Winn-Dixie Platters

FranP

The Music Teacher's Mom
Hi everyone - we will be going to OKW in November 2007 to celebrate our DD and DSIL's 10th anniversary with a vow renewal at Sea Breeze Point. We are planning to have some snacks and drinks the night before at OKW and were wondering if anyone had used Winn-Dixie on S. Apopka/Vineland to order platters like this. We were thinking of veggies with dip, cheese/crackers, shrimp and fruit, together with beer/wine/soda. Any past experience??? BTW, we will have about 20 people there.

Gee, no one's used Winn-Dixie? Anyone use any other supermarket/deli for platters like this?:confused3

We've always used Publix for the fruit platters and bakery cakes. We've been happy with those.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I know where the Winn-Dixie is, but the only Publix I know of is quite a distance away from OKW, almost near Celebration. Is there a closer one?

The Publix that we use is by the Queen of the Universe shrine.

I don't know road names, except you make a right coming out of Disney property onto Vineland Apopka road. Go under route 4 and after that you make a left into a service/mall road. There's a Bahama Breeze in the area, and you will go past the Marriott Village which will be on the left, and Queen of the Universe Shrine is on the right. The road turns to the right at Dixie Stampede, and another 1/8 of a mile on the left is the shopping center with the Publix.

It's not far, but you could hit traffic because of the outlets that are beteen the shrine and the Publix.

Winn Dixie is a well known chain, and I've shopped there for a few things, but I know the lay of the land at the Publix better and we really do enjoy their bakery Birthday cakes. I think you will be fine with platters at Winn Dixie, but I would try one before hand.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter