Wire Framed Disney Topairy Need Help!!!

nicolesmom

Mouseketeer
Did anyone purchase the wire framed formed Disney character (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goffey, Pluto) topairy's from Disney shopping last year. I need to know what type of ivy I should use on the forms or what other plants etc. I've never done any gardening before. But thought it would be a good idea to start a Disney garden that me and my 5 year old daughter can watch grow together.

If you did purchase them and have any pictures please post them I would love to see them.

mine have been sitting outside for a year with nothing in them, but I can tell you what I plan on doing lol. We had a really bad drought last year and everything in the yard died so I didn't see the sense in killing more plants. I'm going to use whatever climbing vines i can find, preferably flowering ones. I want to be able to move the frame so I'm not planting in the ground under the frame. I'm using mulch in the base of the frame and putting the plants in that. If it won't stay in the frame, I'll use something like fishing line and string it back and forth to help hold the mulch/soil in. Check with your local garden center or Lowe's, they should be able to tell you what will do well in your area and what needs shade/full-sun.

Thanks for your reply. I will consider the mulch idea sounds like a much faster result. I am going to take one of the topairy's to a garden nursery to see what they say. I am also worried about someone stealing them. We considered placing them on a chain and anchoring them to a post, hiding the chain of course but that still worries us because if someone really wants it
they will only come back and cut the thin wire releasing the topairy. So we are going to dig a deep enough hole fill it with cement and anchor the post that came with the topairy. I bought all five of them. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goffey and Pluto. I live in a rancher so I am placing them all around the house. We are doing a entire disney theme. Bambi bird bath, Mickey stepping stones, disney lawn ornaments etc.
Thanks again for your response keep them coming.

we live in the middle of no where so we don't have to worry about anyone stealing them lol! I didn't want to put them in permenantly in case I decided to move them. I also bought all 5. We live near the catalog distribution center in SC and they sell alot of returns very cheap.

I think I read somewhere on the boards that people were having problems with the stepping stones cracking in the winter if they were left outside. You might have to store them inside if you live in an area that goes below freezing in the winter.

Thanks for the tip on the stepping stones won't take the chance and leave
them outside. Yes we do live in an area that sometimes goes below freezing in the winter . I didn't know about the warehouse distribution center in SC Give me the scoop on this one please. I am also re-doing my 5 yr old daughters room in Disney Princess's of course. I am going to order the carriage bed from Rooms To Go but the S&H fee is half the cost of the bed.
Big rip of there but she has her heart set on it. Now I have to save for the
S&H to Maryland. What's else is a mom to do?

all the catalog merchandise is shipped from Jonesville, SC. They have a small store attached to the plant where they sell stuff that's been returned. Their prices are good but you never know what they'll have. The Ebayer's will line up at 8 so they can be first in the store when it opens at 10. They grab everything that can be mailed and the rest of us get the left overs. I get all the kids Halloween costumes there for no more then $10-15 while they're selling for up to $120 in the malls. I also got 2 stained glass lamps, one floor, one table, for about $40 each, and kid's character table lamps for $10-15. You just have to look at the stuff close to make sure it's not broken or missing parts. They're open Tues/Thurs/Fri from 10-4. They used to be open 2 Sat. a month but I think they stopped that.

Thanks for the scoop if I can get there I will definitly check it out. Your lucky to be so close. Sounds like you got some great bargains.

it's hit or miss. Sometimes they have alot, other times I've driven 45 min to find they've got nothing in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter