Will we be disappointed with Kidani if we LOVE Jambo?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We love Jambo and the studios we stay in. We love being at the hotel with the savanna view, the bar, Boma, Jiko, and Mara. We love the pool and the hot tub. We love everything about it!!

We have an upcoming trip and we were only able to get Kidani SV studio. I am so nervous that it wont "feel" the same as being at Jambo because it doesnt have all of the amenities that Jambo has. Does anyone love Jambo like we do and have stayed at Kidani? What did you think? Are there any pros that Kidani has over Jambo?

Also, does Kidani have anywhere to refill the mugs since there is no QS?

Thanks to anyone who can comment!!

There are many great things about Kidani. As long as you approach it with a positive attitude you will be fine. Remember, you will only be a short walk or free shuttle ride away from Jambo, so you'll be able to easily take advantage of all the things you like at Jambo.

Here is a short list of things that you might want to check out at Kidani:

Saana -- I admit Boma and Jiko are nice restaurants, but Saana is really something special. Be sure to check out the bread service while there. Also, Saana offers great views of the Sunset Savanna, something you can't get at Boma or Jiko

The Bar at Saana -- A Disney bar is a Disney bar, but at Saana's bar you can order most items that are on the Saana menu. This is great because it means you can have a table service dinner without having an ADR almost any time you want.

Savanna Views - Jambo's villas are on the fifth floor, which means that trees and landscaping can block some of your views of the animals on the savanna. At Kidani, the villas start on the second floor. You can have some pretty spectacular views of the animals because you will be a lot closer to them at Kidani than at Jambo.

Underground parking -- If you have a car, you can take advantage of Kidani's underground parking. Its the only DVC resort the offers covered parking at Walt Disney World.

Water Play Area -- Kidani has a really nice water play area for kids. Although Jambo has a kids' play area, I don't think it has water features.

Community Hall -- Kidani has a Community Hall; Jambo doesn't.

Transportation: Did I mention you will only be a short walk or free shuttle ride away from Jambo, so you'll be able to easily take advantage of all the things you like at Jambo?

Refillable mug stations -- There are two: One at the gift shop off the lobby and another at the pool.

We like both resorts, so much so that we rotate stays at AKV between the too. When we are at one we love it so much so that the next time we hesitate on booking the other resort, but when we are at the other AKV resort we love it too.

We had the same concerns you have, but as previous replies have said, Kidani is wonderful also! I agree with everyone else in that both have great amenities and pluses to them. After staying at both, now I truly just consider them ONE resort! It is so easy to go back and forth between the two, we do it all day! As far as Kidani’s lack of quick service, they have been serving a quick service breakfast at Sanaa, which is quite nice, that you can take it to go, or sit by a window and watch the animals outside. And in the gift shop in the lobby, they have refill station and coffee and tea station.

The walk between resorts isn't to bad or far, but does become a pain when dealing with a stroller filled with little kids.

We love Jambo and the studios we stay in. We love being at the hotel with the savanna view, the bar, Boma, Jiko, and Mara. We love the pool and the hot tub. We love everything about it!!

We have an upcoming trip and we were only able to get Kidani SV studio. I am so nervous that it wont "feel" the same as being at Jambo because it doesnt have all of the amenities that Jambo has. Does anyone love Jambo like we do and have stayed at Kidani? What did you think? Are there any pros that Kidani has over Jambo?

I have a thread from a few months ago about the exact same thing. We always stay at jambo and this time cause it was less than 7 months out there was nothing except sv at kidani.

Is there any requests regarding placement for a room with those who stay at kidani a lot. Any rooms at have better sv or more action with the animals in general? Any other tips about room placement for requests before hand?

I hope you have a better reaction than I did, and from the responses, it looks like you probably will. I used to stay in Jambo all the time, and finally decided to try Kidani, simply because so many people liked it and just to compare. By the third day I strongly considered asking to change to Jambo. Decided to stick it out instead in case it got better for me-it didn't. Super long hallways, only resort in 30 stays that delivered my luggage to the wrong room, none of my requests (although I know-they're just requests) were met, only resort where I complained to DVC about housekeeping, never saw a giraffe all week although I was on the Sunset Savannah. Least favorite DVC resort I've stayed at, but I admit that my favorite may be someone else's least favorite.

Is there any requests regarding placement for a room with those who stay at kidani a lot. Any rooms at have better sv or more action with the animals in general? Any other tips about room placement for requests before hand?

1- Close to the Lobby.... the hallways here are incredibly long. On the bright side, if you are on the left side, you are closer to the pool, and if you are on the right side, you are closer to both Jambo house and the bus stop. If you get close to the lobby, you have the best of everything.

2-Lower Floor.... as someone previously explained, Savannah views begin on the 2nd floor (which is the lobby level), which means if you get a lower level, you get the best views of the animals,

1- Close to the Lobby.... the hallways here are incredibly long. On the bright side, if you are on the left side, you are closer to the pool, and if you are on the right side, you are closer to both Jambo house and the bus stop. If you get close to the lobby, you have the best of everything.

2-Lower Floor.... as someone previously explained, Savannah views begin on the 2nd floor (which is the lobby level), which means if you get a lower level, you get the best views of the animals,
cool very cool!

thanks!

Be forewarned, because you just might like it that much more than JAMBO....:teeth:....They both are great don't get me wrong, each with its personal differences... But never underestimate that subdued version of AKL @ Kidani for it is A M A Z I N G !...Likewise for Jambo.

BTW You can still utilize all the amenites/food choices at Jambo, if need be... Have a wonderful trip.. :thumbsup2

I love Jambo when we are traveling with my older parents and MIL. DH and I love the relaxing vibe at Kidani when we are by ourselves. It doesn't have the stunning lobby but it does have a wonderful cozy lobby that welcomes you home. Yes, the hallways are long for some rooms, but so is the bus ride to MK from both. We are booked at Kidani for May and then I wait listed two rooms at Jambo for November 5 minutes ago. We will see the best of both worlsd in one year...fantastic!!

Oh and the new shuttle bus is terrific. Great drivers, and wonderful music playing on the radio. We loved going back and forth and I didn't have to climb into the back of a van. I told them over and over how much I liked it and the CMs were super happy about it too.

I stayed at AKL prior to DVC and always loved it.

I’ve stayed at Kidani and Jambo DVC. I hated our Jambo DVC room. I think I may have booked a standard room, but I felt like it was just a room that had sort of been turned into DVC but without the DVC features. I felt cheated.

Kidani was lovely. I don’t understand the issue with distance between Jambo and KIdani. They are right next to each other. The buildings at SSR and OKW can be much further from the Carriage House or Hospitality House than from Jambo to Kidani.

I prefer the Kidani rooms and feel like Jambo is just a few steps away. I never once considered using the shuttle between the two. And I am old and can’t walk very far.

I love Jambo when we are traveling with my older parents and MIL. DH and I love the relaxing vibe at Kidani when we are by ourselves. It doesn't have the stunning lobby but it does have a wonderful cozy lobby that welcomes you home. Yes, the hallways are long for some rooms, but so is the bus ride to MK from both. We are booked at Kidani for May and then I wait listed two rooms at Jambo for November 5 minutes ago. We will see the best of both worlsd in one year...fantastic!!

Oh and the new shuttle bus is terrific. Great drivers, and wonderful music playing on the radio. We loved going back and forth and I didn't have to climb into the back of a van. I told them over and over how much I liked it and the CMs were super happy about it too.
Not having to climb into back of the van, a real plus!:yay:

You will not be disappointed. I love both. We loved Jambo house because everything is there, like the bigger store and quick service. But the pool is better at Kidani for our younger kids. The community center is great for kids as well. It is also less crowded which is a huge plus for me. Also, I do like the underground garage for our car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter