WISH Team Who??? (Doctor Who quip) :) ... All are welcome :)

Choice of Name

• The Apprentices

• Walt's Runners

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi EVERYONE!!!
YEAH! another Disney Marathon weekend in the books!

I ran the 1/2 with my hubby and came in about 10 minutes under last year.. I wanted to be under 2:30, but we came in around 2:43.. he was sick. His tummy was really acting up.. so we did the best we could.

This was his first Disney run and if you can believe this HE convinced me to come back next year and go GOOFY!!! :scared1: I was planning on running the full.. but why the heck not right!

Shannon! you are awesome! congrats on your first full!!

Matt - you ran this past weekend correct?

Kim - Hawaii sounds awesome!!!!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful New Years!!! Here is a link to about 300 pictures I took of this weekend if you are interested! lol

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150520058629176.396025.684914175&type=3&l=612de9d046

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150520065729176.396027.684914175&type=1&l=f2799c327e

Disneybound: Congratulations! I'm glad you and your hubby pushed through and got it done even though he was sick. I agree that you should go for Goofy next year. I did it without ever having run a full before and I not only survived, but felt like I did great. Great pics.

Kim: Beautiful pics and now I'm really feeling bad about our 20 degrees! :laughing: Thanks for the encouragement.

Matt: How was the race? Did your plan work?

I think I have to give up on the ultra this year. I felt better, tried running and lasted all of 1 minute before the pain came back. There's just not enough time to start over in my training. So, my son and I have come up with a new plan. We're going to run a 10k together that weekend instead, which is about all I'll probably be capable of. My son really wants to do a half at Disneyworld, so we'll just plan for 2014, I guess, since he has to be 14 first. Then, I'll just do the full so I can go Goofy again, I hope.

I ran the 1/2 with my hubby and came in about 10 minutes under last year.. I wanted to be under 2:30, but we came in around 2:43..

Leigh, congrats on a great race. Loved your pictures! :goodvibes

Kim: Beautiful pics and now I'm really feeling bad about our 20 degrees! :laughing: Thanks for the encouragement.

I think I have to give up on the ultra this year. I felt better, tried running and lasted all of 1 minute before the pain came back. There's just not enough time to start over in my training. So, my son and I have come up with a new plan. We're going to run a 10k together that weekend instead, which is about all I'll probably be capable of. My son really wants to do a half at Disneyworld, so we'll just plan for 2014, I guess, since he has to be 14 first. Then, I'll just do the full so I can go Goofy again, I hope.

Completely understand you on the weather! I felt the same way when I got back and went out that weekend. Just not the same! Sorry about the ultra, but at least you have plans for the 10K so you'll have something else to focus on instead.

As for me... I've had dead legs for the past 2 weeks, was supposed to get 15 in on Monday, but only did 10 and had to walk most of it. :sad2: They just feel so heavy, like lead. So haven't run since then, and don't know whether or not I'm going to next week before the Tink 1/2 next weekend. But I've been going to the gym for cardio, so it won't be that bad. I'm hoping that after a week and 1/2 off, my legs will feel better.

But on a happier note, w/ Tink going on next weekend... it's down to DL next week! I fly down on Friday morning and the back on Monday night, so I'll have 4 days to play. Plus, this will be my 1st flight down to DL, I'm so excited!

Congrats everyone - just catching up.

Disney 3:23
Houston 3:39

Still dealing with the hip flexor thing. Work has stolen my soul recently. Race Reports/updates to come.

Who's in for next year !?

Who's in for next year !?

Great runs Matt! I going down next year for Goofy. It'll definitely be easy run weekends, b/c they changed the Tinkerbell 1/2 and w/ the weird dates for WDW, I get to do both in the course of a week. So definitely a bunch of Disney on the middle of next January, but at least C2C will be over right away! How are the AP discounts for the hotels that weekend? I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my AP to the Premier if they're good enough.

Tink was great, the mostly different course was a nice change for the DL 1/2. Can't wait for Sept when all the construction will be done and we can run in California Adventures w/ the new entrance and land.

Hope everbody's doing well!

Kim: Great to hear you enjoyed Tink. You'll be super busy next January, but it'll be worth it, for sure.

Matt: Great times, as usual. It's funny how your times with an injury are my dream times! :lmao: Of course, I'm an almost 42 year old woman, so it's a little different.

AFM: I would LOVE to be there next January. I want to do Goofy again and beat my times. But, my son will only be 13, and I really want him to run the half with me. so, I may wait another year. We'll see. I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks this summer, so a lot is going to depend on how much we spend on that.

I have run 3 times this week. Of course, I've only managed 4ish miles total, but they've been painfree and fast. School's going great, and I'm still losing weight. Only 7 pounds to go! So, can't really complain about anything right now!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM: I would LOVE to be there next January. I want to do Goofy again and beat my times. But, my son will only be 13, and I really want him to run the half with me. so, I may wait another year. We'll see. I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks this summer, so a lot is going to depend on how much we spend on that.

I have run 3 times this week. Of course, I've only managed 4ish miles total, but they've been painfree and fast. School's going great, and I'm still losing weight. Only 7 pounds to go! So, can't really complain about anything right now!

Is 14 the lowest age or can he do it at 13 w/ your permission? Europe sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to go and just go backpacking and train riding all over. Congrats on the running and weight loss!!

Any princesses out there!?!?!?! Good luck if you're running. So I'm randomly going to be in Disney 2nd week of March - my wife has a conference down there so I'm going to tag along :). She works, I play. Fair deal I think.

As for running, let's just say I've taken quite a lazy winter. Going to be trying to get back on the wagon soon. How has everyone else been holding up?

rubato - congrats on the pain free miles, I have a few of them here and there, I have to learn to start slowly and not overdo it.

Trying to get ready for the LA Marathon in 3 weeks. I say trying, b/c I'm not at all. I have bursitis in my hip, so running has not been fun at all. Only been out a couple of times since Tink last month. But I've keep cardio up and they have a good time limit so I'm going to try and still do it. We'll see. Kinda of slow on the planning racewise, waiting to see how NYC plays out b/c I know that one is going to be pricey especially w/ WDW close after in Jan.

Have fun in Disney!!

Any princesses out there!?!?!?! Good luck if you're running. So I'm randomly going to be in Disney 2nd week of March - my wife has a conference down there so I'm going to tag along :). She works, I play. Fair deal I think.

As for running, let's just say I've taken quite a lazy winter. Going to be trying to get back on the wagon soon. How has everyone else been holding up?

rubato - congrats on the pain free miles, I have a few of them here and there, I have to learn to start slowly and not overdo it.

I did the Princess last weekend! Total anti-PR as we were with a sick friend, but it was a lot of fun. This was my third Princess.

I will say, I think that Disney is giving less for more money as each year passes. Less course entertainment, cop-out white tech shirt, and no swag bag at all.

I will say, I think that Disney is giving less for more money as each year passes. Less course entertainment, cop-out white tech shirt, and no swag bag at all.

I kinda agree w/ you there. For Tink, I exchanged my women's cut shirt for the men's cut so not sure if it happened w/ the women's as well, but you could see the square decal w/ the logo on the front. The bag was just the plastic bag, there was an "online" goody bag but it was more ads than anything. We did get mylar blankets although we didn't need them. There were a lot of stuff along the course, but race stuff I agree. I always see people from the Marathon Weekend in '10 and before w/ the nice blue mesh backpacks and am jealous. Even w/ the DL 1/2 a couple of years ago we got disposable cameras, gu shots, a little oil & vinegar and now, nothing.

I LOVE my mesh backpack, but seeing as we havent gotten another one, I use it VERY sparingly. They werent really the best of quality, but still it was an awesome perk. OK enough of the jealousy.

Just signed up for ToT 10 miler. Here's to hoping that one is run well.

Hi team.

Matt: I wish I could do that race, but it's just bad timing for me. Sounds like fun though.

Kim: I never looked into waiving his age with permission, but I may have to. I'd love to go this year.
How's the hip feeling? I hate running injured, since I've been that way for 6 months, but it's good that you're keeping the fitness up with other things. Do you think you'll have to deal with much pain during the race?

Kat: Congrats on the race! Sorry the goodies were a disappointment. I was disappointed with my Goofy bag too. I got a lot of useless stuff, not much else. And, I really am disappointed in my tech shirts. They snag on everything and are then ruined. Oh well.

I am still dealing with nagging injuries. I wanted to get 6 miles in today, but quit at 3 due to ITband. It stinks! Plus, my calf is still tight and it's been over 6 months. I've rolling it out all the time, but I just think it's scar tissue from the tear. All I can do is keep pushing.

Um..
Can I join? The title alone combines my 3 favorite things ever: Running, Disney, and Doctor Who.

I'm a 6th grade teacher in Houston who trained really seriously for 2 years (4 fulls and 5 1/2's in those PRs of 3:58 full and 1:40 half) and then took some time off when I relocated (to Houston) this summer and fall. I just did another half and missed Disney this year, but will be going back for the ToT 10 miler and 2013 half. Hoping to be back in PR shape by those two.

Best,
Jen

Absolutely. Welcome! Matt even lives in Houston, I think. With that kind of experience, I'm sure you'll be right back in there.

How's the hip feeling? I hate running injured, since I've been that way for 6 months, but it's good that you're keeping the fitness up with other things. Do you think you'll have to deal with much pain during the race?

I am still dealing with nagging injuries. I wanted to get 6 miles in today, but quit at 3 due to ITband. It stinks! Plus, my calf is still tight and it's been over 6 months. I've rolling it out all the time, but I just think it's scar tissue from the tear. All I can do is keep pushing.

Sorry about the IT and calf Tandy!! As for the calf, I know how you feel. In high school I tore my rotator cuff in a swim meet and it took a long time to work out the scar tissue. But it will get better! :hug:

As for me and my hip, I think LA is out. Like you, I tried to get in 5 last Friday and had to walk the last 1 1/2 mile home b/c it hurt. The problem is that it gets irriated w/ each hip movement. I could make it through a 1/2, but 26 would be too much and too long if I had to walk most of it. So right now no running for a couple of weeks, but I'll go to the gym and get on the bike so it won't be too bad when I start back up again. The good thing is that my race schedule is really light so far b/c NY is not getting announced until a little later this year, but that might be a good thing.

Um..
Can I join? The title alone combines my 3 favorite things ever: Running, Disney, and Doctor Who. Jen

Hi Jen!!!

In the 7 years that I've been running, I've never had dreams about any races. But I had 1 about reg for Marathon Weekend 2 weeks ago and then last night I had 2 back to back! 1st one I took the shuttle the start for the 1/2 and realized I forgot my sports bra and had to go back to the hotel. Bad thing was that it was 5:30 and I had to get to the hotel and back before my wave started. Then in my 2nd one, I finished the 1/2 and went to MK for the morning and someone spiked my Mac & Cheese and I was drunk. I was freaking out how I was going to finish the marathon to get my Goofy medal. :rotfl2: I think it was b/c my travel book came in the mail and I was looking through it. Well... I hope it was that otherwise it's going to be a long 9 months!! :hyper:

No race this weekend. :sad2: I just can't go 26 miles; I haven't even been out the past 2-3 weeks. And I don't know why, but missing this race has really gotten to me. I missed a race before, but this one is really hard to take for some reason. And it seems like everytime I turn on tv, this past week, I've seen an image of Capital Records, which is along the route, or the Honda CRV commercial w/ the girl at the end of the race and it's like a knife in my heart every time. I keep telling myself I'll do it next year, but it's not working. So we'll see.

Since I already have the hotel reservation, my dad is taking my bib and running it. It's probably not the best thing going down w/ him, but I really love Santa Monica and that's where the hotel is. And if he finishes early enough, I'm hoping to pop into DL for a couple of hours in the afternoon, before we head home. If we can, I'll be able to upgrade for AP for the Premier for WDW in January. So that will be a good thing.

Sorry for being a downer. Hope everyone is good!! :goodvibes

I've also fallen off the workout wagon, time to start getting back on. Injury has really limited my running, my longest runs are maybe 8-10 miles. Plus with all the work travel, ugh. Def up 10 lbs. Going to start biking and rowing more in hopes of getting some fitness back.

Kim-I'm so sorry you couldnt do the race. But you'll be through that injury soon !!! (Thats what I keep having to tell myself).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter