WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Just booked need to get a ticker

lovintheland

Mouseketeer
We are officially going September 16!

Kids don't know so DH and I have trying really hard to have quiet celebratory champagne tonight with much wispering in the kitchen :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is going to be soooo hard to keep quiet.

Thank you all for sharing my excitment :yay:

We're not telling them until the day we leave. W've done the surprise 9 weeks out before, then last year we booked 6 months out and they knew so it wasn't a surprise and this time while they are getting ready for school the morning of the 16th September a big box will appear at the front door with a massive mickey helium balloon and a letter telling them they are not going to school today they're going to Disneyland.
Some other aussie did something similiar last year, can't quite remember who it was??? but I loved the idea!
It's going to be so hard to keep until then but the screams will be worth it. We were just eating brekkie with the kids saying "this time last year we had breaky at Mimi's and then to Disneyland for our last day of our trip". Hubby and I were faking our sadness :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
The only problem so far is HoJo's is booked out and we really want to stay there again. I'm hoping someone will cancel, so fingers crossed !

Oh YAAAAAAAY, I am soooo excited for you. I hope you got the great deal on airfares you were hoping to get :thumbsup2

Do you plan on going to the Trick or Treat party? This year it is going to be in Disneyland instead of CA but I reckon it will still be good. We went last year and thought it was amazing - loved it, loved it, loved it. Still have some of the lollies left sitting here at home :rotfl::rotfl:

Enjoy the planning and good luck with not letting it slip out :hug:

xxx

Oh my gosh, how amazing that surprise will be for your children! I wish I could do that too but I know there is no way I could keep my excited mouth shut :rotfl:

How exciting for your kids :cheer2:

We are going in September too and haven't told the kids yet but don't think we could do the on the day thing. We will probably tell them a few week before we go :dance3:

thanks Aussiegirls! yes we got a great price. Got the quote a few days ago with flight centre beating the price we got from V and they held it until we paid yesterday. Checked the prices today and we paid $6400 for the 5 of us. Today the same flights are $7800 :banana:.

Would love to go the Trick or Treat party because I remember you saying it was great, but I don't think it will be when we are there. Do they only have it right before Halloween?

Zaccy, when in September are you going? How are you going to tell the kids?

Thank you all again for sharing my excitement

x

lovintheland, I am not sure of the exact dates of the halloween party but I remember it starting last year in about mid-September. So if it is the same you might just make it.

Very excited for you :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

xxx

I just read a thread on the Disneyland Forum saying that Halloween starts on 17 September - Perfect!!!!, but the Trick or Treat parties are only on in October - Bugger!!!!!!!

That's a bit of a bummer isn't it. I just checked on the DL website and they sure have cut down the dates since last year. I think last year it was almost nightly for about a month. I suppose they are having less now because it is in Disneyland and not CA, they probably don't want to close it to the public too often.

Bummer anyway :sad2:

xxx

We leave on the 7th of September and will be in Anaheim/LA for 2 weeks then will go on to Seattle and finally San Francisco.

Not sure how we are going to tell the kids yet - am open to suggestions :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter