Will our FP's and ADRs be OK if we cancel our DVC room reservations?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We currently have resv's at SSR and OKW, which we have always loved. (No DVC resort that we don't love!) However, we've been able to pick up a couple of nights at BCV and BLT. We are missing some nights though. I would like to keep trying to find more nights at these resorts since they would be more convenient for us on this trip.

At some point before the 30 day mark we're going to have to cancel one or the other. Should I be worried about our dining resv's or FP's? Our 60 day window is in a couple of days and I'm concerned about whether I should cancel some of the rooms now before the 60 days so as to not jeopardize the FPs and ADRs. I know I've read about this before, but it's something that has never been an issue on previous trips. I tried searching for the answer, but didn't have any luck.

Thanks for your help!

I think you will be fine. Canceling some of the rooms will still leave you with a reservation.

As long as you have a reservation that starts the same day as the original one you used to book FPS, you will be fine,

What I have heard is that if you end up with a new reservation number and it isn’t recognized, you would be sent an email saying you had to provide them with it or they could cancel the FPs. So they wouldn’t be canceled without warning,

I am thinking with DVC, since modifications happen, that maybe they have a way of checking that.

But, you wouldn’t lose them without notification to supply the new reservation in the worst case scenario!

My understanding is any days you no longer have a reservation for, before or after, you would be in jeopardy of losing adr and fp. If your current reservations run from the 1st to the 8th and you new ones are from the 1st to the 3rd and the 5th to the 8th you should lose adr and fp on the 4th even though you have no room for the evening of the 3rd and 4th, only the 4th is not covered by your new reservations. It would leave lots moving around, but you could keep some nights of your current reservations. Just modify them to shorter stays rather than cancelling them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!