Wine & Dine 2019 Trip

VeronicaMarie

Mouseketeer
Hey All!

My first post on here. My best friend and I (along with her husband and my boyfriend) are planning a 10 day trip in November centered around the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. Originally was going to be Disney Princess Half but postponed due to unexpected obligations. I was in full planning mode for the Feb 2019 dates, and now can't believe I have to wait even longer! November 2019 feels like agggeees away.

Will be a third trip to DW before me. First trip to DWorld for Boyfriend so I want him to experience All.The.Things.

How do you handle the wait? I am a natural planner and organizer. I feel like I can get out of control sometimes and now with 1.5 years to go, I imagine I could have this trip planned down to the minute.
Tips on how to "chill" out and enjoy the wait instead of drive myself crazy? What do you do pre Disney trip?

i obsessively read these boards :) I would read trip reports of the W&D race later in the year, save your $ and decide which extras and upgrade you want to try and book (MVMCP, dessert parties, tours, photopass), which restaurants are a must do and which rides are a priority. Also since it is Food and Wine, look at this year's booths and menus and think about which ones you want to try. If you like to cook and feel adventurous try making either food and wine recipes or disney snacks.

i obsessively read these boards :) I would read trip reports of the W&D race later in the year, save your $ and decide which extras and upgrade you want to try and book (MVMCP, dessert parties, tours, photopass), which restaurants are a must do and which rides are a priority. Also since it is Food and Wine, look at this year's booths and menus and think about which ones you want to try. If you like to cook and feel adventurous try making either food and wine recipes or disney snacks.

I LOVE the idea of trying to make recipes that are Disney or F&W related. That is so much fun! Thanks :D. We have already picked out all of our must do's and upgrades and such from our original plan to go in Feb BUT now we get to add in extras like the Xmas party and F&W Festival so I think I may as well scratch the original and start over. Keep me occupied Ha Ha. I am really excited about going that time of year! Only ever been in Jan. & Feb. Fall and Christmas are my favorite <3. And I am a foodie so getting to experience F&W Festival is amazing. It's almost to good to be true!

Waiting is the hardest part! Even W&D 2018 seems like it is so far away! I have not found a great way to chill and enjoy the wait, but I would love to know how. Usually I spend months reading all sorts of info about everything I am interested in doing. I also drive my husband crazy talking about Disney. LOL

One thing that did help me with the wait for our last trip in January was training for the the WDW Half. For the length of the training program (16 weeks), my focus was more on being prepared for my first half than on obsessing about Disney and the wait. The training plan was also kind of a countdown to the trip for me.

Waiting is the hardest part! Even W&D 2018 seems like it is so far away! I have not found a great way to chill and enjoy the wait, but I would love to know how. Usually I spend months reading all sorts of info about everything I am interested in doing. I also drive my husband crazy talking about Disney. LOL

One thing that did help me with the wait for our last trip in January was training for the the WDW Half. For the length of the training program (16 weeks), my focus was more on being prepared for my first half than on obsessing about Disney and the wait. The training plan was also kind of a countdown to the trip for me.

Waiting is the hardest! Training is definitely a good distraction. I am taking the rest of the year off of running to recover from an IT injury and just give myself a break as it's not "fun" anymore. But going to start kicking things into gear January and carry that through till Wine and Dine 2019! If I think about it that way, it doesn't feel so far. And I think once the dates are announced, I will feel like its closer ha ha. Are you running Wine and Dine 2018?

Waiting is the hardest! Training is definitely a good distraction. I am taking the rest of the year off of running to recover from an IT injury and just give myself a break as it's not "fun" anymore. But going to start kicking things into gear January and carry that through till Wine and Dine 2019! If I think about it that way, it doesn't feel so far. And I think once the dates are announced, I will feel like its closer ha ha. Are you running Wine and Dine 2018?

Yes, my sister and I are signed up for the two course challenge. It will be our first runDisney challenge...both excited and nervous about that! :)

Yes, my sister and I are signed up for the two course challenge. It will be our first runDisney challenge...both excited and nervous about that! :)

Ooh awesome! I think the challenge is such a fun way to amp up a runDisney trip. Well "fun". I have only ever done the Princess Half in 2015. The experience was amazing. My run was utter horrible, but was my first half so. :) All the best with your training!!!!

Ooh awesome! I think the challenge is such a fun way to amp up a runDisney trip. Well "fun". I have only ever done the Princess Half in 2015. The experience was amazing. My run was utter horrible, but was my first half so. :) All the best with your training!!!!

You too!! Before you know it, it will be time to train for 2019!

First of all, make sure you get entered into the half before you get too wound up with planning. I've done it twice and one year it sold out in SEVEN MINUTES (I didn't get in!). Remember that you will be up for the run at O God Thirty in the morning, so don't plan heavily for the day before or the day of. While it is a great time of year to go, it is quite crowded. Not quite spring break level crowds, but close. Epcot is a ZOO on the weekends. Be realistic in your expectations. Rope Drop IS your best friend. Consider a midday break even though you are trying to fit *everything* in--accept that you won't and go with it!

The 5K has lenient time allowances, but the 10K and half (assuming both are offered) are STRICT with the 16mm pace. All the runDisney events are FABULOUS!

First of all, make sure you get entered into the half before you get too wound up with planning. I've done it twice and one year it sold out in SEVEN MINUTES (I didn't get in!). Remember that you will be up for the run at O God Thirty in the morning, so don't plan heavily for the day before or the day of. While it is a great time of year to go, it is quite crowded. Not quite spring break level crowds, but close. Epcot is a ZOO on the weekends. Be realistic in your expectations. Rope Drop IS your best friend. Consider a midday break even though you are trying to fit *everything* in--accept that you won't and go with it!

The 5K has lenient time allowances, but the 10K and half (assuming both are offered) are STRICT with the 16mm pace. All the runDisney events are FABULOUS!

Hii! Thanks for all your tips. I’ve ran Princess Half weekend before so familiar with the insane wake up call (so insane) and registration processes. (Hello refresh button haha) Pretty seasoned runner so not to worried about the time restraints
Ahh thanks for the reccomendation on rope drop. Been debating between that and mid day breaks vs late starts because we all love sleep ha.

Have you gone to the after party in prior years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!