Wonder Heading Back to Port Canaveral?

I haven't seen any posts about running DCL and agree these are difficult times but DCL does not have to add to the difficulty by stringing people along. DCL is a CLIA member. Does anyone here truly believe that DCL was blindsided by the CLIA voluntary ban announcement and that the cruises from 07/25-09/15 that they were selling only days ago had to be cancelled and that they truly intended to sail those cruises? C'mon man. It was just coincidence that DCL was going around the Caribbean getting rid of their crew and the ban until 09/15 just happen to come down? Sure. If you're getting rid of your crew, that means you're aware there are not going to be anymore cruises, yet you continued to sell the cruises or string along those who have already PIF.

I've got $10,314.91 tied up in a 10/02 Dream cruise that DCL removed from their website but does not have the decency to tell me is cancelled so that I can make other arrangements. Also have airfare, hotel, to and from port, etc tied up as well. This is a recurring thing happening to many, not just me. Has nothing to do with company's "core knowledge" or telling anybody how to run their company or "justifying their actions", there's just always going to be a right way to treat people and this isn't it. I understand the CDC and the virus is not their fault and am not blaming them for that. If they want to cancel my cruise or reduce capacity on my cruise because of the virus/CDC/CLIA, that's fine, I accept that. All I'm asking is if my cruise is being cancelled or removed from new bookings to reduce capacity, then let me know. It's really really obvious my cruise is no longer listed on their website, so the "we didn't know we were going to cancel" game by DCL is getting a little played out. It wasn't removed from their website by accident. It then gets compounded when you see all these reports that they're cruising around the Caribbean shedding their crews. I e-mailed shoreside concierge asking why my cruise was removed from the website and just got the standard form letter reply e-mail stating "if anything changes we will reach out to make you aware". To me DCL is the best cruise line in the industry so as such, I consider them an industry leader. One of the fundamentals of leadership is that you keep your people informed.

The first round of cancellations was a surprise but now that we've seen enough of these, you start to notice the company doing things up until the cancellation that appears like they had prior knowledge of the cancellation but continue to sell or keep PIF cruises, knowing they do not intend to sail them. For example, getting rid of your crews is a big giant red flag for future cruising. Removing all Sept and Oct Dream cruises from your website, another giant red flag. Would be very hard for DCL to make those kind of moves and then claim they didn't know they were going to have to cancel those cruises when they do finally let us know officially.
This is our cruise as well, 2 concierge rooms, agree it would be nice to know for sure if it's being cancelled,

This is our cruise as well, 2 concierge rooms, agree it would be nice to know for sure if it's being cancelled,

Yep, just trying to have the wishfullest of the wishful thinking that this cruise will go out. I thought if they were going to cancel, they would do it right after PIF when everyone from the cruises from 09/18-10/02 had PIF'd and DCL had all the money they're going to get from these cruises. The last PIF for all of the unpublished Dream/Fantasy cruises was 07/04 and no cancellation yet. So gives me some hope.

In case anybody was wondering, there are 5 DCL cruises on the Dream and 3 DCL cruises on the Fantasy that are scheduled from 09/18/20 to 10/02/20 that have not been cancelled but are not listed on the DCL website for some reason.

Yep, just trying to have the wishfullest of the wishful thinking that this cruise will go out. I thought if they were going to cancel, they would do it right after PIF when everyone from the cruises from 09/18-10/02 had PIF'd and DCL had all the money they're going to get from these cruises. The last PIF for all of the unpublished Dream/Fantasy cruises was 07/04 and no cancellation yet. So gives me some hope.

In case anybody was wondering, there are 5 DCL cruises on the Dream and 3 DCL cruises on the Fantasy that are scheduled from 09/18/20 to 10/02/20 that have not been cancelled but are not listed on the DCL website for some reason.
I'm hoping too, but not optimistic. I think they may cancel because it would seem a bit crazy to get crew for just a couple of weeks then go into dry dock. I think they're just holding off cancelling as long as possible to get as much interest as possible before they possibly have to issue refunds! :(

I'm hoping too, but not optimistic. I think they may cancel because it would seem a bit crazy to get crew for just a couple of weeks then go into dry dock. I think they're just holding off cancelling as long as possible to get as much interest as possible before they possibly have to issue refunds! :(

I thought that too but then I wondered why create interest in a cruise you cannot book and is unpublished and not on their website. Also, since you cannot book these cruises and they are past the PIF for all 8 of these cruises, they cannot make any more money on these cruises. The money they have now is all they are going to get. So I do not get the rationale in not cancelling them if they are in fact not going to sail.

Because they do not want any more people booking the cruise when they know they will need to run at a lower capacity. If they were to cancel those last remaining cruises in September, what is the difference between those and the ones in October? Time? That makes no difference in terms of the virus. If they were going to cancel those in September they will cancel at least through October. The only way to keep people from booking is pulling the cruise from the site.

Because they do not want any more people booking the cruise when they know they will need to run at a lower capacity. If they were to cancel those last remaining cruises in September, what is the difference between those and the ones in October? Time? That makes no difference in terms of the virus. If they were going to cancel those in September they will cancel at least through October. The only way to keep people from booking is pulling the cruise from the site.

I'm not clear on what you mean. Are you saying they may not be cancelling the 09/18-10/02 unpublished cruises now because they are waiting to do one giant cancelation of all the cruises through Oct 31st?

I'm not clear on what you mean. Are you saying they may not be cancelling the 09/18-10/02 unpublished cruises now because they are waiting to do one giant cancelation of all the cruises through Oct 31st?

Not at all, sorry! I’m saying that I wouldn’t think that they’d cancel the remaining cruises in September unless they’re cancelling more into October. It doesn't make sense to cancel 5 more sailings and then restart unless it’s a manning issue, early dry dock, etc

I’m on the 9/29 Fantasy so I’m staying optimistic. Tastings have all already sold out but the Princess Gatherings have not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter