With no Osborne lights this year, what will you do?

FloridaCat

<font color=blue>WL Vet<br><font color=red>Wild Wa
It has been an almost family tradition to go down to see the Osborne Lights, Cancelled this year, so what will you do to get into the spirit of the season?

I had planned two days at MGM, but with no Osborne lights and no announcement to date for any holiday doings at MGM, I have booked a room onsite at Universal for two days and will go to the Macy's parade at Universal Studios and check out Grinchmas and Whoville at Islands of Adventure.

Then I'll move over to BWV and do CP and probably be at Epcot on NYE.

This is our itinerary for our vacation in December. We have a few things to get us in the holiday mood. Mickey

We arrive in rural Florida on Thursday the 11th.
We will stay with family for 3 nights. There will be an early Christmas celebration from what I understand.

Saturday 13th
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian @ 4:30 pm.
This is a special treat for my mother outlaw. With all the Christmas decorations, it's bound to be festive.

December 14th Sunday
Check into Pop Century!!!
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 5:00 pm
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party #1

December 15th Monday
Sleep Late
Epcot
Brunch at the Electric Umbrella
Try to ride M:S/TT/SE
See the Santas and Storytellers around the World Showcase
Dinner at Rose & Crown at 7:30 pm
See Illuminations!

December 16th Tuesday
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Flame Tree/Tusker House/Pizzafari (?)
Do all the Shows & Dinos Area
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe
Hop to Downtown Disney
Check out PI

December 17th Wednesday
Disney Studios/MGM
Brunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
WolfGang Puck Express for Dinner
DTD AMC Theater Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

December 18th Thursday
Animal Kingdom leave at 3:00 pm
Lunch Pizzafari/Tusker House/Flame Tree (?)
Hop to Epcot
Dinner at Le Cellier 4:50 pm
Candlelight Processional Show at 8:15 pm
Edward James Olmos is our narrator.

December 19th Friday
Sleep Late
DTD Shopping
Rainforest Cafe for Lunch
Dinner at Chef Mickey's 5:00 pm
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party #2

December 20th Saturday
Sleep Late
Epcot until 6:00 pm
Lunch at Italy/China/Canada/UK (?)
Dinner Sunshine Season Food Fair
Hop Monorail to Contemporary
Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise

December 21st Sunday
Drive Home.

December 22nd Monday
A day to recover before the real world totally reinvades our lives.

I'm still going to WDW Dec 7-17 and will go see all of the hotel decorations besides the stuff in the parks.

BUT - since I have now retired and moved to Arkansas - the original home of the Osbourne lights - I will definitely make a point of going to see all of the other lights he has put across Arkansas. I'm going to Memphis to see the Lion King in December and maybe I'll go see the Osbourne decorations that are at Graceland.

Go visit the resorts, go to Downtown Disney and shop, go to the Candlelight Processional, and go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. There is so much to do, anyway, that I can miss it for one year.

we always toured the resorts for the gingerbread house competitions, but they are almost non-existent as well these days. :rolleyes:

I will certainly miss the Osbornes, a Christmas tradition at WDW for sure, but they never took more than an hour maybe two, so my time there really won't be any different than in years past. A most beautiful time it is.

Lot of good suggestions, thanks for the input.
When you are from IL with the seasons and live here where you can only tell the time of year by the temp, Osborne Lights were special to get you into the mood. We have done MVMCP several times. We have decided to check out the resorts, plus this gives us a reason to have dinner at WL. The Christmas season is my favorite time at MGM & MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter