Will Fantasy Dry Dock Fix Aft Vibration Issues?

We sailed end of June/July 2017 after dry dock for 3 weeks and the severe vibrations aft were still an issue. Some days were better than others though. Any recent updates on this issue?
Did did a June 2017 cruise on the Fantasy. While the vibration was still there, I didn't find it as bad as it was on our first 2 Fantasy cruises in 2014.

It appears it's just something they can't "fix" entirely. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I used to think this Fantasy vibration issue was a load of bunk. We stayed in 9176 on Dream last year and had no vibration. Just sailed last month on Fantasy in 8188, and it was definitely there, but only when we were above 20 knots. Couldn't REALLY notice it until you were laying in bed, but it's absolutely there when you're sailing at faster speeds.

Don't mean to resurrect a thread this old, but we just got off the Fantasy (June 2 - 9 Cruise in stateroom 7610) and the problem is as bad as ever. But as mentioned, it only seems to happen above 20 knots. The first night we were sailing a peaceful 19.4 knots and there was zero vibration. The second day at sea we had a medical emergency and needed to offload a passenger in Puerto Rico so we sped up to 22 knots and I noticed it as soon as we sped up. I was trying to nap and it was impossible. It went away during our ports of call (weren't in a hurry to get to the next island since they were so close to each other). Then, on the way to Castaway we were at 21.4 knots and it was bad again for the 36 hours we were underway. I asked a few people who I had met on the cruise and they agreed it was pretty annoying. Once I could get to sleep I was fine, but getting to sleep was tough. Like trying to sleep in a motor home with tires out of balance driving down the road :). I had a jeep like this - was smooth as silk until I got above 60 mph and then it was all I could do to keep it on the road. It is the only "negative" I have about this ship or this trip. All in all it was an amazing cruise. Loved every minute of it.

Is this only lower floor, not for higher floors with veranda? I'm booking an extended veranda so think they are all aft

Is this only lower floor, not for higher floors with veranda? I'm booking an extended veranda so think they are all aft
Someone else with more ship knowledge than me can correct me if i am wrong, but the only staterooms with larger verandas are going to be the big ones which will be aft (and a lot more expensive). If you look at a ships diagram it will show the room size - and the size of the veranda. The rooms along the side of the ship all had the same veranda size. But the difference in price from our stateroom to a larger one on the same deck was over $3000.00.

The rooms along the side of the ship all had the same veranda size. But the difference in price from our stateroom to a larger one on the same deck was over $3000.00.

Deck 5's verandas along the side are positively massive compared to the rest of the starboard and port side verandas.

I booked Category 05E Extended Verandah, it' a Guarenteed room but will not know room # for a while. Told these rooms usually reserved for disabled and if not available I will get bump to higher category. Was only $200 more than a regular veranda room.

Key thing wanted to understand is if this vibration affects the upper aft cabins

Don't mean to resurrect a thread this old, but we just got off the Fantasy (June 2 - 9 Cruise in stateroom 7610) and the problem is as bad as ever. But as mentioned, it only seems to happen above 20 knots. The first night we were sailing a peaceful 19.4 knots and there was zero vibration. The second day at sea we had a medical emergency and needed to offload a passenger in Puerto Rico so we sped up to 22 knots and I noticed it as soon as we sped up. I was trying to nap and it was impossible. It went away during our ports of call (weren't in a hurry to get to the next island since they were so close to each other). Then, on the way to Castaway we were at 21.4 knots and it was bad again for the 36 hours we were underway. I asked a few people who I had met on the cruise and they agreed it was pretty annoying. Once I could get to sleep I was fine, but getting to sleep was tough. Like trying to sleep in a motor home with tires out of balance driving down the road :). I had a jeep like this - was smooth as silk until I got above 60 mph and then it was all I could do to keep it on the road. It is the only "negative" I have about this ship or this trip. All in all it was an amazing cruise. Loved every minute of it.
Sounds like it might not be a Fantasy issue. I imagine it's rare that the Dream has to exceed 20 knots on the short trips it takes. We were just on the Dream a couple weeks ago and had a far aft stateroom. Vibration was really bad when maneuvering for docking, but was otherwise ok. On the day we departed Castaway Cay however the captain announced that they were going to do some tests which requiring operating under full power and that there would be vibrations. Definitely felt it at that time as well.

We sailed in 5032 in October and just had 5030 and 5032 in May. Both cabins are forward with the extended verandah. No vibration whatsoever with these cabins.

I only felt vibrations on the last couple of days of our cruise. It got so bad that I could feel the vibrations while sitting in cabanas on deck 11. Only ever felt vibrations in the back of the fantasy.

I was on the May 26th Western Caribbean and have to say the vibration felt worse on this trip than on my prior Fantasy cruise in June 2015. We were on deck 7, midship for this cruise. On our prior cruise, we were deck 9, foward. On that first Fantasy cruise, the only time I noticed the vibration was when I was in the aft of the ship. It was most pronounced on the lower decks, e.g. the adult lounge area and MDRs. And I felt it the worst when the ship was going at top speed.

This last cruise, the vibration was bad even midship. I was laying in bed reading the first night and my head was banging against the headboard the vibration was so bad. I really thought the descriptions here were exaggerating, but they aren't. It was worse on the days when we were going faster.

It won't keep me from sailing on the Fantasy again, but there's absolutely no way I will ever book an aft room on the Fantasy.

We were aft, deck 5 and had horrible vibrations on the Fantasy. Felt like a jack hammer was under our cabin. I swore to never book aft on the Fantasy again. We will be on her again next year, mid-ship. If we have the same horrible vibrations, it will be our last trip on the Fantasy. We've been on the Magic and Wonder(twice) and never had such horrible vibrations. Last time we were on the Wonder we had a medical emergency. The Captain made an announcement that we would be going very fast to the nearest island, which was several hours away. Even then, the vibrations on the Wonder were way less than we felt on the Fantasy.

I booked Category 05E Extended Verandah, it' a Guarenteed room but will not know room # for a while. Told these rooms usually reserved for disabled and if not available I will get bump to higher category. Was only $200 more than a regular veranda room.

You were lied to. There are only 2 05E rooms out of about 30 that are HA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter