• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter weekend in Wilderness cabin?

jtjarvis

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi there! Have a question for you experienced Disney and FW'ers--we plan to visit Disney early 2004, probably just over a weekend (we want to concentrate on Magic Kingdom for our boys ages 4 and 6 for a first family excursion, and can't take 6-yr-old out of school for long). We definitely want FW and love the cabin possibility. My question is: when given a choice between, say, early Feb. (or Value Time) or early March, how would you choose, both considering FW and MK? Is going in Jan. or Feb. worth the possible chill (even Fla.-style) so you can have an easier time getting around with younger ones? And we want the fun of the campground. Thanks so much! JJ

I would go for Jan or Feb, but avoid Presidents week if possible. Gets very busy then. The temps are a bit nippy and swimming may not be possible, but the low crowds and ease of navigation at MK make it worthwhile to me.

:cool:

Thanks for your reply—helps a lot to overwhelmed newbies! I think we will try winter for this quick trip. In future would like to do real camping! (tho not in winter perhaps)
JJ

The first time we carried our DD(who was 4 at the time) we went the first week of March. The weather was beautiful. Warm enough for shorts during the day and only a light jacket in the evenings. The crowds were almost non=existant. I don't think we actually stood in line for a single ride. It was great!!!!!!
If we could we would go either in March or September now!
But like you said, we can't take the kids out of school for any length of time!!!!!

Have fun whenever you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter