Wonderful Studio @ BWV!

JKLLady

Mouseketeer
We're just back from a great trip to BWV! We had dedicated/studio plus 4061; it was a Village Green/Boardwalk view on the 4th floor, only 4 doors down from the elevators (no long hall walks!), non-smoking and in very good shape.

My only requests had been non-smoking for medical reasons (DS, 7, has asthma) & non-handicapped. We checked in at 3:30PM, room was not ready, but was told it was a Village Green view.

We headed to the Screen Door to grab a soda & sat on the Boardwalk relaxing with them; went back to the desk @ 4:10 PM & was given our room number. We were thrilled with the location & the fact that it was a dedicated studio (no connecting room door noise); couldn't have asked for better if I had chosen it myself!

The room was in excellent shape, no major problems. The only dust seen was on the vanity light fixture & on the hanging lamp above the table. The bathroom was spotless.....no mildew anywhere & the tiles gleemed! Our only other issue was with a stubborn sofa bed. It took both my husband & I to open or close it! They really need to update them with the new ones like they have at SSR (we stayed there in July & that sofa bed was a piece of cake.....even our little guy could open it by himself!).

The trip was great & it was wonderful to wake up yesterday & go out on the balcony to watch them putting up the Village Green Christmas tree.......we miss "Home" already!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Did you have a Boardwalk ressie or a Preferred view ressie? This room sounds great and we have a preferred view ressie in February and would love to have a room like the one you describe.

Sheryl,

We had a Preferred View reservation and even though we had a great view of the Boardwalk, they don't consider it Boardwalk View since it fronts on the Village Green. The room was located between the opening for Luna Park & Wyland Galleries. We could even watch the nightime entertainment from our balcony.

I also love the dedicated studio (we've had it twice before) because the daybed gives you an extra area to stow stuff, including a home for the stuffed animals won on the Boardwalk & at AK's Dinoland!

Sounds like a fabulous room! I am surprised they are already putting up the tree. Is it always this early?

Thanks for the info & I am printing off this thread to try to request the room in February.

Thanks for the report!

Thank you for posting your report. We're headed out tuesday for a studio stay at BWV. Happy to hear you enjoyed the room. This trip I do have a BW view confirmed on the ressie. It will be interesting to find out what view we end up with!!:)

Originally posted by Lexxiefern
....... I am surprised they are already putting up the tree. Is it always this early?
Pretty much - at least for the past few years. The Holiday decorations seem to be going up very close to the same time as they did last year.

Best wishes -

That sounds like a wonderful Studio! Just one question, is the village green the area were the main staircase is going up to the Boardwalk lobby?

Lexxie,

We've gone to WDW for the past four "Jersey Weeks" & the Christmas decorations have gone up that week each year. They seem to do the EPCOT resorts first. We took the monorail & checked out GF, CR & Poly & the only decoration to be found was the outside tree @ the CR being put up. The decorations @ YC, BC & BCV were up by Thursday & BWs were up on Friday.

Dallas,

The Village Green is the open lawn area between the BW & the stairs to the lobby area. It's right by the surrey bike rental, accross from the boat dock.

We were just above that room in August. I can't remember whether it was 5061 or 63. But we were just abour Muscles and Bustles. We overlooked the Village Green also and had a great view of IllumiNations at night. I think there might have been one room to our right. I know we sort of shared a balcony with them. Just that divider thingie between us.

When we made our plans with MS for our trip this month, they asked how we liked our room in August. I told them we loved it. So, the MS lady said she would note that on our request and maybe we could get a similar view in a one-bedroom unit!!!! And it was a preferred view. A nice view of the lake, the boats coming and going and some of the Boardwalk area.

I think I may call MS and see if I can add a "Village Green" view request to my preferred room ressie in February.
Can't hurt!

I requested this view in June and it was noted on my reservation as a view of the golfing green which gave us all a big laugh.

What great news! Thanks for sharing your great experiences with your studio.

Isn't the "golfing green" the new area that is being constructed behind JellyRolls? They are removing the old DVC models and offices and transforming the plot of land into a golfing green. It is right along the canal across from the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter