• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter Settlers thoughts

house_of_princesses

<font color=FF66FF>Has a multitude of DIS friends
Well, I'd love to take advantage of this promo. My DH on the other hand would rather head to Marco Island (my folks have a home there) and fish, beach, boat. We are compromising; 1 wk Marco, 1 wk FW. Well, we have 4 Dd's. Guess where they want to go?! :D How could we stay at FW for the 21 days, yet fill my DH's wishes of fishing and beaching? He says a trip to WDW is work. My thought is if we're staying there 21 days, we'd be at a more relaxed pace. Mind you, he's not opposed to WDW, but just doesn't get as excited as me. (I'd just assume come here to the boards and share my enthusiasm than discuss it with him. :rolleyes: ) What say you? How to fulfill his wish and my dream? :D

Personally, I'd rather spend my whole vacation at one place. It seems to me it's more work to pack up and move half way through. No matter how long you stay, you only have to set up once and tear down once. Staying 21 days at FW means a bigger rest in between these two jobs!

:D

We have stayed as long as 40 days consecutively at FW in the past (although the last 2 years we have stayed within the 14-20 day range) ..... and loved it. Although we found 40 days to be a bit long, a 20-30 day trip would be ideal. We also have 3 daughters that all love FW and WDW. If you look at FW as nothing more than a really great campground, it is really not hard to stay for a long period of time. We have AP's, so going in the park is something that is done with much irregularity ..... some days we go, some we don't. My husband has done a lot of canal fishing while on our longer trips to FW. He also has done surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon, Richard Petty's Driving School and on the last trip purchased the family boat plan (this allowed him/girls to take out boats at any time during a 7 day period for $199). It seems to me that it would be harder to pick up and move to Marco Island than it would be to just stay at FW and enjoy yourself. An ideal vacation day for us is sleeping in late, going to the pool, coming back to the RV for a late lunch and then perhaps out to the parks for an hour or two. Good luck in convincing your husband ...... I'm sure he would not be sorry!

Thanks for the feedback! The set up/take down only once argument may work! Of course, he may say "Great! We'll set up and take down once in Marco!" FW canal fishing just isn't the same as off the boat, a 1/2 mile off shore. :rolleyes: I hope to discuss this tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! :D

Family boat plan???????? Is this a new one or have i overlooked it somehow ? Please tell me more.Thanks in advance.

Family boat plan???????? Is this a new one or have i overlooked it somehow ? Please tell me more.

I beleive it is called the Captains Plan. For $199.00 you have seven days of access to up to 4 mouse sprites, a pontoon boat, bikes for any length of time. You just can't pick up at FW and park at GF for lunch type of thing. It's a great deal if you're going to be doing a lot of boat type things! :D

:) Thanks for the info ,i have never heard of this!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter