Will the meal plan affect us in January?

DisneyDuo

A perplexed friend said to me, "You must fart Pixi
Okay, I admit I haven't really been paying attention to the meal plan deal that has clogged up all the restaurants these past few months - since we're DVC and can't use the thing anyway!

But now I'm worried - is it still in effect in January? (we'll be there the end of the month) If so, that will really mess up our dinner plans - we usually don't worry about reservations that time of year. And if so, I'd better get on the phone and try to make a few reserves!

Lin

The way I figure it, How could it hurt...you could always change plans when you are there, just use the room phones. So I would book any must eats for you.

The free meal plan ended around the beginnning of October. The MYW plus dining package is still available for purchase through the end of 2006. At this time, DVC members using points cannot purchase the meal plan. It can only be added to room/ticket packages.

Unless Disney decides to offer the meal plan for free again in January (doubt it), I don't think you are going to have a problem making same day ADRs. Of course the usual exceptions apply - CRT, V&A, etc.

I've only made 2 ADRS for my early December trip and I am not planning on counter service every day, either. I do not anticipate any problems.

Best wishes -

Thanks for the info, everyone! Phew - I think I can relax!

We don't usually make reservations as we like to take each day as it comes, we don't plan everything. It's always worked out well for us in January - of course, we don't try to eat at the princess or character meals, which always seem to need reservations. We have made one reservation for the new Raglan Road pub - figured it might be crowded since it will still be relatively new!

Lin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter