Winter is here in Minnesota!

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
Well- here we are just a little over halfway through October, and we are buried in snow already - unbelievable... thank goodness we got the camper, horse trailer, and boat all moved into our arena yesterday. I think it’s going to be a loooooong winter ⛄

Good news- we are officially booked in a premium meadows site next year- arriving September 28th, and checking out October 17th! Now we just need Covid to GO AWAY!5681B087-41E1-427F-AB33-F772C6BF725D.jpeg95D29C22-4021-4EEB-A646-5A4568FA46EC.jpegF8319A3E-EE22-47B6-BE77-63A74EC04819.jpeg

Keep that white stuff up that way for awhile. I have work to be done yet here in the Northeast.

It’s worse now 😂 we got 5 inches last night, and we’re supposed to get 7 more inches tomorrow- it’s absolutely crazy! I just got home from town, and all the streets already have snow banks right down the middle where they’ve been plowed- if they don’t get them cleaned up by tomorrow, we’re going to have one heck of a mess!

Serenitygr, here I was fussing to myself yesterday about Home Depot already having their Christmas tree sale displays up and shelves are stocked with Christmas decorations and all the trimmings. But I guess it's starting to feel like Christmas some places (like your place) and we haven't even gotten to Halloween yet (or Thanksgiving).☃

Seriously, I guess all areas have their weather issues. Down here in the south we have to deal with tornados and hurricanes.

Bama Ed

Wow!! We will also be at the Fort for the anniversary (actually I think I'm the ring leader who started that haha. We were sitting around one morning working on the puzzle at the Fort last week and I told the group that reservations opened up so several of us booked.)

Sounds like we might end up with a small (non official) 2021 Meet at the Fort!

I think you are right, Arc.

We originally booked Sept 23-Oct 3, but I extended it to 2 full weeks, coming in on September 19 now. We'll see how things play out over the next 11 months. Our Europe trip has to cancel, but that is looking more likely. Then we will be in for Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge again and 2 weeks at the Fort.

Back on topic though.

It has been cool (50s) and raining this week, but tomorrow is going to be sunny and 80s. Friday? High around 60 near midnight then dropping all day.

No snow forecast yet, but it isn't far off.

j

OP, I had to laugh all through your posts! You see, I'm a Minnesotan too. We live way up North in the lake country. We have about 4 or 5 inches too. I keep singing that song, "Do you wanta build a snowman" to my husband, but so far, no he doesn't :rolleyes:. We usually get our first snowfall around Thanksgiving. This is crazy.
I'm dreaming of Florida alot lately and living through trip reports to Universal and WDW.

OP, I had to laugh all through your posts! You see, I'm a Minnesotan too. We live way up North in the lake country. We have about 4 or 5 inches too. I keep singing that song, "Do you wanta build a snowman" to my husband, but so far, no he doesn't :rolleyes:. We usually get our first snowfall around Thanksgiving. This is crazy.
I'm dreaming of Florida alot lately and living through trip reports to Universal and WDW.
What town do you live near? Maybe we’re close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!