Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WH INFO

Mouseketeer

Windsor Hills NEWS & Information
Windsor Hills Information Station - no longer has Admin. support
For historical WH information use this thread.
For current help and information use the link below for WHIS 2.0

Link ~~> Winds or Hills Information Station 2.0
It has been replaced with Windsor Hills Information Station 2.0

Welcome: Hopefully OP 01 - 05 will help you get the information that will help answer your concerns. Most of your questions you may have about picking
Windsor Hills for your next Central Florida Vacation!!!

I Give up!!! It seems like post formatting has taken on a life of own. 1681047811552.jpeg

Windsor Hills NEWS & Information UPD 04/01/2023
Pool Complex Is OPEN
Entertainment - Live Music in the Pool Complex on weekends -1682452245750.gif

Currently there is no construction going on that will impact Windsor Hills Guest.

__________________________________________________________________________________

01 - Introduction
The entrance to Windsor Hills is located at 2600 N. Old Lake Wilson Rd.
What Windsor Hills is NOT – It’s not a Vacation Resort or a Time Share Resort.
If you need multiple on site restaurants or planed events to entertain “resort guest” throughout your stay, Windsor Hills probably will not meet your expectations.

What Windsor Hills is – It is a HOA with individual owners of Condos, Town-homes and Pool Homes in this 24/7 manned, gated Vacation Rental Home Community.

If you are concerned about the parking fees relax and remind yourself, Windsor Hills is not a resort and there is no parking fee.

Where to start, what to expect, making a reservation
START
– If this is your first time venturing “offsite” or looking for something more HOME like than a HOTEL perhaps it's time for you to look into vacation "HOME" rental . The many choices of vacation rental communities and types of rentals can be overwhelming. The number of guest in your vacation family should help narrow your search. In Windsor Hills Condos offer 2 or 3 Bedrooms and Town-homes all have 3 Bedrooms. As general rule you will only be allowed 2 guests per bedroom and in most cases an additional 1 or 2 guest, if the living room offers a pull-out sleeper. For large groups Pool homes should do the trick. The homes are available with 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms and the same 1 or 2 additional guest rule applies. My favorite thing about these homes is when you get back from having way too much of a good time in the parks and the younger set start chanting “POOL POOL POOL” that screened in lanai with pool & hot tub is only a few steps away for at least one worn out adult to go out and try to control the mandatory pool mayhem.

EXPECT – The interior look of the homes and condos will each have a different look and feel because the individual owners will pick a design they like or something they expect their central Florida theme park visitors may be looking for, like park / character theming; WDW, UOR, SW or just a casual kick back and relax feel. With Windsor Hills being so close to WDW many themed bed rooms (unsurprisingly) tend to be characters from Disney, Pixar or Marvel.

Time to make a reservation?
You probably have looked at many properties or rental companies that seemed to be promising for your central Florida getaway. Whichever property you have settled on, it’s now time for you to follow the process that its site has setup for making a reservation. You did bookmark the ones you liked, Right?

You are in luck if you selected Windsor Hills! Connect directly to Windsor Hills VACATION RENTAL HOME COMMUNITY Here https://www.welcometowindsorhills.com/ & you will be working with the Vacation Rental that the Windsor Hills owners are directly associated with.
........................................................1680540798630.gif
__________________________________________________________________________________

:mic: Disclosures:
WH Info:
I am not an owner of any Windsor Hills property or have any monetary interest in Windsor Hills other than renting from Windsor Hills property
owners for many of my Central Florida Vacations.
Information provided in this thread with help from omniscientmommy & Tinkerbellie16...
.....................1680540538510.gif............and I feel they both deserve my humble but big THANK YOU!

Last edited:
OP-01 Above no longer exs

02 - Community Center; other amenities

...The Community Center is essentially the Welcome Center/Guest Services, Clubhouse & Pool area.

...Other parks (Playgrounds) and opens pace areas are located throughout Windsor Hills.

Community Center
Hard to miss; you will drive past this complex after you go through the main entry gates whether you take the first right turn or go straight ahead to arrive at your rental location.

Welcome Center & Guest Services

Welcome Center - Open Daily 8:00am - 10am
.....The staff is happy to help owners and guests with any information you need from 8am to 10pm daily.
.. The Welcome Center,also includes Guest Services, available to further assist guests and owners with vacation
.....from 10am-6pm Wednesday-Saturday. Brochures, maps, ticket information, and HOA services available also.
Cyber Café
.....Is located in the Welcome Center, for your printing, copying , faxing and scanning needs

....(Printing charges apply). There is a limit of 30 minutes of
computer time also available.

Clubhouse
Game Room
Billiards and arcade games are available for all ages. (
Pool table is a $5 deposit)

Ping Pong Table
..........You will find located on the veranda on the rear of the clubhouse near the pool area. Equipment is available
..........in the Welcome Center for a $1.00 fee and a $10.00 refundable cash deposit.

DVD Rentals & ATM
..........Located in the Game Room is a DVD
rental kiosk and an ATM. A credit card is required to ..........use the DVD kiosk.

Movie Theater
The movie theater is open to all guest and you are welcome inter and enjoy any
movie that is playing,
..........See above DVD Rentals & ATM

Windsor Hills Marketplace & Grill
..........The Market Place & Grill where you can buy basic grocery items for your stay at Windsor Hills. Open 7 days a ..........week, the hours of operations are 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Enjoy fresh sandwiches, assorted beverages plus ..........newspapers, and pool items are also available.

Community Pool Complex
Community Pool & Splash pool for kids of all ages
Summer Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)
Spring, Fall & Winter Open –10am - 6pm (Weather Permitting)

The free-form pool filled with 140,000 gallons of clear sparkling water that has a Max. depth of 4 feet.
Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board –
No // Slide - No // Lifeguards – No

..........Splash pool for kids of all ages
............You may have heard of a “Water Park” that that is part of the pool area. This is a very fun area, but ............
if show up with visions of a Water Park, you may feel let down. It is more of a Splash pool on steroids. This
............is the place to get wet and I do mean WET. You will find for "the older kids & adult kids" // 2 Large slides
............(Not for small cildren) and the other part of the "Splash pool is // 1 Baby Slide & 1 Small Slide, a
............Water wheel, Water cannons & Water spray splash area. This is the where the whole family can see who
.. .........will stay dry or get wet; very wet!

.............Lifeguards – No: The large slides will each have a safety person stationed at the top of each slide but they are not lifeguards!
WARNING: If you get to close to this area, even if you are not participating with the attractions in this area you may get wet :umbrella:

.....................................................................Hot tub
Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)
...1 Tub Holds – 12 Guest.1680816650300.gif

For other Windsor Hills parks and recreational areas ...
.....Go to OP5 and use the Windsor Hills map index to locate them. :magnify:

Miscellaneous Information & Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ
Can you receive packages and mail while staying in the Windsor Hills Gated Community?
(Thanks to Tinkerbellie16, W.H.I.S. now has a clear & to the point answer to this often asked question.)

Answer
You can receive deliveries from Amazon, FedEx, and UPS. They are able to access the community and drop packages at the front door.

Note: The United States Postal Service does not deliver letters or packages there.

Last edited:
03 – Details for Pool homes
Pool Homes

Note: All Pool Homes have attached garages, but most will have been converted to games rooms
OBTW: A few may not have added A/C to the converted space :scratchin

The Pool Home floor plans do not include the pool & screened enclosure / This aerial photo shows some examples
Most rental sites will include one or more pictures of the pool & hot-tub

All Pool Home show a garage on the floor plans; However "MOST" have been
converted to recreational or game rooms.

Last edited:
04 – Details for Condominiums & Town-homes

Condominiums

2 Bedrooms.

Napa

3 Bedrooms

490059 490060

Sonoma...................................................................Santa Cruz

490063 490064

Santa Rosa........................................................................Santa Anna
Most likely the “Library” will be set up as BR #3... ...........................

Town-homes
Only 3 Bedrooms Floor-plan Available
Note: This floor plan shows the front entry on the right side of the unit. Many units will have a
reversed floor plan with the front entry on the left side of unit unit.
Each Town home has limited parking at the front of the Town home. Additional parking is available in
the "Town home group" area.

Last edited:

05 - WH & Local Area Maps
Windsor Hills Site Map
With locations numbered for the Gates, Clubhouse Area, Parks & Recreational Amenities and Additional parking for cars & oversized vehicles
1680951625452.png

The “Water Park” is not shown on this map, but if you find the community pool you can’t miss it.

OH Yea! Windsor Hills is close to WDW
1680952633780.png

Windsor Hills Area Restaurants

Last edited:

I’m curious if the community pool has lifeguards on duty?
That’s something I’m trying to track down and hope to have a solid answer in the next few days. My original “nice to know” list for the pool looked like this...

Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Lifeguards – No ???​

... but I chose to leave it off.
When it gets updated in the 02 - Community Center; other amenities it most likely will be my expected answer of NO; posted like this for a few days before it will switch to the Std. font and color...

Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Lifeguards – No

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for this! I’m curious who most people are using to book at Windsor Hills. We have always used VRBO but prefer to book directly with management companies/owners. We previously booked with Palm Tree Vacation homes and were a little disappointed in the upkeep and appearance of the apartment at WH. Who have you had success with??

Hello, thanks for this! I’m curious who most people are using to book at Windsor Hills. We have always used VRBO but prefer to book directly with management companies/owners. We previously booked with Palm Tree Vacation homes and were a little disappointed in the upkeep and appearance of the apartment at WH. Who have you had success with??
www.welcometowindsorhills.com

Direct book with owners/management companies.

We're used Airbnb - terrible experience with the vacation management company, and vacation central Florida. Vacation central Florida has been ok but tends to have older dated units.

Can confirm no lifeguard and best place to rent supported by HOA so dues paid and all that is windsorhillsprivaterentals You can also reach out to owners on Facebook and take a virtual tour of some properties.

We booked directly though welcometowindsorhills.com. The same rental home was on VRBO for $500 more due to fees, etc. Unfortunately, we had to rebook our May vacation by the end of 2020. If we would've gone through VRBO, we would've received our money back (Covid-19). We'll be there in Sept. for our first stay in one of the pool homes.

Great to see a WH thread! I’ve love the vacation I stayed here, and at planning for a larger group end of 2021.

as for where to look to rent, I originally rented through windsorhillsofficialrental but was burned pretty last minute and ended up getting a slightly more expensive rental through AirBnB. The the place we ended up with was amazing and we loved our stay.

I think I will stick with scheduling through companies that allow cancellation protections and can’t cancel on you. Regardless of up charge. The extra is worth it to not get burned by an owner, no matter how well meaning.

Are the pools currently open? Thinking of staying here in June if our Disney reservation gets canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!