Will the new direct point minimum for benefits affect resales?

Yes, but that buy in occurs for every DVC member. Those small resale contracts are about equivalent to buying direct, but non-members can't buy those contracts direct.
Why are those contracts at a premium right now? There's already no benefits associated with them. 2/25 makes no difference to those contracts. The people buying them either buy as their only way in or to get a contract that Disney is not willing/able to fill (closed or long waitlists). That doesn't change with the new rule. In fact, with the increased minimum to buying in, more people will look to the resale market for small contracts and with the increasing prices the resale market will continue to increase in price as well.
I don’t disagree with the overall logic and value of smaller contracts. I think the vast majority are current owners but do agree some new members could buy them just for membership. I still believe their value will even out over the next few years. Still higher priced but not as crazy as in the recent past. Just my .02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!