Winter Olympics

LOL. Love watching curling. Especially amusing to me because curling was what my Aunts and Uncles started doing when they got older and retired. Never thought about young people curling.

I haven't watched the Olympics since the Harding/Kerrigan brouhaha, but I wish the USA the best except for that Vonn woman and that Rippon person. (Thanks for informing me!)

Last edited:

I used to be a maid. I hated sweeping the floor. Then I got on the Olympic curling team......

AS A SWEEPER!!!

USA! USA! Due to family connections we'll also be rooting for Denmark, Iceland, and Argentina! Argentina has never won a medal in the winter Olympics. This is their year!

I am excited for the opening ceremony to see what Korea has to show us. We have lived in Korea and have Korean relatives. :)

I haven't watched the Olympics since the Harding/Kerrigan brouhaha, but I wish the USA the best except for that Vonn woman.

Excited to see Lindsey Vonn ski, she is amazing... one of the all time greats on the slopes. I hope she takes gold in everything she enters....sad that so many nasty people are wishing horrible things to her because she has the nerve to voice an opinion. I get that folks may not agree with what she says or believes, but reading about online stories and comments (not DIS) that folks hope she breaks her neck.... not very nice.

Next up on the podium for the hate will be the skater Rippon...

Excited to see Lindsey Vonn ski, she is amazing... one of the all time greats on the slopes. I hope she takes gold in everything she enters....sad that so many nasty people are wishing horrible things to her because she has the nerve to voice an opinion. I get that folks may not agree with what she says or believes, but reading about online stories and comments (not DIS) that folks hope she breaks her neck.... not very nice.

Just saw a news story about him this morning. Sadly, I think you are correct. :sad2:

Three more sports were on the docket today. Mixed curling had draw number 2 and the team event for figure skating started as well as the ski jump qualification round.

Couldn't tune in at 5:30 this morning for the curling, but we enjoyed watching last night. Surprised the Canadians finished that far behind the Norwegians last night when the entire match was so incredibly close. Mixed doubles definitely is a volatile game.

Couldn't tune in at 5:30 this morning for the curling, but we enjoyed watching last night. Surprised the Canadians finished that far behind the Norwegians last night when the entire match was so incredibly close. Mixed doubles definitely is a volatile game.

Things can change pretty fast in mixed curling. The Norwegians are the 3rd ranked team in the world. The two Canadians are two of the top curlers in the world but only got together at the Canadian trials. John Morris' partner was supposed to be Rachel Homan but her team won the women's trials so she couldn't do both.

Things can change pretty fast in mixed curling. The Norwegians are the 3rd ranked team in the world. The two Canadians are two of the top curlers in the world but only got together at the Canadian trials. John Morris' partner was supposed to be Rachel Homan but her team won the women's trials so she couldn't do both.

We enjoyed watching the Canadian trials a few weeks back and getting used to the concept of mixed doubles. Morris & Lawes are doing great considering they've only been together for a little over a month -- especially when you consider they're both adapting to a version of the game where their duties expanded so much while they've got to quickly work out a comfort level and style of communication. Mixed doubles has really won us over.

If so it won't be for the reason you think. It will be because that he was selected how he was. His finish makes him a controversial choice. Not his sexual orientation.

If so it won't be for the reason you think. It will be because that he was selected how he was. His finish makes him a controversial choice. Not his sexual orientation.
?
Really don't understand what you mean... He selected how he was? His finish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!