Wonderful BCV Stay

Alexander

DIS Veteran
We arrived at BCV at 11:30 AM on August 7th, and wow, was it busy! I kind of expected this since it was Sunday. I waited in line about 15 minutes engaging in friendly conversation with other waiting guests, many who were also DVC members staying in the villas.

When I arrived at the counter, I had the most awesome CM ever! He pulled up our ressie and then grabbed the floor layout map. He said, "I see you've requested a view of the quiet pool, I am looking for one now." Then he said, "I have one room that I believe is ready, it's on the 5th floor all the way at the end, or I have one close to the main elevator that will be ready after 4:00, which would you prefer?" We chose the one that was ready, so he needed to go in back and confirm that it was. He was gone almost 10 minutes, which seemed really long, but when he came back, he told us the room was ready.

We went up to our room, which I think was the most awesome room we've ever had there! We were in studio 566. This is a dedicated studio and is the last room on the fifth floor right next to the pool elevator. The balcony was so big, we could have put the queen size bed out there. We also had a huge extended entryway that could have easily held two portable cribs or an aerobed. There were two closets with tons, and tons of storage space as well.

Since we were on the end, we had no neighbors! Yipee! This is the first time I have not been woken by people arriving to their rooms late at night. The only part some people may not like about our room is we were right next to the pool elevator and you could hear it go up and down each time. This was absolutely not an issue for us, as this elevator doesn't seem to move much between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM. It didn't wake any of us once!

The room was very, very clean, they shampooed our carpets and replaced the nightstand during our stay. I was very pleased to see so much maintenance going on each day. ID's were being checked at SAB, and although there were a lot of people there, it wasn't horrible. We ate at B&C three times, never had to wait for a table. We also had breakfast at Cape May once, which by the way, was very good!

Thanks for sharing. We go back to BCV in 12/06. Seems so long from now!

Glad you had a good trip. Did you make reservations for breakfast at Cape May? We are staying at BWV next week and thinking of walking over for breakfast one morning. Thanks.

I am so happy to hear you loved your room and had a great stay! We will be staying in a studio on Tuesday. I am getting so excited about staying at BCV, but am not looking forward to the heat. It is supposed to get a little cooler in NY this week (in the 80s) and Orlando is supposed to continue to be in the 90s. Help!
Thanks for sharing and again, I am so glad you enjoyed your trip! :flower:

We checked in on 8/7 also!! We too had an awesome BCV experience! We had a studio on the 2nd floor, I believe it was 270. It was our 1st stay at BC and I was so impressed! Can not wait to go back!!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to go back!

Alexander, I've stayed in that room! We got there around midnight on a Christmas Day and I guess all the other rooms were taken so we got last dibs, but I was absolutely THRILLED with the room. The extended entryway made it feel so spacious and we spent so much time on that awesome balcony. Even now, every time I'm down at the BCV quiet pool, I always look up fondly at that balcony. That was one of my favorite vacations.

The funny thing is that we kept hearing the elevator noise and had no idea what it was from. We didn't realize there was an elevator around the corner from our room until literally the last night. While we heard the noise, it was not annoying at all. Glad you liked the room as much as we did!

Glad to read all the positive reviews of BCV! We'll be checking in for the first time in a couple weeks and are really looking forward to it!

justloveit said:
Glad you had a good trip. Did you make reservations for breakfast at Cape May? We are staying at BWV next week and thinking of walking over for breakfast one morning. Thanks.
We actually didn't make a PS for breakfast. We waited less than 15 minutes for a table. I would recommend getting there before 9ish. It seemed that there were a lot of people waiting when we were leaving about 9:30. There were more people walking-in too than those with PS's.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm so glad that recent reviews for BCV are all pretty positive, unlike the wave of blah reviews of BCV (re housekeeping, maintenance, bad CMs, etc.) from months ago. I'm so excited that our first trip home to BVC is coming up in less than 4 months! :flower:

Your post made me want to go so bad.
Im going to have to write down that number and request it in Oct.
I cant wait till then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter