Will you get a stimulus check and how much?

For those getting denied access because info doesn't match, try using all caps on your address. I was denied using address as was on my tax return address box, but then I used the address exactly as is on my Estimated Tax quarterly vouchers (same, but all caps) and was in right away. If you have a pdf of your taxes you can copy it from either the ES tax quarterlies, or IRS payment voucher. I put my info in the day the portal went live, and received my money today... so about 2 weeks.

No... but I work at Starbucks as one of my part time jobs... and they have been great paying for employees to stay home if they wished. I have since gone back to work with a $3 per hour temporary raise.
I live in Canada, and the government has done a great job making sure everyone has money to survive including many programs for small businesses to stay afloat.

For those getting denied access because info doesn't match, try using all caps on your address. I was denied using address as was on my tax return address box, but then I used the address exactly as is on my Estimated Tax quarterly vouchers (same, but all caps) and was in right away. If you have a pdf of your taxes you can copy it from either the ES tax quarterlies, or IRS payment voucher. I put my info in the day the portal went live, and received my money today... so about 2 weeks.
Still not working for DD. I the IRS is saying the website is fixed. I’m not sure if that’s true but I’m not seeing many people not getting in at this point. I really thought she would qualify for the stimulus but it’s looking like, even with some of the tricks to get into the site, she’s not eligible

I was able to enter my financial info the first day it was available before people starting having trouble (I think around April 15). I received my deposit today.

We get zero. I had about a 90% reduction in my pay (and 50% reduction in my days at work) but we are not eligible.
Luckily my husband is working full time and doing it from home! (no 5 hour daily commute for him now-- not sure how he will be able to go back after being spoiled with a 30 second commute!).
My sister (who we partially support but who also helps with the kids) will get the 1200. Her salary is the same though as she is able to do it online .

We get zero. I had about a 90% reduction in my pay (and 50% reduction in my days at work) but we are not eligible.
Luckily my husband is working full time and doing it from home! (no 5 hour daily commute for him now-- not sure how he will be able to go back after being spoiled with a 30 second commute!).
My sister (who we partially support but who also helps with the kids) will get the 1200. Her salary is the same though as she is able to do it online .
OMG I can't imagine 5 hours!! How on earth do you people do it?? That's a lot of time out of your life, I'm sorry :sad1:

OMG I can't imagine 5 hours!! How on earth do you people do it?? That's a lot of time out of your life, I'm sorry :sad1:
Yes it sucks. But we moved out of NYC last year and I switched jobs (that made our move possible) but my husband didnt find anything near our new home. So he still had to commute. Whats worse is that the earliest I get home is 6:00 (rare that I can make it that early) and sometimes much later. BUT the good news is he is getting a new job and it looks like he will HAVE to work from home 2-3 days per week. Which is awesome!! I hope that it really turns out that way. For now I will enjoy him working at home (and me being home most days). My parents don't understand why I think its terrible he commutes for so long - my dad says "My colleagues used to leave home at 4 am and return at 9 pm and never see their kids. Whats the big deal?!". Uhhh..... Different priorities...

Yes it sucks. But we moved out of NYC last year and I switched jobs (that made our move possible) but my husband didnt find anything near our new home. So he still had to commute. Whats worse is that the earliest I get home is 6:00 (rare that I can make it that early) and sometimes much later. BUT the good news is he is getting a new job and it looks like he will HAVE to work from home 2-3 days per week. Which is awesome!! I hope that it really turns out that way. For now I will enjoy him working at home (and me being home most days). My parents don't understand why I think its terrible he commutes for so long - my dad says "My colleagues used to leave home at 4 am and return at 9 pm and never see their kids. Whats the big deal?!". Uhhh..... Different priorities...

Apologies if this is off topic but we also live in NYC and once we're married we're going to want to buy a house, and the affordable options will all mean a MUCH longer commute (not so bad for me on Metro North since I'm in midtown but DH is in FiDi) so I feel your pain - I used to have an hour+ commute each way, you definitely get used to it, but DH has always been close and is fussing about being "so far" and having "such a long commute" and I'm like dude...you have no idea what some people have to go through on the daily to make it work, but that's just what we have to do sometimes.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear he's got a new job and will be able to be home more, the stress levels will plummet I'm sure!

Apologies if this is off topic but we also live in NYC and once we're married we're going to want to buy a house, and the affordable options will all mean a MUCH longer commute (not so bad for me on Metro North since I'm in midtown but DH is in FiDi) so I feel your pain - I used to have an hour+ commute each way, you definitely get used to it, but DH has always been close and is fussing about being "so far" and having "such a long commute" and I'm like dude...you have no idea what some people have to go through on the daily to make it work, but that's just what we have to do sometimes.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear he's got a new job and will be able to be home more, the stress levels will plummet I'm sure!
Yes the house prices and the taxes near NYC (if you look for where the good schools are) are insane and having lived in NYC for so long we had limited savings, so we were limited. I almost decided to keep my old job when we were thinking of moving but since they couldnt fire my psychopath colleague who was harrassing me (and couldnt find her a new job since everyone who interviewed her thought she was insane) I made the decision to switch jobs up closer to my new home. So the nice thing is my commute is not too bad and I am happy with my new job. Good luck to you!!!! We are in CT. Much less taxes than Westchester and LI.

We were happy to finally be allowed to enter our bank info last week, and now stimulus is arriving at the end of this week. Much early than our mid summer estimate for a paper check.

I entered my info April 24th and pmt is scheduleded May 6th. My deceased mother got her letter last week (bank acct closed) and a check this week. The envelope has a box to mark deceased and drop in return mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter