Will it really be 2 days for Dreams Unlimited to get back to me?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Bit late to the party in filling in a DU quote request, as my window for 2022 DCL booking opens today, and I've only just completed the form... the form submission now says someone will get back to me within 2 business days, but general booking will be open by then and I've seen how quickly prices can go up, so am I better booking myself direct at this point, and lesson learned for next time to fill in my form more in advance?

DU agents are very good at getting your quotes quite fast.

I have never waited 2 days for a quote.

And even if you submitted your request a few days earlier, as a silver member you would still have to wait until your booking day to get a quote.

You can also book it yourself and transfer it to DU if you are concerned about missing out. I also have never had to wait two days for a quote.

You can also book it yourself and transfer it to DU if you are concerned about missing out. I also have never had to wait two days for a quote.
Good idea, I'd forgotten I could do that!

I take it that when the time rolls around, I'll suddenly be able to see 2022 dates as well as the current 2020 and 2021?

wont that affect your DU obc? If you transfer a booked reservation, doesn’t the obc become only 50%. Unless a person wants a specific cabin, then I’d book myself. I use DU and my TA sends out messages once the reservation is grabbed. Plus I check my dcl app to see when a reservation drops there.

wont that affect your DU obc? If you transfer a booked reservation, doesn’t the obc become only 50%. Unless a person wants a specific cabin, then I’d book myself. I use DU and my TA sends out messages once the reservation is grabbed. Plus I check my dcl app to see when a reservation drops there.

Yes, transfer would work, but affects the OBC

Glad I found this thread because I think that it ties into my concern. I submitted my request for a Feb 2021 cruise on Oct 20, 11:46 AM. I requested a specific TA (because the TA booked the Dec cruise that was canceled so I thought it was appropriate.) I rcvd an auto reply sent after a request: ". . . will contact you via email shortly with your no-obligation quote that will include pricing and availability information." At 8:46 am today, I received the quote from my TA and it indicated that it was only valid 'til tmrw. I wrote to my TA almost immediately because I had a couple of questions that I wanted answers for before I pull the trigger. This time I rcvd an auto reply from my TA indicating that, due to the opening of the 2022 cruises, etc., "I will monitoring my emails for times sensitive or emergency issues. All other emails will be answered as soon as I can! There will be a delay." I understand since I've seen all the posts RE: folks booking the new cruises, etc. Lots of excitement! Of course, I've been checking my mail off and on over the past 12+ hours but haven't had a response yet. I can wait to see if I hear back tmrw but, if not, should I see if another TA has time? I've only been on a Disney cruise once before and I have rarely worked with TAs for other trips I've taken. I guess I am seeking advice from folks with experience about how to proceed.

Glad I found this thread because I think that it ties into my concern. I submitted my request for a Feb 2021 cruise on Oct 20, 11:46 AM. I requested a specific TA (because the TA booked the Dec cruise that was canceled so I thought it was appropriate.) I rcvd an auto reply sent after a request: ". . . will contact you via email shortly with your no-obligation quote that will include pricing and availability information." At 8:46 am today, I received the quote from my TA and it indicated that it was only valid 'til tmrw. I wrote to my TA almost immediately because I had a couple of questions that I wanted answers for before I pull the trigger. This time I rcvd an auto reply from my TA indicating that, due to the opening of the 2022 cruises, etc., "I will monitoring my emails for times sensitive or emergency issues. All other emails will be answered as soon as I can! There will be a delay." I understand since I've seen all the posts RE: folks booking the new cruises, etc. Lots of excitement! Of course, I've been checking my mail off and on over the past 12+ hours but haven't had a response yet. I can wait to see if I hear back tmrw but, if not, should I see if another TA has time? I've only been on a Disney cruise once before and I have rarely worked with TAs for other trips I've taken. I guess I am seeking advice from folks with experience about how to proceed.

Are you by chance silver..? If so I wouldn't think anything of not hearing from your TA until today, when they were able to fill your request.

I'd be disappointed if I hadn't heard back all day and my TA had said it would only be valid until tomorrow! It feels like they are putting a time crunch on you, not the other way around at that point. Needing to know by tomorrow makes it a time sensitive matter after all, so you would have certainly fallen in the pile of people to respond to quickly the way I see it. I'd have probably sent another email tonight in case she missed my first one with an apology, but her language made me concerned my reservation would be lost. (In reality I think there are only the three day holds so I'm confused on that point also).

In our experience, the Dreams agents are diligent in booking and getting quotes out.

We have had very good luck with our Dreams agents for DCL, Celebrity, and RCCL bookings. The thing for us though is we always had an agent to send our opening day bookings requests to, so we never used the quote request. After switching our booking over to them on one of our early cruises we continued to use their services. Probably have used them for 14 of our 16 cruises.

Are you by chance silver..? If so I wouldn't think anything of not hearing from your TA until today, when they were able to fill your request.

I'd be disappointed if I hadn't heard back all day and my TA had said it would only be valid until tomorrow! It feels like they are putting a time crunch on you, not the other way around at that point. Needing to know by tomorrow makes it a time sensitive matter after all, so you would have certainly fallen in the pile of people to respond to quickly the way I see it. I'd have probably sent another email tonight in case she missed my first one with an apology, but her language made me concerned my reservation would be lost. (In reality I think there are only the three day holds so I'm confused on that point also).

Being silver doesn't have anything to do with my reservation since it is not for newly released cruises; it is 4 months from now. I have no idea why she said I had til today to accept the quote (I wasn't familiar with the system you mentioned of 3-day holds) I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, AquaDame, and I didn't send another email last night, but I shall do it now. Thank you.

We have had very good luck with our Dreams agents for DCL, Celebrity, and RCCL bookings. The thing for us though is we always had an agent to send our opening day bookings requests to, so we never used the quote request. After switching our booking over to them on one of our early cruises we continued to use their services. Probably have used them for 14 of our 16 cruises.
My TA is DU. I did not know there was an option of contacting her directly. I thought that it was necessary to use the quote request form. As a matter of fact, I'd initially drafted an email but, when I checked the site to see the info I needed to provide, the site indicated that it was necessary to use the standard form so I did that instead. As I mentioned previously, I've only been on 1 DC and what would have been my 2nd in Dec (booked with DU) was canceled by DCL. I have lots to learn if I am going to continue using DCL. Thank you.

My TA is DU. I did not know there was an option of contacting her directly. I thought that it was necessary to use the quote request form. As a matter of fact, I'd initially drafted an email but, when I checked the site to see the info I needed to provide, the site indicated that it was necessary to use the standard form so I did that instead. As I mentioned previously, I've only been on 1 DC and what would have been my 2nd in Dec (booked with DU) was canceled by DCL. I have lots to learn if I am going to continue using DCL. Thank you.

We have always sent the dreams TA the cruises we were interested in on our opening booking day and they would get back to us. That way you are guaranteed to work with the same agent all the time. We were never told we couldn't do it and they have been helpful. During the pandemic we worked with our dreams TA to rebook our trips and get refunds of large amounts paid in to get us back to just the deposit on all our cruises. Having heard horror stories of people not getting their money back quickly, I was pleased how fast ours came, maybe the TA helped us out there will never know though.

My DU TA actually tells us to contact her and let her know what we want to book prior to a release. She even accepts text messages for a faster response. Once you establish the union between you, you don’t have to go through the quote process. I’ve been using DU for many years now.

Being silver doesn't have anything to do with my reservation since it is not for newly released cruises; it is 4 months from now. I have no idea why she said I had til today to accept the quote (I wasn't familiar with the system you mentioned of 3-day holds) I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, AquaDame, and I didn't send another email last night, but I shall do it now. Thank you.

Ah I see.. I have only booked one restricted fare so maybe the holds on those are different than the "normal" rates? Since you said it is only four months out maybe that is why/how... I'm sorry I'm not a TA so I'm not sure... hopefully they have gotten back to you now!

Sort of. As I mentioned earlier, I took your advice and sent another email (Subject: Urgent) and, 2 mins later, I rcvd a response ("I see you email and will get this answered for you shortly!") That was just over 7 hours ago but nothing yet . . .

Hi, All! Just following up: I did ask my TA to book the cruise for me (right after I wrote the post above.) So, 5 days ago, I asked her to book it. I didn't hear anything the following day (Fri) so, that evening, I sent an email "Just checking to see if this was done." A couple of hours later, I rcvd this reply: "I did, I will send you confirmation shortly." 4 days later, I am still waiting. Is this usual? I am guessing that it is not (or maybe I am hoping!)

Hi, All! Just following up: I did ask my TA to book the cruise for me (right after I wrote the post above.) So, 5 days ago, I asked her to book it. I didn't hear anything the following day (Fri) so, that evening, I sent an email "Just checking to see if this was done." A couple of hours later, I rcvd this reply: "I did, I will send you confirmation shortly." 4 days later, I am still waiting. Is this usual? I am guessing that it is not (or maybe I am hoping!)

Its not.... if you sign into your account can you see the cruise booked there? Someone else commented in another thread that they are having issues getting an answer from their TA also - I wonder if it is the same person. I think it may be time to send a message to John (the owner) and see if he can figure out what is going on. john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com or you can DM @WebmasterJohn .

Its not.... if you sign into your account can you see the cruise booked there? Someone else commented in another thread that they are having issues getting an answer from their TA also - I wonder if it is the same person. I think it may be time to send a message to John (the owner) and see if he can figure out what is going on. john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com or you can DM @WebmasterJohn .
Thank you. I did try to log into DCL to see if there was a booking but it indicated that I had nothing scheduled. It indicates that I'd need to enter a confirmation # which I do not have. I'll follow up with John. Thanks again, AquaDame, for taking the time to respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter