WOC Dining Package or Dessert Party?

They are HUGE, btw. Very difficult to fit in a carry-on suitcase.

Quoted for truth. I was SO RELIEVED when my daughter passed up the light-up cup on our recent trip because she already had one at home. The darn thing practically requires its own suitcase.

I have a couple questions. So if we have 4 people, are all the plates just one for the table or do we each get our own?

If it is just one plate per table are we able to ask for more?

We're off to Disneyland at the end of July and I'm currently trying to decide what's the best option for us for seeing World of Color. I'm torn between one of the WOC dining packages (I think we'd go for Wine Country Trattoria, although none of the menus have me bowled over) or booking the dessert party.

I'd like to book something as I think this is going to be our only opportunity to see WOC, so I'd like a good view. We're in the UK and as WDW is so much closer to us that another trip to the west coast is unlikely, at least for the foreseeable future.

I'm going back and forth between them. Any advice?

We opted to do the dining package at the Wine Country Trattoria. I felt that it was just slightly more than we would have spent for dinner anyway as opposed to the expensive dessert party tickets.

We leave on Sunday for California and will be doing the dining package on Tuesday! :-)

We will be doing the dining package at Wine Country Trattoria on Tuesday.

As a family of four, it would have been cost prohibitive to do the dessert party. Additionally, only one of us would take advantage of the adult beverages and one person wouldn't eat any of the desserts.

We're off to Disneyland at the end of July and I'm currently trying to decide what's the best option for us for seeing World of Color. I'm torn between one of the WOC dining packages (I think we'd go for Wine Country Trattoria, although none of the menus have me bowled over) or booking the dessert party.

I'd like to book something as I think this is going to be our only opportunity to see WOC, so I'd like a good view. We're in the UK and as WDW is so much closer to us that another trip to the west coast is unlikely, at least for the foreseeable future.

I'm going back and forth between them. Any advice?

The Dessert Party is the only option with seats. I prefer the Party but it really depends on whether you want a seat. There is about $30 difference in price but since you are traveling from the UK and if it is your budget go for the party. The WOC dining packages provide the best value for the $$ but no seat.

Our DF did the Dinner Package at AG in 2013: it was good, but you have to stand during WOC. Yes I thought I had to be the "first one and front row!" I got very wet . . STANDING. . . wet . . . STANDING!! In 2016 we did the Dessert Package; ONLY WAY TO GO!!! You get to sit down and be served during the wait before the show and early on during the show. Did I mention you get to SIT!!! Food was ok: nothing special cheese/crackers and some varied sweet treats. An alcohol and non alcohol options for the adults. I did the "Blue Alcohol" one and it was good; not too strong. Then finished up with coffee. Our kids got these great souvenir cups with the refillable punch in it. The WOC cups had the glowing light that matched everyone's WOC ears and the lights; just another awesome detail that is Disney. NOTE: I sat up in the "directors chairs": I looked at all the seating and I couldn't see a bad angle from ANY table. The show is up and out so you don't notice anyone in front of you. The WOC dessert package will be a must on our list every time. Get a light dinner earlier that evening; then SIT and enjoy your drinks and desserts and most of all the amazing show. We lined up as soon as you could without irritating the CM too much: there was a bit of a wait in line before we sat; but this way you could get a decent choice of your table. Hope this helps and either way you can't go wrong!!

FWIW, I couldn't rationalize $320 for our family of four to do the dessert party. I have one kid who won't eat the desserts and only my husband will drink any alcohol. That is a lot of souvenirs that we could take home instead!

I've not done the dessert package, but from everything I've read, if having a good view of the show with minimal wait is your main goal, I would go with that. I've done the WCT Dinner Package and I did really enjoy the food, so in that way it was worth it. The problems is that there are good spots and bad spots within all of the viewing areas for WoC. You still have to plan to get there a little before the viewing area opens for the dining package if you want the best chance at getting one of the good spots (so still an hour or so before the show starts). Remember, given how WoC is set-up, no matter where you end up, if you standing behind someone taller than you, you're going to be in a "bad" spot because they'll be blocking your view of the stuff that happens at water level (which is below most of the viewing areas).

Front row, not only do you get wet, but you're too close to take in the entire experience all at once. Dessert Party is way better.

What time do you all suggest getting to the dessert party? We have reservations for the 25th of this month. Thank you!

It depends if you care where you sit or you have unique party needs (wheelchairs, large party, stroller you want to use during the show). All the seats are a great view. If you have someone with a wheelchair that is short there are a few tables up against the shrubs where the person might not be able to see at all (happened with my DD) but a mobile child could see from there just fine. But otherwise, show up at the time it says to on the reservation or even a few minutes after. Yes. There will already be a line and you will think you got there too late, but you will get as good of a seat as the people who waited. Not having to wait in line is a big part of the value of the show. I have done the party 3 or 4 times and being there earlier didn't get me a better seat, except when we got there about 10 minutes later than the reservation time and had the wheelchair issue. We were among the last to arrive and there were no other options for seating.

Thanks Jen, we are just a party of 3 (me and my two kids), hoping for a high top. We may get there 10 minutes before the listed time just in case, but like you said the main benefit for me is we don't have to get there super early and stand in line to get a good seat :) Thanks!

I would def do dessert, I cant remember when F! Is coming back but if its while u are there it may be beneficial for you to do WoC dessert and F! Dinner :)

Just did the dessert party and although it's pricey we were all extremely happy we did it. It was worth every penny not to struggle with a child (and my petite self) trying to see everything.

We strolled up at 9:20pm (had FP for RSR at 8:50 and we wanted to use it). Yes, we were last to arrive, but our table was just fine -- nobody to block and if we did it wouldn't have mattered because we could've shifted our chairs a little bit by the scooters.

We've done Carthay dining package and it was nice, but this was by far the better choice for us.

If this is your one time to watch WOC and can splurge go for dessert party. You'll be happy you did. :)

Hello everyone!
I will be in LA in two weeks with my s/o, and looking to visit Disneyland on the 17th for my birthday. I was hoping to do the MSEP BB package, but the only time available was at 8:50 - meaning I`ll probably miss out on the fireworks. :sad1:
It's our first time at Disneyland as adults and first time doing a dining package, so everything is a bit of a blur other than what I've read up on disboards.

What are the chances of times becoming available in these next two weeks? If not, what would you recommend for dinner?

I have a cc dining package booked for woc for another day, but now I`m heavily debating the dessert party because of fly girl's post. :)

Any help is appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter