WL awesome upgrade

bigfanofdisney

Earning My Ears
I was confirmed at POFQ at $99 (water view) on the AEG (FL res rate) for 5/23-27.

Here is my timeline and story:

-called last week to see about upgrade and was told rate code for upgrades was not available yet and to call back first of this week.
-called yesterday and was told codes were not in system yet
-called this morning and was put on a list to be called back as soon as rates were posted today.
-got call back about an hour later and went through the options, of which none were acceptable. best one was YC for $170 a night.

this is where I got disappointed...

this nice-at-the-beginning-of-the-conversation CM became rather rude and ultimately told me that if I didn't like the options I could always cancel the reservation! so at this point I did nothing.

-called back this evening, explained the way I was treated this morning, which was met with being profusely apologized to over and over (what I expected). anyway, was offered BC at a reduced upgrade rate and asked for WL (which is where we wanted to stay anyway). after being on hold so this professional and well "Disney-trained" CM could price WL, she came back and told me she could do it for $442 total. A WHOLE $11 per night MORE!!
-my wife was elated, as am I.

I know my post is long, but it has a point...call back as many times as it takes to get what you want!
:jester:

Congratulations!!! What a super rate.........

Of course you'll have to let us all know how your stay went!

My rate was not that good...but i was able to upgrade to WL. We are going 6-27 thru 7-4...i guess thats more of a busy time..

My overall cost to go from PO to WL was $22 a night... I dont think I had a code for a special rate...I had intially got my res thru the disney club...

I notice a lot of people on this board have a lot of low rates, but I never was able to get them..my rate is about 170 a night with tax included....

I was glad to get WL... I was offered AKL, but we didnt want to be so far away from stuff...just wish the rate would have been a little better..

turbodisney,
you should be able to get WL for $155 a night using the current codes. It has been my experience that Disney Club still can't match the code rates. Ask for code AEA or AEF. Now that rate is a standard room. Your rate may be better if you have an upgraded view also.

Congrats to you and welcome to the DIS boards!! :)

Thanks Ratpack,

My total rate is like $175 per night, including tax. This was the upgrade I got for my PO reservation.

We have stayed at the WL a couple of times. I would like to get a room in the concierge this year, since its my 25th wedding anniversary... Do you know if its possible to get a discount to that as well or could I possibly get something the day I check in...

I know it will cost more for it, but does it always cost double?

Have you ever got a discount for concierge?

thanks

turbodisney....

QUOTE]Originally posted by turbodisney

My total rate is like $175 per night, including tax. This was the upgrade I got for my PO reservation.

We have stayed at the WL a couple of times. I would like to get a room in the concierge this year, since its my 25th wedding anniversary... Do you know if its possible to get a discount to that as well or could I possibly get something the day I check in...

[/QUOTE]

You really should be able to get a better price than $175 for WL using a code of some kind. As far as concierge goes...when you're booking a reservation, concierge isn't like an "add on". You can book a standard view, woodsview, courtyard or concierge. It's not like you book a standard, then add on concierge. Once you have a reservation and decide to switch to concierge, they just change your reservation the same way they would if you had a standard room and wanted to change to a courtyard view. If there is availability with a code, concierge will be discounted just like a standard view is. In fact, it's been my experience that when I check availability with codes the most expensive views and concierge are sometimes all that's left. I hope that makes sense!

These are the current codes I've seen on mousesavers. She doesn't list all the room types, but that doesn't mean they aren't available with this code.

Wilderness Lodge - $139 standard, $154 woods view- code:AEA or AEF
**Book by 4/26**

I would do as ratpack suggested...try these codes and see what's available. I'm not involved with the POFQ upgrades, but I know that no matter what they gave you as a rate, if you find a better rate you can certainly change your reservation.

Sorry this is so long, I tried to figure out a shorter way to say all this, but just couldn't!;)

Thanks Peachgirl...

I called again and was told that this was the best price I could get...

It wasn't a bad rate, but just reading things on this board, I was hoping to improve the price. I couldnt get the $136 rate.

I will just try again in a week or so and see if other codes come out that might improve it. The CM was nice on the phone, but I never know if they have all the details or to what extent they can make changes.

Also, your previous message was not to long. Thanks for taking the time to post.

No problem. Those codes have been out a while, I guess it's not surprising that they're booked. Who know's about AP rates, but after these expire towards the end of this month, they should be putting out some more public codes. Let's hope!

Where on this board will you find the lastest codes when they come out?

Does anyone think any new AP codes will be better than the upgrades due to the PO closing?

Thanks

Trust me, if codes come out, you'll find it posted right here on the resorts board. :) You can also watch mousesavers, that's where most on this site get their code information from. The Disneyworld site itself currently has a special rate, but it's just about what your paying now, $171 for WL, woodsview.

The links for mousesavers and WDW are these:

http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/index

For most of the upgrades, there's not a code anywhere that's going to come close. For the rate you're paying, if the AP codes do come out, I would expect them to be better. There may be some public codes issued when this last batch expire towards the end of this month too. There's a lot of people watching for their release!

It seems to me the reason your rate is higher than most is that you must've been paying rack rate or close to it for POFQ, then you uprgraded to the least expensive deluxe. Your rate isn't awful, as I said, it's as good as the current code offer from WDW. It's just not as good as those who had a really cheap rate to begin with at POFQ.

Anyway, just keep checking this board and mousesavers..if anything pops up, you'll know about it. Good Luck!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter