WOC Dining Package or Dessert Party?

cruisehopeful quick question. When you were the party of 3, did you get your own table?
Yes, we had our own table. Oddly, they didn't let us choose a table, not even a choice between high and low. We had a high table in the back row which is what I would have chosen if given a choice.

When I did the party as a party of 2 a few months prior, I was asked if I wanted a high or low table. I requested high and was seated with another couple which was fine.

My friend and I did the dessert party 2 nights ago on Wed and really enjoyed it. We ended up at a tall table at the rail and initially thought there would be 2 others join us, but then the server came by and said the last party canceled so we would have the table to ourselves and could spread out a little. We showed up about a 1/2 hour early just because we were ready to sit down and relax, but they hadn't started the check in process yet. It turns out there was truly no reason to show up early. It was a very pleasant experience and we really enjoyed all that was offered. I especially appreciated the hot chocolate and hot tea since it was a little chilly that night and the wind was blowing the mist right over to us.

We were glad we did it!

If you are given a table and leave when you come back is that still your table or do they clean up and reassign?

Also what if they want another adult beverage? Do they sell there? Can they go buy and bring back?

I just booked dd and bf for 6/18. I figured a Sunday night busy at the parks and she really wants to see this.

If you are given a table and leave when you come back is that still your table or do they clean up and reassign?

Also what if they want another adult beverage? Do they sell there? Can they go buy and bring back?

I just booked dd and bf for 6/18. I figured a Sunday night busy at the parks and she really wants to see this.
Each table is reserved for just one party each show. So, no, they won't clean up and reassign. As for leaving to acquire additional adult beverages, yes, you can if you wish, just as you can leave for the bathroom if you need to. Just tell your server.

We each got two adult beverages when we went last summer. I have done both the dining package and the dessert party, I would hands down do the dessert party again.

Absolutely Dessert Party. We went last weekend and being from the East Coast, probably our only DCA trip for awhile. I hestitated to spend the money, but really wanted to be able to sit down and actually see WOC and not spend hours in a line. It was completely worth it! I agree with the other posters that the desserts were not great, but I wasn't paying for the desert I was paying for the view and convenience. The parties of five I saw did not have to separate, in fact we were a group of two and were put with another group of three at a hightop. The hot chocolate it was very good.

You can do that, but it may be better to just buy before and carry with you when you check in. I'm only saying that because there are so many people crowded around everywhere to watch WOC outside of the dessert party. It just seems like it is more convenient to come with drink in hand already.
We each got two adult beverages when we went last summer.
In December, I ordered the blue drink and they gave me 2. In March, I had the sparkling wine and asked for a second and was told it was only one per person. I didn't know if things changed over time or if it specifically the drink that made the difference in how many we could have.

[
You can do that, but it may be better to just buy before and carry with you when you check in. I'm only saying that because there are so many people crowded around everywhere to watch WOC outside of the dessert party. It just seems like it is more convenient to come with drink in hand already.

In December, I ordered the blue drink and they gave me 2. In March, I had the sparkling wine and asked for a second and was told it was only one per person. I didn't know if things changed over time or if it specifically the drink that made the difference in how many we could have.

Good idea! I'll tell them.

I prefer fp it I was getting the yellow section then going into the splashzone area get as far as u can go to the center and your in the front row only thing in front of u is water

They do not sell additional adult beverages at the Dessert Party. You might be able to get a second for free (we did) or you could bring your own. But they don't sell them at all ... since everything is paid for up front, the servers don't carry cash or have any other way for you to pay for a second drink.

Actually that's a good idea to bring your own; I may do that next time! The cocktail-type drink they serve is super sweet and if it contains any actual alcohol, I couldn't taste it.

Hmm. We did it in March, also, and got two beverages.

Adult beverages are either sparkling wine (it's a very small flute) or their signature WOC drink, which is some sort of blue drink made with coconut rum and is very sweet. Also available are hot chocolate, water, and sodas. Kids 12 and under get the World of Color glowing sipper. Although I didn't see it listed on the menu, they also had hot tea and iced tea while we were there. The hot tea was very good because it gets chilly sitting by the water even in the summer.

Here's the link to the Disney food blog article about it. Has some good photos.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...dessert-party-in-disney-california-adventure/

Is the World of Color glowing sipper an extra charge or do they just give it to the kids? I am wondering if I can request one for my DD who is over 12

Is the World of Color glowing sipper an extra charge or do they just give it to the kids? I am wondering if I can request one for my DD who is over 12
They just give it to the kids - it doesn't cost anything extra with the Dessert Party.

It's free but they may or may not give it to someone who is obviously over 12. They gave one to my DD16 last year, but she was sitting with DD12 and looks very young for her age.

I think I've heard that you can buy those cups from some of the "glowing stuff" vendors, but I've never checked and have no way to know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter