Wonderful Trip 4/11-20As

bapcap

Mouseketeer
Let me start by saying, we had a wonderful Spring Break vacation!
Our traveling family consisted of me(Mimi), Papa, daughter, granddaughter(9), son, and son’s girlfriend.
The planning began last June after I suggested a trip to WDW. Despite my concerns about high crowd levels over Spring Break, this was the only time that would “work” for daughter and son’s girlfriend because they both teach. (Summertime was not an option due to the heat and humidity)
We stayed at Port Orleans-French Quarter, Bldg 1 in 2 connecting rooms. The rooms were perfect for us...having two bathrooms was so helpful. (There was a little mixup on the room assignments when we arrived very late on the 11th, but Disney was able to remedy the problem the next day)
I purchased 6 day Park Hopper Plus tickets through Undercover Tourist and it was easy to activate them to our Magicbands before we arrived. (Magicbands are fantastic and so convenient)
I made some dining reservations(Chef Mickey’s, Sci Fi Diner, California Grill, Chef Art Smith’s Homecooking)at the 180 day mark with no problems and made our FastPasses at the 60 day mark.
As I stated previously, I was very nervous about the crowd levels each day and I can say we were all pleasantly surprised! The crowds were not horrible. We compared them to a really busy day when we’ve been to Disneyland. The Magic Kingdom was the most crowded, but we could still get around pretty easily.
As for the parks, we enjoyed all of them by using FastPasses for the most popular rides. At the end of each day, we agreed that we had done just about everything we wanted. Granddaughter was so brave and rode several roller coasters this trip!
One day was spent at Blizzard Beach with a cabana for the day. (We lucked out because there had been a cancellation on a cabana that day) We spent the whole day having fun on the slides, floating in the creek,and the wave pool. Our cabana attendant, Jen, was terrific too!
We visited Disney Springs a few evenings, enjoyed food, ice cream sundaes, shopping, and the whole atmosphere was fun!
We had great weather...not too hot and only had heavy rain on our last day, the 19th(what a thunderstorm it was!)
As we were traveling home, I suggested we make this an annual family trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter