Word of warning to MVMCP/BoG ADR's during party hours...

See, I just don't see how they make that 6PM close stick unless they only let in ADRs pre-party, and take away the past-years 4PM access.
It's more of a soft close I think. They'll start funneling people out at 6 that don't have tickets. It helps psychologically because if somebody thinks the park closes at 6, they might get in line for a ride at 5:50 or so, then they won't actually leave until 6:15 or later (versus 7:15 at a 7pm close). This helps Disney clear the park once the 7pm party officially starts.

Ok, I was able to book BOG at @ 6:30pm on a party night this morning. We are going to the party the same night; however, have not purchased the event tickets yet. Will they cancel my dining reservation cause Disney can see I don't have tickets yet for the event in MDE or will they send me a reminder or something to ensure I purchase tickets soon?

Ok, I was able to book BOG at @ 6:30pm on a party night this morning. We are going to the party the same night; however, have not purchased the event tickets yet. Will they cancel my dining reservation cause Disney can see I don't have tickets yet for the event in MDE or will they send me a reminder or something to ensure I purchase tickets soon?

No, they won't cancel your reservation. I believe in the past that they've sent reminders that tickets are required for the reservation, but don't quote me on that.

Now they can't even say the regular site let them book and they didn't see warnings.

2ish years ago I was able to book a reservation that would have needed party tickets and there were NO warnings ahead of time. You can disbelieve me all you want, but I'm pretty thorough with reading through sites, emails, and "fine print" (which is rarely "fine" anymore), and there was nothing. About a day later the wording went up, but on that day, nope.

That said, very few people read everything, and just the fact that links are out there that someone can click on mean that SOMEONE will click on them, not read, and not realize they booked something they oughtn't have. :)

We did this before. A few weeks out from the party I got a phone call telling me if we didn't buy tickets we would not be able to use our ADR.

Ok, so I guess I am one of the clueless ones. I booked a 6:30 pm BOG, and we are not attending the party. I thought since it was during regular park hours we would be fine. I guess the consensus is this is not the case?

Ok, so I guess I am one of the clueless ones. I booked a 6:30 pm BOG, and we are not attending the party. I thought since it was during regular park hours we would be fine. I guess the consensus is this is not the case?

Which party? If it is the Halloween party time frame, you're okay. If it is MVMCP, you'll need a party ticket to eat at 6:30.

IMG_0120.PNG IMG_0121.PNG

The 6:30 pm slot is clearly in the party dining link for both the Halloween & the Christmas party. Party time slots start at 6 pm for both parties. Both say you need a ticket for the party to book the reservation "no exceptions will be made". Seems pretty clear those times are intended only for people attending the party.

Which party? If it is the Halloween party time frame, you're okay. If it is MVMCP, you'll need a party ticket to eat at 6:30.

The Halloween party. I agree the warning should make it clear to me, but in the email they sent me it says "if applicable." I just assumed it was not applicable to my reservation, as it was during regular operating hours. I'm planning to call WDW DINE to get clarification. I will certainly cancel if need be. I just know in years past you could still eat in that 6 o clock hour before a party.

The Halloween party. I agree the warning should make it clear to me, but in the email they sent me it says "if applicable." I just assumed it was not applicable to my reservation, as it was during regular operating hours. I'm planning to call WDW DINE to get clarification. I will certainly cancel if need be. I just know in years past you could still eat in that 6 o clock hour before a party.

If you used the party dining link to make the reservation, you need a party ticket for a 6:30 reservation.

View attachment 246345 View attachment 246346

The 6:30 pm slot is clearly in the party dining link for both the Halloween & the Christmas party. Party time slots start at 6 pm for both parties. Both say you need a ticket for the party to book the reservation "no exceptions will be made". Seems pretty clear those times are intended only for people attending the party.

I agree with you @focusondisney IF they made their reservation through the new party only page. BUT if @snowwhite84 made this reservation on the regular dining page a month ago before these party pages were even known to be coming, I think they're fine.

I'm in the same boat, CP @ 6:30 on a Halloween party night and booked on the regular site. Curious as to what they say because we're a party of 11 and that's hard to reschedule.

I agree with you @focusondisney IF they made their reservation through the new party only page. BUT if @snowwhite84 made this reservation on the regular dining page a month ago before these party pages were even known to be coming, I think they're fine.

She posted yesterday afternoon that she got the reservation through the new party website, so I'm gonna go ahead and say she will have to cancel.

I'm in the same boat, CP @ 6:30 on a Halloween party night and booked on the regular site. Curious as to what they say because we're a party of 11 and that's hard to reschedule.

It actually looks like CP doesn't close until 6:30 on party nights, whereas BoG is closing at 6:00. Probably because it's at the front of the park, and CM's can let you out a door that leads into the parking lot to get out of the park...rather than having to be walked all the way from the back of the park like with BoG.

I think you'll be ok with the 6:30 at CP.

She posted yesterday afternoon that she got the reservation through the new party website, so I'm gonna go ahead and say she will have to cancel.

I don't see the post where she says she made it through the party site. Is it in another thread? Her post on this one just answered my question of which party time frame she is going to be at MK.

So does the park close at 6 or 7?
If the park closes at 7 why would they tell people to leave at 6?
I would be mad if I was getting in line for a ride at 6 just to have the CM say "no" and that I have to leave the park when the park is suppose to be open till 7. September 29th it still says the magic kingdom is open till 7 pm.

So does the park close at 6 or 7?
If the park closes at 7 why would they tell people to leave at 6?
I would be mad if I was getting in line for a ride at 6 just to have the CM say "no" and that I have to leave the park when the park is suppose to be open till 7. September 29th it still says the magic kingdom is open till 7 pm.

Halloween party time frame, the park hours still say open until 7 pm. Christmas party time frame, the park hours say open until 6 pm.

So for the Christmas parties the park closes at 6 and the party stars at 7 so the park will be closed from 6-7 ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!