Windsor Hills question

weluvdisneyx4

Mouseketeer
What site is best to use for rentals at Windsor Hills? I have used VRBO before and have been happy with them, but I was just wondering if there were any better ones?

TIA!

How large of a house are you looking for? We rented through www.vacationcentralflorida.com for our upcoming trip but he only has condos and townhomes in WH. If you want a single family home you will have to look elsewhere. Try googling Windsor Hills vacation rentals and you should find some options. I usually google reviews of the company I am planning to rent through as well.

Some people (I am one) have contacted owners through VRBO and then dealt with them directly to avoid their fees. There's a little risk taking there.

Are you looking for a condo or townhouse?

We are opened to any type of accommodations. The main things we want are 2-3 bedrooms, sleeping 4 people in 4 separate beds (pull out sofa could be o.k.) 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and washer/dryer. A private pool would be nice, but not necessary at all.

Are there any other things to be concerned about in a community like Windsor Hills? We owned at Westgate and are used to timeshares, but not just a gated community like Windsor Hills.

I have stayed at Windsor Hills three times. I love being in a gated community. The security guards are great! They are updating their pool and it should be complete in January. I have never had any concerns staying there. I really like the area.

We have always rented a 3 bedroom condo with 2 twins, a queen and a king. They have a washer/dryer and a kitchen. There are elevators if you stay on an upper floor. I have rented through Vacation Central Florida and ParkHopper Properties. Townhouses will cost more and for us the extra money wasn't worth it. They come with small splash pools and a garage.

Thanks for the advice and information. I wasn't happy with VRBO either with the added fees. I will try the websites listed.

Last edited:
We are staying at Windsor Hills for the first time next year, so I've done a lot of research. I feel like I looked at every property on vrbo/homeaway... I liked those sites for their photos and reviews, but the extra fees they charge are crazy.

www.windsorhillsrent.com and www.windsorhillsofficialrentals.com are sites that showcase properties, and link you to the owners' websites so that you can book directly. That's how I found the unit we decided on (a townhome). I e-mailed the owner a bunch of questions, and I was so impressed with their response time and the answers I received that I went ahead and booked directly. I also checked the website for their management company - booking through them would have cost me about $400 more.

Also, you mentioned you are used to timeshare properties... Windsor Hills is undergoing pretty extensive renovations to their community pool area. New water slides, new splash pad, enlarged hot tub... these might help it to be less of a transition from the "resort" feel you're used to.

We went through Florida Sun Vacation Homes for our 3 bedroom condo and had a great experience. We love Windsor Hills and I’m excited about the extensive pool renovation. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter