• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we regret this?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
My DH found out last Thurs. that he has a business seminar in Orlando Friday. Of course that translates into a good reason to go to WDW for a long weekend. Since we have reservations at FW 3 times this year and have already been once, we decided to try Secret Lake. Much cheaper!!! :) We're considering only taking our RV, no second vehicle. We would have to drive it (no tow dolly). It's only a 1 hr. 15 min. drive, but that takes the fun out of having an RV. Will we really regret having to drive our RV everywhere we go? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I expect you will enjoy the trip and not hardly miss your toad. We have a BroncoII that we tow but going to WDW we seldom take it. There are plenty of large parking lots between here and there, and WDW has plenty of parking space. I see M/H's parked in the theme parking lots all the time.

Last summer we went out west - through Texas, up through Colorado, down through Arizona and then on to California. We didn't take our toad and didn't miss it. Now when we got to southern Calif., we parked the M/H in a RV park in Desert Hot Springs near where my sister lives. No way we were going to get into the traffic near LA! We rented a car to go to Disneyland and to the San Diego Zoo.

Cold Iron - Yes, I know it says Poohstyx but I can't get this computer to change over to my name.

Thanks again Cold Iron,
You're full of info I need!:) We were just a little concerned about hooking up and un hooking so often. Also, decided DTD was out.(I hate having to find a place to park my van there.) LOL On the up side it, it will be great to have the RV in the parking lot for a quick lunch. No bad park lunches! YEAH!
Anyone else have experience with this? Any suggestions from past experiences we could use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter