Will Hollywood Studios attendance surpass Magic Kingdom?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
I was just thinking, with Galaxy's Edge opening in a few months, will the Studios attendance be higher than Magic Kingdoms this year or in 2020? I don't remember a time when Magic Kingdom wasn't the most visited park in the world. My guess is, Studios has a lower capacity than MK due to its fewer attractions, but then again, I would imagine the Studios will see a lot more phased closings ahead than any other park.

I doubt it. Most of those people will also visit the MK.

Initially when SWGE completely opens, it may for a short time, but overall I would expect MK to remain the busiest part.

I was thinking about that. How many people will go just for Star Wars, similar to Potter at Universal?

A lot of Floridians will do this, and maybe a few out of towners. But I would assume most who made the trip would want to check out the rest of the parks. Although it is quite possible some Star Wars fans have zero interest in House of the Mouse.

Last edited:
We live in Kansas City and on our next trip we will be doing at least 2 to 3 days in Hollywood Studios but we also will be doing 2 days in Epcat and Animal Kingdom and 3 days in Magic Kingdom. We only go every 3rd year so I make the trips count. And one of the 3 days in HS will be doing everything NOT Star Wars.

I think maybe the 1st week HS attendance will be greater than MK. After that, I think it will be pretty even until the end of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!