Words of wisdom from Epcot MM?

Thanks for this! I want to make sure I understand. The party started at 10pm. You were allowed to enter at 7pm? And use your snack vouchers prior to the party starting at 10pm? Everything is closed between 9pm-10pm, correct?
Yes to most of that. Everything is still open between 9 & 10, they just want to see the event issued wristband starting at 9. You can enter the park prior to 7 pm if you have valid park admission (and park reservation if necessary) and there will be an event check in location inside the park.

Thanks for this! I want to make sure I understand. The party started at 10pm. You were allowed to enter at 7pm? And use your snack vouchers prior to the party starting at 10pm? Everything is closed between 9pm-10pm, correct?

Yes you could enter at 7pm without a regular park ticket and get your wristband and vouchers. The vouchers and flyers told you where they could be used and during what times. There were some booths you could use them for early that would be closed down during the party. Regular park people I think could be there until 9pm, but of course they could actually get in line for rides right before 9pm. Beyond that they had to have wristbands and CMs were checking in certain places for those wristbands beginning at 9pm.

Thanks for this critical tip. I wasn’t worried about using free vouchers, figured we’d just buy food when hungry and save time…so good to know that it’s not necessarily going to be easy to find. Especially with two kids that can get hangry.
I would add, it depends. This is our first EP MM and I'm going with an adult friend, so we are eating at Flying Fish early and very well may try to stock up on my favorite snacks if the lines aren't too long. 1-2 years ago we went to AK MM with young kids and made the mistake of having dinner around 5pm at GF Cafe - we didn't get to the park until after 7, we were stuffed, they decided to go to FOP first, which took an hour... I now think we should have skipped dinner, gone straight back for dumplings for dinner, and then had free (non voucher) ice cream and popcorn for dessert. We were stuffed and had a ton of vouchers left over.
Oh another issue (and I like MM, so I am not knocking it, but it has problems)— drive if you can. They shut down the monorail and everything is bus and, well, disaster. Especially for people staying at GFV, Poly, or BLT. They send all of those people to 1 (!) bus stop, and it’s the worst operations ever. I don’t think Disney has anyone working in operations anymore. More buses came for port Orleans than the monorail resort category. DH was like, port Orleans isn’t even dvc, right? And not one person was in line for the port Orleans bus.
I'm guessing the skyliner would be down too? We are staying at Riviera.

I would add, it depends. This is our first EP MM and I'm going with an adult friend, so we are eating at Flying Fish early and very well may try to stock up on my favorite snacks if the lines aren't too long. 1-2 years ago we went to AK MM with young kids and made the mistake of having dinner around 5pm at GF Cafe - we didn't get to the park until after 7, we were stuffed, they decided to go to FOP first, which took an hour... I now think we should have skipped dinner, gone straight back for dumplings for dinner, and then had free (non voucher) ice cream and popcorn for dessert. We were stuffed and had a ton of vouchers left over.

That is a good question. I assume so. I am not even sure if that back entrance was open at the end of the night at MM. They closed off half of Epcot after the fireworks around 10 pm. From like France to norway. We decided to leave the world showcase at that point. We had just gotten “evacuated” off of the ratatouille ride and when we came out everything it world showcase seemed closed at that point. Not sure what happened with that ride but it broke down. We stayed to the very end of the event (which we’ve never done before at MM). Everyone was flowing towards the main entrance at close, but we thought we were taking the monorail so I never even considered whether that back entrance was open or not. We were staying at Poly. We almost drove to the event but at the last minute dh was like it would be fun to walk to the transportation ticket center and take the monorail. It was totally out of character for him because he always wants to drive everywhere at wdw lol. He was let’s say “not happy” when we got out and saw the monorail roped off. He couldn’t believe that all deluxe monorail resorts were funneled to one bus line and that the line was insane. The bus stopped at contemporary, then poly, so GF had it the worst. That was my one and only monorail ride because I will never convince him to go to a park without a car again.

To add again we really did have a good time and love MM but the operations are a mess. If you are aware of that going in it won’t phase you. One thing we bought with our snack credits was Starbucks when we first got there— it definitely was a good use of a credit because it kept us going all night. Also almost no line there. We thought we were going to buy dinner at Epcot but everything closed REALLY early. Like we went to the restaurant in the land and it was mostly closed. So we thought we would buy dinner in France. But we made the mistake of hopping on ratatouille first and then after the ride broke down and we got out there was nothing open except the snack credit areas and the lines were literally hundreds of people long.

Last edited:

The Skyliner continues to operate during the DHS MM events, so I would guess it will operate during the Epcot MM so that members staying at Riviera can get back to the resort. You should receive an email from DVC a few days prior to the event night with check in and transportation details.

I am not even sure if that back entrance was open at the end of the night at MM.
The back entrance (IG) will be be open through the duration of MM.

The Skyliner continues to operate during the DHS MM events, so I would guess it will operate during the Epcot MM so that members staying at Riviera can get back to the resort. You should receive an email from DVC a few days prior to the event night with check in and transportation details.

The back entrance (IG) will be be open through the duration of MM.
Just curious if you have actually taken it after a MM event? Because on the Disney website it says that monorail closes 2 hours after epcot closes and skyliner closes 90 minutes after Epcot closes. We left Epcot at closing of MM and monorail was closed and you could tell it had been closed for a while. So I am assuming that two hours after close means after regular park closing. If that is the case, it might be 90 min after regular park close for skyliner. There was a real skeleton staff as well. Just one person working in the bus area (besides drivers).

Some food/snack places are open after 10pm (start of party), but lines start getting longer the towards the end as people rush to cash out vouchers. Mickey Bars also don't star until after MM has started.

That is a good question. I assume so. I am not even sure if that back entrance was open at the end of the night at MM. They closed off half of Epcot after the fireworks around 10 pm.
At the January 2025 Epcot Moonlight Magic, we walked out from the International Gateway at about 11:30 PM.

The World Showcase to Norway and to France remained open throughout so that DVC members could access the attractions there. The back half of the World Showcase closed after the 9 PM nighttime show.

Just curious if you have actually taken it after a MM event? Because on the Disney website it says that monorail closes 2 hours after epcot closes and skyliner closes 90 minutes after Epcot closes. We left Epcot at closing of MM and monorail was closed and you could tell it had been closed for a while. So I am assuming that two hours after close means after regular park closing. If that is the case, it might be 90 min after regular park close for skyliner. There was a real skeleton staff as well. Just one person working in the bus area (besides drivers).
We've taken the Skyliner back to Riviera after MM at DHS in 2022 and 2023.

The monorail does close at the regular time and buses will be available after MM to get back to the monorail resorts.

What transportation is available is noted in the final email sent out just prior to the event date.

We've taken the Skyliner back to Riviera after MM at DHS in 2022 and 2023.

The monorail does close at the regular time and buses will be available after MM to get back to the monorail resorts.

What transportation is available is noted in the final email sent out just prior to the event date.
You’re right. I went back and looked at the email and it does say the monorail stops at 10. Ugh I really wish I’d seen that ahead of time. But it didn’t say anything about the skyliner which makes no sense. Bizarre. Here’s what mine said about transportation.
IMG_4891.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter