Wonder getting 12 More Cat Vs

undertheradar

DIS Veteran
If DCL is adding 12 more Cat Vs to the Wonder, where will the concierge lounge be expanded? Many times there is not enough room in the concierge lounge, thus the concierge lunch served on embarkation. Sorry, constant price increases and added lowest level concierge staterooms is not something that this cruiser is excited to hear about.

I thought the Wonder was in dry dock not long ago when they added Tianas and expanded the concierge lounge??

Oct '16. She has been following a 2-3 pattern of years b/w visits that would normally not have her back in the yard until 2019 but it's possible they could have moved it up.

I felt disappointed when I read this! I don’t sail concierge anyway, but I wish Disney would’ve done some upgrades to make the wonder more enticing for my older children. My toddler daughter and I love the Wonder but my sons have no interest because it doesn’t have a big water slide like the aqua duck.

Where did you read that new Cat V’s were being added to Wonder ?

We sailed Wonder in Concierge after the first Cat V were added and the lounge was more than adequate. They took over the second floor of the Cove Cafe. I don’t think they added Concierge Embarkation lunch because of a lack of space in the lounges (although it is a problem on Dream and Fantasy) but because guests were complaining they had to delay lunch to meet the hosts. More than once, we sneaked out of group 1 to go grab our lunch in Cabanas before heading to the lounge to meet the hosts.

I felt disappointed when I read this! I don’t sail concierge anyway, but I wish Disney would’ve done some upgrades to make the wonder more enticing for my older children. My toddler daughter and I love the Wonder but my sons have no interest because it doesn’t have a big water slide like the aqua duck.

The old explanation for the lack of the Aquadunk is that it made the ship too large to go through the Panama Canal. I’m not sure that is still the case with the new locks. One thing is certain : they can’t add the AquaDuck. We had a conference by the imagineer who designed it and he said it had to be built into the design of the ship since it made such an impact on stability. They can’t just tack it on Wonder.

We sailed Wonder in Concierge after the first Cat V were added and the lounge was more than adequate. They took over the second floor of the Cove Cafe. I don’t think they added Concierge Embarkation lunch because of a lack of space in the lounges (although it is a problem on Dream and Fantasy) but because guests were complaining they had to delay lunch to meet the hosts. More than once, we sneaked out of group 1 to go grab our lunch in Cabanas before heading to the lounge to meet the hosts.

The old explanation for the lack of the Aquadunk is that it made the ship too large to go through the Panama Canal. I’m not sure that is still the case with the new locks. One thing is certain : they can’t add the AquaDuck. We had a conference by the imagineer who designed it and he said it had to be built into the design of the ship since it made such an impact on stability. They can’t just tack it on Wonder.
Someone in another social media group I'm in posted an announcement from WDWinfo.com

I wonder if the Magic will get the same 12 room conversion?

For those wanting verification, there is an article posted on The Dis in the News area.

Looks like they will need to add another concierge staffer on the ship. This is a potential of adding up to 60 extra concierge passengers. Hope there are more cabanas being planned on CC.

For those wanting verification, there is an article posted on The Dis in the News area.

Looks like they will need to add another concierge staffer on the ship. This is a potential of adding up to 60 extra concierge passengers. Hope there are more cabanas being planned on CC.

Not everyone wants a cabana - even concierge guests.

If DCL is adding 12 more Cat Vs to the Wonder, where will the concierge lounge be expanded? Many times there is not enough room in the concierge lounge, thus the concierge lunch served on embarkation. Sorry, constant price increases and added lowest level concierge staterooms is not something that this cruiser is excited to hear about.

Honestly, I'm excited about this simply because I'm hoping it will make it easier to get the larger rooms. I have no interest in concierge, or the lounge etc., but the 1 and 2 bedrooms suites have the best bed combinations for my large family (literally large, I'm the shortest person at 6'3").

Not everyone wants a cabana - even concierge guests.

:wave2: I honestly can't see the point of renting a Cabana. I'm sure it's great for some people, but for us it just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention the fact, that in the coming years with 3 new ships tied to the Bahamas, I don't think we'll see much of the Magic class ships visiting CC.

Honestly, I'm excited about this simply because I'm hoping it will make it easier to get the larger rooms. I have no interest in concierge, or the lounge etc., but the 1 and 2 bedrooms suites have the best bed combinations for my large family (literally large, I'm the shortest person at 6'3").
If they're making more Category V rooms, it's not the one bedroom suites. They're probably just "upgrading" some of the current Deluxe Family Oceanview with verandah rooms.

Category V (on the Magic) is 304 ft (including verandah) and that's the same square footage that the Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah rooms have.

If they're making more Category V rooms, it's not the one bedroom suites. They're probably just "upgrading" some of the current Deluxe Family Oceanview with verandah rooms.

Yes, the recently announced rooms are the same size as Cat 4s. However, because there will now be more “small” Concierge rooms available, it is possible that more people who want Concierge benefits but don’t need larger rooms will book a Category V instead of a suite. This will make more 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites available for those who want the additional space. I know on our cruise next June on the Magic, the Category V rooms sold out well before the suites, but all except the Accessible 1-bedroom suites are now sold out as well. Some of the people who booked a suite might have booked a Cat V instead if it were available.

As far as the effect on cabanas: With the added rooms, the number of Concierge rooms will be about the same as on the Dream and Fantasy, which have more rooms in total. So, although this will affect cabana availability for Wonder guests, the chance of getting a cabana will still be better than it is on the larger ships.

Category V (on the Magic) is 304 ft (including verandah) and that's the same square footage that the Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah rooms have.

Yes, but this will open more up for people possibly looking just for the concierge service.

We don't need a cabana now, but they're great when you have an infant or toddler who needs extended time out of the sun and/or to nap. Or when you're traveling with much older family members who need the same things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter