Wonder from New Orleans in 2020?

Guess I should cruise her in Feb out of PC or hold off til Alaska. I seem to be the only person on earth who cannot stand New Orleans.

I might be too - I've never been! I do like NO Square at Disneyland, the architecture, shrimps and gumbo, beignets and chicory coffee though, so we'll see. ;)

Granted, my one visit there was complicated by other factors, but I don’t see the magic and romance everyone else sees. I see the drunk, dirty, oh-so-segregated, HOT side everyone else seems able to ignore.

I love going to NOLA. There is a real charm there, and lots of history, not to mention the incredible food. The location of the cruise terminal is really unique, it's connected to a hotel and a mall, super convenient. Wouldn't be able to book this one fast enough.

So I read the headline first, and I immediately thought of what Scott posted in 2013, and there it was at the end of the report. I will sail from NOLA, though it is the same distance for me to PC. HOWEVER I CAN TAKE THE TRAIN. Sign me up!

New Orleans doesn't really impact decision making for me but I wonder if the WBPC will be later in March 2020 then, given that Grand Cayman is still showing the Wonder into March.

New Orleans doesn't really impact decision making for me but I wonder if the WBPC will be later in March 2020 then, given that Grand Cayman is still showing the Wonder into March.

Yes it's showing the Disney Wonder in Grand Cayman on March 9 2020 but it's also showing the Disney Magic in Grand Cayman on March 2 2020, interesting. Has the Magic been to GC before?

While I'd love to go to NOLA, I don't see it as a great home port because it's just not that easy to get there from most of the country. There aren't many direct flights from the west coast (yeah, it's not like they ever consider us anyway). Galveston made sense in that it was nearer the middle of the country and not so close to FL.

Yikes. I was hoping for Feb. If it's in March I bet it'll be too popular and I won't end up booking. Plus, it's hot in some of those destinations. All the TRs I read complain about oppressively hot weather. March would be much worse than Feb. in that regard. Oh well, I guess we will know very soon.

Yes it's showing the Disney Wonder in Grand Cayman on March 9 2020 but it's also showing the Disney Magic in Grand Cayman on March 2 2020, interesting. Has the Magic been to GC before?

I don't know about previously, but the Magic does have quite a few scheduled itineraries with Grand Cayman as a stop in 2019!

While I'd love to go to NOLA, I don't see it as a great home port because it's just not that easy to get there from most of the country. There aren't many direct flights from the west coast (yeah, it's not like they ever consider us anyway). Galveston made sense in that it was nearer the middle of the country and not so close to FL.

Yikes. I was hoping for Feb. If it's in March I bet it'll be too popular and I won't end up booking. Plus, it's hot in some of those destinations. All the TRs I read complain about oppressively hot weather. March would be much worse than Feb. in that regard. Oh well, I guess we will know very soon.

Yes we are west coast in Canada so flying anywhere east of California seems to be challenging :( We wanted to do Panama Canal during spring break 2020 so if Disney lines up I'd love to do that, otherwise we are probably looking at Princess or NCL. I take your point about the heat. The 2019 one is in Feb, would be interesting to see how those folks feel about the heat.

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I want to book my cruuuuuise. Now I just have to decide between Star Wars and Marvel day at sea....

She's been there a number of times, both on seven night cruises from Port Canaveral, and five night cruises from Miami. The five nights are my favorite, a CC day, a Grand Cayman day, and two sea days. Perfect combination for a short cruise.

I would be surprised if it's New Orleans. It's one thing for Disney to have a recent animated feature set in New Orleans, and to have New Orleans Square at Disneyland, but to base a ship of New Orleans - I doubt it. We visited New Orleans for a couple of days this summer. It's a cesspool of filth. And I'm not just referring to Bourbon Street.

Charleston makes more sense. Or how about Baltimore? DCL could offer a "The Wire" tour of the City.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter