Winter blues...in need of a Mai Tai!

SingingMom

DIS Veteran
Ok, we've had our first snow of the season in New Jersey and I am in the middle of the winter blues, looking wistfully at our cruise pictures from July! Shy of booking another cruise at this moment (believe me, we are saving for another as we speak!!) does anyone have the recipe for those wonderful MAI TAI's they serve?? Didn't care for the Conch Coolers (or whatever they were called:D ) but I ADORED the Mai Tais!!:D

Anyone willing to bring some island sunshine to this snow depressed girl by sending the "secret recipe"?!:smooth:

I don't if this is "the" recipe, but it's served me well.....

Ingredients:
Juice of 1/6 Lime
1-1/2 oz very Dark rum
1-1/2 oz Light rum
3/4 oz Orange liqueur (triple sec)
Juice of 1/4 Orange
Juice of 1/4 Lemon
2 oz Pineapple juice
Sugar to taste
Mixing instructions:
Squeeze lime wedge in tall glass with ice. Add other ingredients. Sugar is optional.

lol - oh no!!!! I just swore off mai tai's!! way toooo many
Where is your nearest chinese restaurant? "The neighbor" and I met another DIS buddy the last time at the chinese restaurant. I cant take another one!!! Maybe in the spring!
Ahhhhhh ! Webmaster Alex, make it go away!!

Hey Dave, "IF I MAKE THEM WILL YOU COME??" :D

Paige - I'll try your recipe, but I just don't think it will be the same in front of the roaring fireplace in my flannel feetie pajamas and wool blanket. There's something to be said for the "island sun" and a smiling castmember serving your Mai Tai in a tall glass with a paper umbrella.

Then again, you CAN buy those paper umbrellas, even in NEW JERSEY!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter