Will I have to collect luggage at MCO?

erineab

Mouseketeer
We'll be flying out of Montreal in a few weeks. From what I understand, we'll clear US customs in Montreal. Does that mean our luggage will go directly to our resort or will we have to collect it? TIA!

If you clear customs in Montreal then you wont see your luggage again until MCO. If you are using the Magical Express (and the yellow tags for your luggage) then your luggage will go directly to your resort. If you're not using that service then you will need to collect your luggage.

You are correct, at YUL you clear US customs at departure so your flight is considered domestic and you can have your luggages sent directly to your resort with DME (the terminal you will depart from is only for US-bound flights). My friend is also leaving for MCO in 2 weeks and she was telling that much of the flights to before Spring break to Orlando were late (evening flights). If it's your case, just be aware that your luggages might not arrive in your room before the middle of the night if you let DME take care of them for you!

A few airlines like Spirit would require that you get your luggage at Orlando. By memory Southwest, United, Delta (but that might be just domestic) and a few others would ship to the hotel.

A few airlines like Spirit would require that you get your luggage at Orlando. By memory Southwest, United, Delta (but that might be just domestic) and a few others would ship to the hotel.

Spirit and Southwest do not offer flights from Mtl (YUL). She’s probably flying with Westjet, Air Canada or Transat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter