (2nd on Fantasy) and have never experienced this type of vibration on any other cruise. Had this same stateroom on Fantasy before and on Dream twice. It was to the point that
I would never book this stateroom again and will definitely stay away from the aft area that I loved before. I won't risk having to experience something so unpleasant again.

We were in 8662 just off the aft elevators the last cruise before dry dock. The seas were a bit rough Sunday and Monday. The vibrations were terrible. The room vibrated constantly. While laying in bed at night, the entire bed vibrated. It was a very unpleasant feeling. The trip from St Thomas to Castaway cay had decent seas, but the vibration was still there. This was our 11th Disney cruise (2nd on Fantasy) and have never experienced this type of vibration on any other cruise. Had this same stateroom on Fantasy before and on Dream twice. It was to the point that
I would never book this stateroom again and will definitely stay away from the aft area that I loved before. I won't risk having to experience something so unpleasant again.

That sounds awful -- I would hate that feeling while trying to sleep. Do they not experience this problem on the Dream also? Sounds like an engineering flaw when they built the Fantasy :confused3

I always noticed terrible movement/vibration on the classic ships when in Animator's Palate and always hated that restaurant for that reason. We had a mid-ship aft room on our Fantasy cruise and I didn't notice anything, but we were not all the way aft.

We were dec 7 aft. Rooms 7662 and 7664 June 3-10 and there was quite a bit of vibration in both rooms. I did not have an issue with the vibration but would not recommend it for anyone with problems with motion sickness.
I took a short video of a towel that was sitting on the bed shaking but file is too big so I will try to edit it and upload.

We were in room 7670 about 2 weeks after dry dock, I did notice some vibrations but not enough to bother any of us and I tend to get motion sickness. This was our first time on the fantasy so I don't know if it's better or worse than before, we did however book the same room for next year if that tells you anything:)

We stayed in 8188 the 2nd week after dry dock. 8188 is dead aft, and it was our 4th time staying in this cabin. We found the vibration no worse than any of our other cruises - pretty much the same as other times.

We stayed in 8188 the 2nd week after dry dock. 8188 is dead aft, and it was our 4th time staying in this cabin. We found the vibration no worse than any of our other cruises - pretty much the same as other times.
Cruises on the Fantasy, or cruises across all the other ships too?

We sailed end of June/July 2017 after dry dock for 3 weeks and the severe vibrations aft were still an issue. Some days were better than others though. Any recent updates on this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter