Windsor Hills Poolside Activities

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
Hello....i am considering staying at Windsor Hills. I was wondering if they host pool parties and activities like other resorts do. I cant seem to find any comments or information so I assumed they do not have pool parties/activities. But I thought I would reach out and ask before I assume. I am not sure if we want a condo/townhome yet. Just considering options right now. But pool activities are important for my kids/teens.

I don't rem any scheduled activities, it's very nice, much smaller than wbc, 3 slides I think. Nice movie theatre, little store,1 big pool, game room, hot tub. All in 1 location. If you rent a townhome they have a little splash pool.

Thanks for the responses...poolside games/activities are a huge part of my vacation. I think it makes the vacation more enjoyable. We are planning a HUGE family vacation that will include about 20-25 of us. My family goes to Orlando every year. Others have either never been at all or haven't been in over 10 years. I suggested staying at my favorite resort Westgate while others suggested we rent 2 or 3 pool homes at Windsor Hills. I think Westgate Resorts have the BEST pool parties/activities/games. Westgate Vacation villas has 13-14 pools on property so there is always something going on daily. I don't think I will be happy at Windsor Hills. I'm sure it will be OK but something tells me I better stick with Westgate or Orange Lake. My family enjoys time at the resort and Orlando area. We don't always go to parks so onsite resort activities is necessary. In fact it keeps the kids/teens so occupied they ask to spend more time at resort than the parks. Saves a ton of money and they have memorable vacation experiences. Again, thanks for the response. I will suggest we stick with Westgate or Orange Lake where I can practically guarantee a GREAT vacation with or without park visits.

The vibe at WH is totally different then other resorts, very quiet and laid back, orange lake river area is crazy fun, even summer bay had pool activities at main bar, kids won prizes and a pirate-themed play splash area, there was a loud party at the wh pool when we were there and the staff did talk to them, they were loud though moving table and chairs right next to pool. never been to westgate but looks nice.

The vibe at WH is totally different then other resorts, very quiet and laid back, orange lake river area is crazy fun, even summer bay had pool activities at main bar, kids won prizes and a pirate-themed play splash area, there was a loud party at the wh pool when we were there and the staff did talk to them, they were loud though moving table and chairs right next to pool. never been to westgate but looks nice.
Thanks for verifying Windsor Hills lacks the fun other resorts enjoy. I know how much my family and I enjoy the fun and antics with pool parties and games. I am trying to get my novice family members to reconsider their decision to stay at Windsor Hills. For the family members going to the parks, they dont care about onsite activities. But for the many family members who are not visiting parks, they are going to need a more exciting resort stay than Windsor Hills offers.

But if you have kids that like constant activity, this may not be the place for you!
I also prefer poolside activities and pool parties. Orange Lake has a nice Glow party where they provide kids and adults glowing bracelets and necklaces to wear and everything glows in the dark while they play dance music. You can dance or swim or both. Its loads of fun. Thanks for the info...sounds like Windsor Hills is TOO RELAXING for me and my family. We like having fun on vacation more than sitting/laying in a chair next to a pool. We can do that at home. I will avoid private home communities they are just TOO laid back for us. The timeshare resorts are far more fun and entertaining.

I also prefer poolside activities and pool parties. Orange Lake has a nice Glow party where they provide kids and adults glowing bracelets and necklaces to wear and everything glows in the dark while they play dance music. You can dance or swim or both. Its loads of fun. Thanks for the info...sounds like Windsor Hills is TOO RELAXING for me and my family. We like having fun on vacation more than sitting/laying in a chair next to a pool. We can do that at home. I will avoid private home communities they are just TOO laid back for us. The timeshare resorts are far more fun and entertaining.

Sounds awful. We love quiet pools and relaxation when away from the noise and bustle of theme parks. We are going this summer...good to know we should stay away from the resorts you mentioned. Thank you!

I have made up my mind....I will stick to timeshare resorts. Private homes are NOT for me. I am going to try to talk my family out of it. If not, they can stay at Windsor Hills and I will stay at Westgate Vacation Villas/Town Center or Orange Lake Resort. Thanks everyone for your input. I am convinced I will not be happy at Windsor Hills. I need line dancing and pool parties and fun for my vacation. Windsor Hills and private home communities will be too dull for me.

There is a WH Guest group on Facebook: Windsor Hills Guests - Orlando Florida. It is monitored by the WH Owners group and WH Private Rentals in order to provide information real time. There are pool activities including music and a DJ on different days/times as well as a ping-pong table, sports activities, and a marketplace eatery that are open whenever the pool is open. The facebook group will have the most current calendar. Right now due to the governor's order, the pool is closed but will open back up when he lifts the order (which expires tomorrow.)

Stayed at WH in January, it was laid back and relaxed. Pool is awesome. We did have a negative experience in the splash pad as my daughter was injured, staff on site are not lifeguards nor are they trained in first aid. So basically you are on your own if injured, beautiful resort but staff and management are not supportive if an injury occurs on property. Would still go back as overall the resort is a great alternative to the Disney mayhem. Never saw any pool activities, just a band on site one day and music always playing.

We love WH for the exact reason you seem to dislike it! The Parks offer us all the hustle and bustle we need. We want a nice relaxing space to spend time with just our family, splash in our own pool, and hear calm and quite. I would hate a place that was too noisy or where people were always loitering around.

We stayed at Westgate our first Disney trip and we hated it! The rooms were really outdated and customer service was nowhere to be found. We promised never to stay there again and are so happy we found WH just down the street! I had once thought to try Orang lake, but if it’s anything like Westgate now I know to avoid! Thank for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter