Will gondolas impact BCV/BWV experience?

They used to have a park ride that was similar and ike some people will ride the monorail there will be people that will enjoy riding the gondolas. Many ski resorts operate their gondolas as a ride during summer seasons. At the end of that ride will be a couple other resorts for dining etc. So I think it has possibility to enhance BWV/BCV/Swan/Dolphin. From what I've seen on any plans the station is outside of the park so anyone who is in the area will be able to use this transportation just like all other transportation.

It's also not going to be like a monorail dumping out a few hundred people at once nor even a friendship boat. It will be much more controlled and steady. Some minor changes at the entry should cover it without too much difficulty.

The sight lines etc are going to be changed, that's for certain and although I find this a bit of an odd choice for WDW I can see some benefits that go along with any negatives.
My only point was that the gondola addition will not contribute to the EPCOT resorts to the point that they should be required to help pay for it. IMO, they do not add to the EPCOT resorts park transportation options. They will be a choice similar to using the monorail - nice to do now and then, but not a regular choice. EPCOT resorts do not help pay for the monorail, and I do not expect them to pay for the gondolas, either.

Can't see how gondolas and Boardwalk are any different than bus service, if someone from another resort wishes to visit they bus to HS and walk over or from a park bus direct. EP to HS is not direct on published gondola reveal and can't see how traveling to resort and transferring to the other line going to the park is going to add anything but an experience to the journey, certainly not faster. Have been watching the construction of the cable standards our last few visits and am not yet concerned it will negatively impact our BWV contract. We love the Boardwalk and even during F & W are able to enjoy it.

My only point was that the gondola addition will not contribute to the EPCOT resorts to the point that they should be required to help pay for it. IMO, they do not add to the EPCOT resorts park transportation options. They will be a choice similar to using the monorail - nice to do now and then, but not a regular choice. EPCOT resorts do not help pay for the monorail, and I do not expect them to pay for the gondolas, either.

I had misinterpreted that "contribute" was talking on a dues concern. No, I would not expect the Epcot resorts to pay for them. They will be close but not close enough to be considered as serving those hotels I don't think. That station is being built for Epcot, not the lodging around Epcot.

The BoardWalk was originally envisioned as a destination in itself when we purchased BWV. Weren't there buses from various resort hotels to the BoardWalk, back then? Who paid for those? Were they services to the resort hotel from which they came, bringing their guests to this destination? Or were they services to the BoardWalk bringing customers and therefore perhaps revenue to the BoardWalk? Or was a it a combination of both? I wonder if the gondola might be a way to bring guests from Riviera, CBR and AOA to the BoardWalk, as well as to Epcot.

The location of the gondola stop at the International Gateway is roughly 275 feet from southeast exit from Disney's Beach Club. By comparison, the Friendship boat dock is over 1000 feet. So for at least some people staying at Epcot resorts, the gondola stop is closer than the Friendship boat dock.

What??? The ships are much close for boardwalk, for some in Beachclub the gondola would be, but please!

We own at Beach Club. Epcot International Gateway is just steps away which is where the gondola line is going to be. If we want to visit one of the resorts that are on the gondola line we can easily walk to the gondola and hop on. It's just another option. I think its exciting. But I'm an optimist and love new things.
Non air conditioned card, yes very exiting

Maybe. But since they are now doing security checks at the resorts before allowing guests to board bus & monorail transportation, I have to wonder.

They are? That's news to me. When did this start?

BTW I love your Boardwalk Early Morning picture.

The BoardWalk was originally envisioned as a destination in itself when we purchased BWV. Weren't there buses from various resort hotels to the BoardWalk, back then? Who paid for those? Were they services to the resort hotel from which they came, bringing their guests to this destination? Or were they services to the BoardWalk bringing customers and therefore perhaps revenue to the BoardWalk? Or was a it a combination of both? I wonder if the gondola might be a way to bring guests from Riviera, CBR and AOA to the BoardWalk, as well as to Epcot.

Other than the buses shared among the Epcot resorts, the only regular, direct resort to resort bus that existed with Boardwalk was a bus that ran between Boardwalk and Coronado Springs during the late afternoon through evening, which was discontinued several years ago. Why there was a bus with Coronado and not any other non-Epcot resorts was never fully explained except for mention that both had convention facilities. I do not actually know whether the Coronado bus was included in BWV's transportation dues but I suspect it was. However, when the bus was taken out of the system, transportation dues did not decrease and still rose somewhat annually. They have in the past sometimes had the late night (e.g., post midnight) Downtown Disney bus from Boardwalk stop at some of the resorts other than the Epcot resorts but I do not know if that still happens with the Disney Springs bus.

What I have never been clear on is the limitations of the transportation item in the dues. It definitely applies to any transportation systems dedicated to the particular resort, but does it also include some fraction of the sytem as a whole? For example, does a portion of the Boardwalk dues apply to the monorail on the theory that some of those staying at BW are likely to make some use of the monorai.

What I have never been clear on is the limitations of the transportation item in the dues. It definitely applies to any transportation systems dedicated to the particular resort, but does it also include some fraction of the sytem as a whole? For example, does a portion of the Boardwalk dues apply to the monorail on the theory that some of those staying at BW are likely to make some use of the monorai.
Really? You think that is a possibility?

Other than the buses shared among the Epcot resorts, the only regular, direct resort to resort bus that existed with Boardwalk was a bus that ran between Boardwalk and Coronado Springs during the late afternoon through evening, which was discontinued several years ago. Why there was a bus with Coronado and not any other non-Epcot resorts was never fully explained except for mention that both had convention facilities. I do not actually know whether the Coronado bus was included in BWV's transportation dues but I suspect it was. However, when the bus was taken out of the system, transportation dues did not decrease and still rose somewhat annually. They have in the past sometimes had the late night (e.g., post midnight) Downtown Disney bus from Boardwalk stop at some of the resorts other than the Epcot resorts but I do not know if that still happens with the Disney Springs bus.

Several weeks ago I made an official request to the executive offices of DVD/DVC for an accounting of what the transportation component actually includes. I received a phone call back that member accounting would be mailing me the information. Nothing yet!.

:earsboy: Bill

Several weeks ago I made an official request to the executive offices of DVD/DVC for an accounting of what the transportation component actually includes. I received a phone call back that member accounting would be mailing me the information. Nothing yet!.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm sure they were right on top of that request and that it's just held up in the mail. If there's one thing Disney companies love to do, it's give out information they don't really want to share.

When staying at Boardwalk, I might take the gondola to get to the food courts at AoA / Pop.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic--- no sarcasm icon.....lol.

I doubt it. The value/moderate food courts are pretty convenient. I really liked the one at POR and I hear good things about the one at AoA. QS options and variety are the one thing you miss out on at many of the deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!